Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Skinceuticals + Ferulic
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
I'm almost finished my C serum? Any feedback on this product yet? Confused
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Marina,

I tried it for a week of so and ended up with a terrible breakout in places I've never broken out before, so I just use it on my chest area now.

It could have been just purging but I was concerned it was the vit E.

I have seen real improvement in blotchiness on my chest though. It's evened it out nicely. HTH's!

-Cheri
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Cheri,

Well that's disappointing. Do you have oily skin? I'm oily and would hate to spend that much unless it was really great! Were you able to use the regular C & E. I used a sample of the c & e and had no problems although it's definitely less drying than the regular c. Thanks Smile
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Cheri,

Sorry to know that you are having problem with the new product.

I have been using C & E without any problem and liked it. I heard that they are going to discontinue C & E and have C E Ferulic acid replace it. I just got C E Ferulic acid the other day and have been using it for 2 to 3 days and have not seen any problem. I hope it will work for me.

Rose
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Cheri,

Sorry to know that you are having problem with the new product.

I have been using C & E without any problem and liked it. I heard that they are going to discontinue C & E and have C E Ferulic acid replace it. I just got C E Ferulic acid the other day and have been using it for 2 to 3 days and have not seen any problem. I hope it will work for me.

Rose
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Hi Cheri,

Well that's disappointing. Do you have oily skin? I'm oily and would hate to spend that much unless it was really great! Were you able to use the regular C & E. I used a sample of the c & e and had no problems although it's definitely less drying than the regular c. Thanks Smile

Yes I do have somewhat oily skin, especially the older I get. Strange isn't it? I rarely even use a moisturizer because of it. Since using the CE Ferulic on my neck and chest I have noticed the entire area stays really dewy and moisturized all day. Maybe it's just too much moisture along with my sunscreen for my facial skin. I can take getting clogged pores on my chin at times, but I had several red cystic bumps on my upper cheeks, mouth and chin areas. Needless to say, at 44 it was embarassing. I honestly think it's a good product, but just not right for my face. I'll certainly continue the rest of the bottle on areas below my face.

I never used the SC C+E before. This is my first time trying any SC C products. If the C+E was ok for you before I'd say the new one will be ok too. For some reason I keep thinking my skin just doesn't like the E in it. If you'd like I could make a sample and send to you.

-Cheri
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:29 am      Reply with quote
I started using the SC CE Ferulic on my face again on Saturday of last week and so far so good. No breakouts like the last time I tried it! I have been using it in the mornings and do not need a moisturizer afterward, only my sunscreen. I am using Prevage at night.

Hopefully it was a fluke that it broke me out so terribly the first time.

-Cheri
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:42 am      Reply with quote
I am starting to feel the urge to purchase CE Ferulic after reading the article on Antioxidants I posted today. But, I already have C+AHA arriving in the mail today. Guess, I will have to finish this bottle and then order the CE Ferulic as well as SC Line Defense (12% AHA) to make up for the AHA that is not in the CE Ferulic Serum.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Mysty, where did you post this?

Cheri, glad it's working...gives me hope. Does your skin feeel oilier with it?
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi Marina!

I changed the name of the post so you could find it: CE Ferulic - Article on Antioxidant Ratings

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:44 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Mysty, where did you post this?

Cheri, glad it's working...gives me hope. Does your skin feeel oilier with it?

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. SC Ferulic did it again, broke me out big time. It doesn't make my skin too oily after it sinks in, but something in it doesn't agree with my skin. I have found a new use for it though. It has just the right amount of oiliness for my eye area. I'm using it under my Perricone eye cream and am really liking it. I was afraid the 15% would be too much for my eye area but it has been just right. I imagine any other 15% would be too drying for my eyes. I have to be careful only to use it on the contour area and not get it on my upper cheeks though. I use the SC around my eyes and Prevage on the rest. It could be my imagination, but I believe I can tell a difference. I will repost if I see continued improvement.

-Cheri
ammwv402
5% products discount

Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:18 am      Reply with quote
The Skinceuticals CE Ferulic is the first and only serum I've ever used. I'm very pleased, so far, with the results. My skin looks glowy. I usually have a bad reaction the first few times I try anything new, but no problems whatsoever with this...I must have needed it.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |