Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

redness: allergies/rosacea or what?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mamaherrera
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Lately I have noticed redness in "blotches" on my cheeks and because it was always better in the morning, and would appear in the evening, I thought it was a product I was using causing sensitivity. So yesterday I used nothing all day. At night I used squalane oil and nothing more after cleansing. Two hours later I ate: beets, potato with butter, tilapia and dark chocolate. (a typical meal for me, nothing new) then I started seeing little red spots appear like reddened pores. today this morning, they are better, you can faintly see them but in the pictures of this morning, this gives an idea of what they look like and there were more and they were brighter. Also, just the last two days I've had an "itchy" feeling in my chin that doesn't want to be scratched, but it's there and if I scratch it gets red too. Any thoughts on what it could be and what to do?
https://www.photobox.co.uk/album/5241787525
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:10 am      Reply with quote
My skin always looks better in the am after a night of rest. (There is a scientific reason for this if you want to research.)

What are you using on your skin? Any new products? How long has this been going on? Is it possible that you have been using too many actives/exfoliates/harsh scrubs and have irritated your face? If yes and you think your moisture barrier is compromised - you would need to stick with basic cleanser and moisturizer and repair that barrier.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:19 am      Reply with quote
very very good points made thanks. I hope that is it and that it can be corrected. I haven't been using harsh exfoliators but many "exffoliators" in products, like my retinol 2% (supposedly gentle), mad hippies exfoliation, and some in my skin brightening ccreams and then my vitamin serum. . .. I will do what you say. .. .normal, no extra serums, nothing and hope I will see improvement. Ccan you repair the skin barrier? Maybe I Should try using silicones, as I try to avoid them usually.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:27 am      Reply with quote
mamaherrera wrote:
very very good points made thanks. I hope that is it and that it can be corrected. I haven't been using harsh exfoliators but many "exffoliators" in products, like my retinol 2% (supposedly gentle), mad hippies exfoliation, and some in my skin brightening ccreams and then my vitamin serum. . .. I will do what you say. .. .normal, no extra serums, nothing and hope I will see improvement. Ccan you repair the skin barrier? Maybe I Should try using silicones, as I try to avoid them usually.

Ccan you repair the skin barrier?

Yes, it takes time. I don't use silicones on my face but if you are ok with them; why not?

I had a bad experience with a retinol products and it took months to repair/calm down.

I also have an allergy to essential oils/plant extracts. (I would react with hours; 24 at most.) So I avoid those (Dermalogica, Clarins, and a lot of natural brands).

I always try one product at one time. If I have a problem I can eliminate it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Ok thanks Autumn. .. .so I don't need silicones to repair. Because I Thought maybe I'd use them for a while but honestly I never use them. and to risk having breakouts?? So maybe just my good old squalane moisturizer, because you're right, they all have plant oils/essential oils, these natural things. Even my vitamin C serum has grapefruit extract which is citric. Since you too, have sensitive skin, any good recs for moisturizers would be greatly appreciated. I have thought about doing some skin fasting as well, meaning applying nothing, but since it is sensitive and not happy, I don't know if this is a good time to do it.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:23 am      Reply with quote
If you have been using that moisturizer for a while and don't see any flags; I am sure it is ok.

The products I use might not be suitable for you.
For example I like CeraVe PM lotion (contains niacinamide. Some people flush. YMMV)

I like La Roche Posay for cleansing especially if I oil cleanse first.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:27 am      Reply with quote
http://www.skinacea.com/products/cleansers.html#.WndB7YhG1PY

This is a blog I like that has suggestions on skin care products including sunscreen and retiods.

There is also a DIY section.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:19 am      Reply with quote
wow that's funny you mention that. I just purchased the Cerave Pm but it does have silicones. I got ala Posay for intolerant skin as well. Thanks for all your help
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |