Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has anyones dermatologist recommended an at home device?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Lorraineg57
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
I asked my derm today and she said that none of the at home devices work for either firming or wrinkles. I also asked about dermarolling at home and got a negative response.

I was thinking of trying the Nuface having returned a Silk'n Titan and not seen much response with a Myotone.
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Mine always say stick with it - LED, Tria laser, etc......
Lorraineg57
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:49 am      Reply with quote
No specific device mentioned as worthwhile?
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
Lorraineg57 wrote:
I asked my derm today and she said that none of the at home devices work for either firming or wrinkles. I also asked about dermarolling at home and got a negative response.

I was thinking of trying the Nuface having returned a Silk'n Titan and not seen much response with a Myotone.

Yes, I got a similar response from my derm on the home devices, that nothing is really strong enough to do much. But her office does Dermapen treatments and she said those would help. interesting that the Dermapen level they recommended was 1-1.5mm, the same as what you can do at home.
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:14 am      Reply with quote
I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but maybe they say that so they can keep getting more business? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Obviously at-home devices aren't going to be the exact same as some of the treatments the derm has access to, but they obviously do *something* or people wouldn't keep buying them and leaving positive reviews.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
Chlorophyll wrote:
I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but maybe they say that so they can keep getting more business? Laughing Laughing :lol

Yep, that was my thought as well, especially after the “in office dermarolling works, but the at home doesn’t work” comment.
Lorraineg57
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:42 am      Reply with quote
I have a 1” dermaroller and stamp from owndoc that i’ve never used. I keep chickening out. Rolling Eyes
lakimba

Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
I've just started using the "Glopro". I hate needles and was hesitant but this system has zero pain. I'm looking forward to seeing any results and am hoping to find others here who use it. Lots to learn... Smile
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Dermarolling and LED device.
Although she claims that our at home devices aren't really strong enough to do any real good.
Dermarolling or a derma stamp she said can help in smaller areas if you are brave enough to go to the depths needed that they do in the office.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Mine hasn't recommended any per se, but he does often when I ask him about specifics ask if there are any studies or evidence that they produce results.
GthGrl13

Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Y9u can do same dermapen treatment at home as they do in office if you choose same needle depth and learn technique - its no different.
My led face mask does noticeably do things for my skin when I'm having an issue. Calms redness/irritation - helps heal acne quicker. I can seriously feel/see improvement some time.
In the anti-aging department, honestly not sure if that's helping since I'm attacking aging with multiple formats
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |