Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Avocado oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi deacon,

I experienced the same problem on the lips, when you put the oil on your lips, after the oil penetrates, whatever dry flakes I had on my lip got harden, BUT THIS ONLY HAPPEN IN THE FIRST FEW DAYS. Exfoliate your lips EVERY nite, your lips will not flake like that. Also, putting wax or butter in makes it STAY on longer too.

Try it on your hands and feet, you'll love it Smile

Hope it helps,
D

Sat May 28, 2005 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
diderot:thanks for ur post.i just purchased avocado oil 2 days ago. now my lip looks so pink Laughing
mabsy:I bought this 100ml bottle in perfect potion store in sydney.they have a store in brisbane.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2005 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the avocado oil tip. I've been using it for about a month with skin eternal HA serum and my lips look really good. I also use it in cooking as it is similar to olive oil but is higher T stable and has a nice taste. I never would have looked at it without this thread.
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2005 1:19 am      Reply with quote
Crying or Very sad Ok I think I must be doing this wrong. Confused Since using avocado oil my lips look less pink. So much so that I've become rather paranoid about it and have asked Carrie to send me the VL lipstain she raves about just so that my lips look normal again. Anyone have any idea why the avocado oil doesn't work for me? Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 8:39 am      Reply with quote
It didn’t work for me either. I wouldn’t go so far as to say that the avocado oil made my lips *less* pink, but it definitely didn’t make them any pinker. I was really bummed, because I so wanted it to work for me like it has for so many of the others. Crying or Very sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 11:41 am      Reply with quote
I think i understand what rzcecka meant by avacado oil making your lips less pink.

My lips are originally quite red... too red for my taste.

and after applying avacado oil it made my lips more pink (since my lips were rather redish in color before and avacado oil made my lips lighter in color)
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Shock aprilha, that's exactly it! My lips are naturally quite red but the avocado oil has made them less red. I suppose you could call the paleness more pink but in my mind its less pink although I suppose I really mean less red Confused Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Izecka wher did you get your Avocado oil? Am wondering if I could pick this up at the supermarket. I too want to smother myself in avacado oil Shock Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
I bought my avocado oil in a local health food store. I'm not sure a regular food store would carry it, but it might be worth a try!
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
I think long term it smooths and plumps slightly for people with rough or chapped lips that makes it look more reddish. If your lips are really red, short term applying it should make them look less red. It is a really thick dark green product. All of the concealers to cover redness are green in color because it masks red. My lips are wide and were nearly always cracked. After using the HA and avocado oil they are smooth and pinker.
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
I think long term it smooths and plumps slightly for people with rough or chapped lips that makes it look more reddish. If your lips are really red, short term applying it should make them look less red. It is a really thick dark green product. All of the concealers to cover redness are green in color because it masks red. My lips are wide and were nearly always cracked. After using the HA and avocado oil they are smooth and pinker.

Shock Thick dark green ?!?!?! Mine is like normal oil !! If my avocado oil didn't come with a label, I won't be able to tell it from other oil, it looks exactly like jojoba oil, oil with a very very light yellow tint to it. I am scratching my head now Think

As I made my own avocado lip balm for my friends and family, I ALWAYS ask them to try it on FACING ME, then after about 1 min, I tell them to go look in the mirror, they were all amazed. Lips really turn pink, different shades of pink of course, depending on your natural tone, but they do turn deeper.

Sounds like I have to try it on someone with natural red lips Wink

D

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:54 am      Reply with quote
mine is like regular oil too!
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:54 am      Reply with quote
Mine is more viscous than normal oil and a golden green color maybe it is less processed. The label says "True to Nature" Organic Avocado Oil, cold pressed and unrefined and Rapunzel on the bottom. It does work for me and I like it for cooking as well although it was somewhat expensive.
maggieym2

Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:10 am      Reply with quote
my perfect potion avocado oil is dark green color oil.It cost $16 AUD for 100ml and works amazing on me.i usually take 1-2drop of oil to rub into my lips and another 2 drops to use as a hand misture oil.
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:20 am      Reply with quote
I ordered mine from 2 diff sites, and they both claim it's the purest and one says "south america cold pressed" on the bottle, wonder if it makes a diff as where the avocado is from ??

Sharky - where did you get yours ? I am curious to get some of those too Smile Thanks !

D

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
I bought mine at a health food store called "Edge of the Woods" which I think is just a local store. You can probably Google the brand anf buy it on line.
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Sharky for the info !! Laughing

I found this, guess it's the next thing I will be ordering, UNREFINED avocado oil. Can't imagine how much better will it work, can't wait Wink

Avocado Oil Persea americana Is very rich and works well to nourish and moisturize dry or mature skin. It contains many nutrients including vitamins A, D and E. As it is a somewhat heavy oil, you may wish to use it mixed 10-20% in a lighter carrier oil especially if it is to be used in a massage oil. Refined Avocado oil is yellow to yellowish-green in color and is lighter than unrefined Avocado oil. Unrefined Avocado contains more of the Avocado fruit, is dark green in color and heavier. As it contains more of the fruit, its beneficial properties are greater than the refined oil. Both have a shelf life of up to one year, longer if it is kept under refrigeration.

D

5% products discount

Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:52 am      Reply with quote
I've seen the unrefined Rapunzel Avocado Oil at Whole Foods.

Crystal
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:42 am      Reply with quote
seabush wrote:
I've seen the unrefined Rapunzel Avocado Oil at Whole Foods.

Crystal

Thanks Crystal, I will check there Very Happy

D

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:24 am      Reply with quote
Just for grins, last night I gave the AO-on-the-lips another try even though I didn't think it had worked to pinken my lips the first time I tried it. I wish I had been paying more attention last evening, because I sort of swiped some oil on my lips then went into the kitchenette (still at the hotel -- don't ask!!) for a couple minutes then walked back into the bathroom and happened to glance in the mirror, and I'll be damned if my lips didn't look a tad pinker and brighter! I'm going to try it again tonight, but this time I'll be paying close attention. If it turns out not to be a figment of my imagination, then I'm going to try and get my hands on some of that unrefined (aka "cold pressed"??) avocado oil and see what that does. I actually almost bought a bottle of the unrefined AO when I was at Whole Foods last week, but the only kind they had was what they termed as "carrier oil" and they wanted $22.99USD for an 8-oz bottle, so I said "no, thank you!" Is that really a reasonable price for unrefined avocado oil? How much did the rest of you guys pay for some? They sell "massage oils" (both EOs and COs) at my local Ulta, so next time I'm there, I'll check to see if they have any unrefined AO for a more reasonable price....

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:28 am      Reply with quote
I melted half a pot of dr H's lip balm with the same amount of avocado oil and it is wonderful. I use it everynight and I can see a difference in my lips.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:00 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Just for grins, last night I gave the AO-on-the-lips another try even though I didn't think it had worked to pinken my lips the first time I tried it. I wish I had been paying more attention last evening, because I sort of swiped some oil on my lips then went into the kitchenette (still at the hotel -- don't ask!!) for a couple minutes then walked back into the bathroom and happened to glance in the mirror, and I'll be damned if my lips didn't look a tad pinker and brighter! I'm going to try it again tonight, but this time I'll be paying close attention. If it turns out not to be a figment of my imagination, then I'm going to try and get my hands on some of that unrefined (aka "cold pressed"??) avocado oil and see what that does. I actually almost bought a bottle of the unrefined AO when I was at Whole Foods last week, but the only kind they had was what they termed as "carrier oil" and they wanted $22.99USD for an 8-oz bottle, so I said "no, thank you!" Is that really a reasonable price for unrefined avocado oil? How much did the rest of you guys pay for some? They sell "massage oils" (both EOs and COs) at my local Ulta, so next time I'm there, I'll check to see if they have any unrefined AO for a more reasonable price....

Carrie,

I bought Roland Avocado Cold Pressed Oil 8.5 fl.oz for $8.99 at our local Stop and Shop.

Winnie
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Just an update. I am still using my AO and am pleased with it. I usually get really cracked lips in the summer (due to sun) and in the winter. My lips are pinker and less cracked. I use the oil 2X per day but am thinking about mixing it with one of my lip balms so I can use it during the day. The unrefined product likely contains more antioxidants.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Just dropped in to say after reading this thread I finally got hold of some of this stuff and it's a lovely addition to my other oils. I find it a really good wrinkle plumper - using it regularly on my eyes overnight. Does nothing for my lips though Neutral
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
I remember watching the Oscars when I was young and the actress Merle Oberon came onstage as a presenter. The audience roared, and the ovation was because even after many many years had passed since her heyday, she was still gorgeous! I don't know how old she was at the time (this was in early '70s I think), but she DID look terrific! BTW, she was tanned too (Molly Wink ). Later, I read about her living in Mexico, etc. and that her beauty secret was avocado oil! Now, we'll never know if she'd had any "work" done by then, but in any case she was radiant!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |