Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Avocado oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
Is the AO the same type that used for cooking? can we get at supermarket?
appyone
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi:
I got my AO at the health food store, it was with the other oils like vitamin e. Hope this helps!
Ap

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Lolli wrote:
Oh, the avocado oil sounds devine!!

I noticed this too about Dr H's products, there is always alchohol in them. hmmm....I can't use too much or my skin protests with zits AND a rash like exzema, could be psoriasis, I dunno. The products I'm using, Cleansing Cream and Day Oil aren't causing me any problems. I would have serious misgivings about using anything with alcohol around my eyes though.

The alcohol is used to actually get the extracts from plants, I don't think it is actually added to the products. It is also, from what I understand, not the harsh alcohol you find in many skincare products but the type that is fermented from grains.

Your skin soundls lime mine in a way. I think I'll try avocado oil since it has worked well for you. I'm glad the Dr. Hauscka cleansing cream has no alcohol, another reason for me to save some moolah and order it. LOL

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
The unrefined one is better according to this thread and easier to find at health food stores though people have used the cooking type which is less thick and green, more golden. I'll have to look for it now at my area wegmans or health food store. I believe I've seen it both places, supermarket and health food stores, but never though about it before. :)Diderot mentioned she got it from here I think. Smile
http://www.aromatherapyoutlet.com/Merchant5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=AO&Category_Code=VOO

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
I loved reading about this oil and really want to buy some now.

I found this link for anyone interested. Looks like the oil is super wonderful for skin as you all mention.
http://www.avocado-oil.co.nz/skincare.html
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
I love avocado oil and I use it all over my body after shower. I mix it with jojoba oil and some of my favorite EOs. My skin is soft and its the best body moisturizer I have ever used!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
There is a very old thread about this with lots of info. I use the unrefined, unfiltered product which is dark in color.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
There is a very old thread about this with lots of info. I use the unrefined, unfiltered product which is dark in color.

Are you sure it isn't this one? It is now over 2 years old! Laughing Very Happy
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Yes TAM (a senior moment) it was probably moved from the Product Review forum. Anyway using avocado oil was one of the first things I learned here and I am still using it. I do cook with it also. The unrifined ones made my lips pinkish the refined product is clearer and didn't work as well.
lesleyjane
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Yesterday I bought Olivado cold pressed extra virgin avocado oil www.olivado.com/avocado_oil_new_zealand.htm from my local health food store and made a mask of half a teaspoon of Manuka honey (16+) and a few drops of the avocado oil. I left it on for 30 minutes. I could not believe how wonderful my skin felt afterwards. I also rubbed some avocado oil on my legs and it soaked in without being greasy at all.

As some people have mentioned, it's important to buy the "unrefined" oil which is cold pressed and extra virgin. It may seem expensive but you get a lot of oil for your money. You can also use the oil in salad dressings or in cooking if you want. Stored in the fridge, it keeps well and can be used whenever you need it.
Mardy Bum
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the cold pressed advacado oil on my lips for 2 weeks now (from the cooking section of the supermarket) with lovely results, but purchased some essential oil and it is alot thinner and I find that it does not work as well as the one from the supermarket, I keep going back to the cold pressed one.
florli
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
It is so hard to get the EO's....I've been looking for jojoba oil but can't find it anyways in Toronto...do I need to go to some specialty stores? I've been to all local drugstores...
Kyrya
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
I got some avocado oil and put a little on my lips and noticed only a slight pinkish tinge, which is better that nothing!

Just wondering what else I can use it for? cause I have a big bottle of it now Smile
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
Kyrya wrote:
I got some avocado oil and put a little on my lips and noticed only a slight pinkish tinge, which is better that nothing!

Just wondering what else I can use it for? cause I have a big bottle of it now Smile

kyrya, that is the story of my life. I buy big bottles of oils and DIY I never finish. Bad Grin

One good thing about Avocado oil is you can use it in cooking.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Mardy Bum
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
I have a large bottle in my bathroom and use it a couple of times a week to remove make-up it does a good job but try not to get it in your eyes as they do go blurry for a while.
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:45 am      Reply with quote
sounds great! will definitely try!!
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using avocado oil as a carrier oil for years, and it is great. It absorbs quickly and easily, and does not leave a heavy oily residue Very Happy
It also has a very light scent, so it works well with essential oils. You really can't go wrong with this one!
lilbou4
5% products discount

Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi, is the AO still working for everyone? Especially for sunken eyes??
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there, I am new here too I love the AO great for eyes and pretty much allover face, hair, body. I have been into DIY skin care for a really long time. So glad to have found this site.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
I love AO for skin! It's fantastic Smile But haven't seen any results for sunken eyes (though facial exercises helped my dark circles under my eyes). HTH Smile

5% products discount

Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:11 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered a bottle online! And will be start using it as soon as I get it!! Can't wait to see some results! I notice my eyes are getting more sunken in as I get older! I miss the fats around the eyes! They are what make the eyes appear youthful!
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:36 am      Reply with quote
lilbou4 wrote:
I miss the fats around the eyes! They are what make the eyes appear youthful!

I highly recommend doing facial exercises then...exercising the eye muscles will restore the muscle and fat there...I even noticed a big difference from just massaging my eye area for 3 minutes a day. HTH Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:23 am      Reply with quote
I should have posted this link here instead of on another thread that I did yesterday.

http://www.smartskincare.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4962&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15
lilbou4
5% products discount

Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:33 am      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
lilbou4 wrote:
I miss the fats around the eyes! They are what make the eyes appear youthful!

I highly recommend doing facial exercises then...exercising the eye muscles will restore the muscle and fat there...I even noticed a big difference from just massaging my eye area for 3 minutes a day. HTH Smile

How do you massage your eye area???
lilbou4
5% products discount

Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:35 am      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
I should have posted this link here instead of on another thread that I did yesterday.

http://www.smartskincare.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4962&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

In the beginning of the thread, it says it's not good to use any kinds of acids, including the ascorbic acid, which is vitamin c.... why?? I have been using vitamin c religiously for my skin and I am pretty happy with the result!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |