Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
JOEY New York products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Mayerling

Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:57 am      Reply with quote
Hello, has anyone tried the Joey New York products? I bought Line Up and wondered how others experienced it.
Also I have just ordered Joey's Face lift product for sagging jowls..oh the joys of growing older!
Please share!
rosewater
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:29 am      Reply with quote
I have only tried some of the body care products. I was given the travel kit for christmas. It has Coconut Oil body moisturiser, the Seaweed body wash, the chocolate body shimmer and the Pineapple hand and foot cream. They all smell devine and the moisturisers are quite moistuising. When I use the coconut and pineapple moisturisers it makes me feel like I'm on the beach. The seaweed body wash has a nice fresh scent. I haven't used the chocolate body shimmer very much yet.
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:54 am      Reply with quote
I used their Rest-A-Line a couple of years ago, when it first came out. It was OK, but the concentration of hyaluronic acid was so low that I think the softening effect was more from the silicone base it was in just coating my skin. I took it back to Sephora and got a refund. Since then I've been using a serum of pure hyaluronic acid, or the Relax-A-Line from CellularskinRx, which I love.
-Darren
Mabsy

Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried any of the JNY skincare but I've got a few of the makeup items and they're quite good. I particularly like the mascara (the double-ended one with a primer).
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:59 am      Reply with quote
I bought a Joey NY lipstick that was supposed to make your teeth look whiter (this was before I discovered those Go Smile eardrops!!)...let’s just say I wasn’t impressed enough with the lipstick to venture out and try anything else from this brand!!
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:23 am      Reply with quote
Hey Mabsy you will have to do some reviews of JNY make-up for us Very Happy
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:19 am      Reply with quote
The only Joey product I have tried is the "Correct-A-Line for Face" which did nothing at all. It was recommended to me by a 'skincare professional' at one of the local bath and body shops. Interestingly, when I returned to this shop a month later, a different 'skincare professional' told me to return the Correct-A-Line and get something else - that she never would have recommended this product in the first place. That's why I will never purchase any more skincare/makeup products without checking EDS or MUA first.
Mabsy

Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:30 am      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
Hey Mabsy you will have to do some reviews of JNY make-up for us Very Happy

I did a review of the pencil lipstick thingy which was quite good (lipstick on one end, lip gloss on another - all in a chunky pencil). I also have a a Smudgie in Apres Spa that I use when I'm too lazy to use anything else and the mascara. Shall do some reviews this week Wink
NJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Joey New York Quick Blackhead Dissolveer and Pore Minimier Gel. It is the best blackhead remover gel I've tried. It has a very strong smell when you first apply the product. I use it on my nose and I was amazed with all the dead skin I was able to roll off. The end result is a clean nose without the pain from dryness and pore strips. Good product and worth a try.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:59 am      Reply with quote
I've had a negative experience with the blackhead remover gel. It stank of alcohol and did not remove any blackheads. I had to keep on rolling and rolling and the only thing that rolled off was the gel itself.
It was expensive too. Cant remember the actual price as I've used it about a year ago, but for a tiny bottle, it sure isnt worth it!
Because of that and after reading more reviews on Joey NY, I havent repurchased any of its other products.

YY

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
I've read bad reviews on the JNY blackhead remover gel too, but EDS has another JNY quick blackhead dissolver gel, which I purchased a month ago. I'm not sure what the differences are between the two products, but from the reviews I've read on the JNY blackhead remover gel on makeupalley website, it seems that the previous gel was much more difficult to remove compared to the one I'm using now. I do agree it is expensive though.

5% products discount

Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the Joey Pure Pores(with 0.5% salicylic acid as the ai) and found the texture and scent off-putting and the product ineffective. I bought it at TJ Maxx / Marshall's or some other discounter that had tons of JNY products. I suppose I should assume that if the products were that good, they wouldn't have been abundant at the closeout store. I also bought the Bliss Super Cell Recharging Serum and it was a dud too.
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
I tried Joey New York Hide and Heal, its very thick.. hard to apply.. I think it didnt really help healing my pimples, but it also didnt make my pimples get worse.. Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
The only Joey NY I tried is the 'Instant Chemistry Take the Plunge' It feels very nice on. It makes your skin so soft and smooth. I also like the shimmering effect. I don't know if in the long run it will clog pores, though, since I've only used it for a week.
cindy67
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
I bought several of JNY products at the beginning of this year. Didn't do a thing for me. Crying or Very sad The texture and smell were very nice - that's all.

5% products discount

Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:11 am      Reply with quote
Joey New York is on sale everywhere now and I was going to give some of their products a try but with the comments from this thread may be I should give it a second thought...

Thanks all!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:45 am      Reply with quote
I got the eye lift gel as a free gift from here and was totally underwhelmed by it.
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have the joey egg cream face lift product. It is good, however it has a strong perfumed scent. It bothers me.
Jax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
The JNY Line Up is pretty amazing for me. It's temporary, but if you want to look smoothed out for whatever reason, it works. Took away those little crinkles under my eyes in seconds.
lilyofthevalley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
I am very interested in its Collagen Boosting Lipstick and want to try. Could anybody who has used it give me some ideas? Thanks.
elee123
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:29 am      Reply with quote
The eye makeup remover was really good. My mascara came off easily and it's not oily more of a water base.
avogrape
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried Pure Pores Hide and Heal - Light. It was really hard to blend in and it doesn't do much of a healing.
tinali0202
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:41 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
I got the eye lift gel as a free gift from here and was totally underwhelmed by it.

oh that;s very good offer ,when did u get it . i have never get the free gift.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |