Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Anyone tried Happy face yoga?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
KTkat999
5% products discount

Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hey everyone

Has anyone tried this facial exercise programme?
https://www.happyfaceyoga.com

It caught my attention as it as it has a scientific study backing it up
https://news.northwestern.edu/stories/2018/january/facial-exercises-help-middle-aged-women-appear-more-youthful/

I've been planning to start Carolyn's facial fitness as that seems to be quite a safe programme with no 'uglies' or bad results reported... But I also like the idea of a programme backed by a scientific study, so am just wondering if anyone knows how they compare?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:12 am      Reply with quote
I own both programs, so think I can share my opinion of both. Gary is great, and Happy Face Yoga is a good program as is Carolyn's. Gary's program is a modified version of Rose Han Trans yoga facial toning (and Gary seems to have trained under her and is listed as a trainer - here is the website: http://www.yogafacialtoning.com/YFTinstructors.html).

I for one, applaud Gary for paying for the study. Now some will argue that as its something hes invested in - it will be somewhat biased, but I disagree. I have heard countless people claim their program works and produces results yet they never get it validated scientifically. Gary is the only one I know who has actually taken steps and done this and for that he deserves credit where its due. Its more than any other program so far has done. Period.

Now his kit has a dvd and cards that I really like. Carolyn's also has a dvd, cd and cards too. Plus she does offer dedicated support which can be useful at the start of the learning process, and I don't think Gary offers that yet.

Now there was a youngster who had some bad results with Carolyn's program. It was discussed on EDS some time ago and I'd encourage you to search it out. I'm not sure whether the poster is still here on EDS or not, but there are no programs out there which can promise no adverse results ever. However that is the only bad report I've ever read - which is saying something. I'm not sure I've ever seen anything bad written about Gary's program in comparison. Just sharing my own experience here - there may be bad reports but I've not seen them yet.
KTkat999
5% products discount

Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:18 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for getting back to me - that's really helpful. I guess I'll get Gary's programme and give it a try. He said that it's a programme that uses resistance... Does that mean it's more aggressive like flex effect?

Thanks so much again
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
Well to be honest, any program that uses resistance appears aggressive, so in some respects, yes it will look it - but any resistance based program delivers results. So my take is that if it úses resistance, it will deliver results. Depends where you are starting from and what your issues are really at the end of the day. Personally I don't think anyone under 40 needs resistance based programs and both Carolyn's and Gary's use resistance. That's just my personal opimion though - and I must admit I am not qualified or experienced in teaching programs so that's just my take.
KTkat999 wrote:
Thanks so much for getting back to me - that's really helpful. I guess I'll get Gary's programme and give it a try. He said that it's a programme that uses resistance... Does that mean it's more aggressive like flex effect?

Thanks so much again
Mindrasect
5% products discount

Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have done face practices for around 4 years and I've had great accomplishment with them. I do Tom's sometimes yet I likewise do Carolyn's Facial Fitness. I am extremely satisfied with the tone and immovability in my face muscles and nonattendance of lines.Tom's scalp practice specifically has kept flat lines from shaping on my brow. Truth be told, the achievement I've had with that is good to the point that notwithstanding when I purposely raise my eyebrows, I don't wrinkle much.I've figured out how to stay with what is functioning and not experiment with everything in light of the fact that it looks great.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:26 am      Reply with quote
Great re your results. Tell me, do you consider Carolyns and Toms to be resistance based programs? I'm of the opinion that Carolyn's definitely is, but I'm not sure if Tom's program is "resistance based"? Just curious as to your take on it and that label? I tried his scalp exercise and never ever got it, and when I sort his help - he was quite abrupt and told me that a lot of women are unable to get that muscle working and to not bother trying any further. I have also come across some recent studies indicating that some facial muscles can be missing and that the occiptalis has been identified as one of them.
Mindrasect wrote:
I have done face practices for around 4 years and I've had great accomplishment with them. I do Tom's sometimes yet I likewise do Carolyn's Facial Fitness. I am extremely satisfied with the tone and immovability in my face muscles and nonattendance of lines.Tom's scalp practice specifically has kept flat lines from shaping on my brow. Truth be told, the achievement I've had with that is good to the point that notwithstanding when I purposely raise my eyebrows, I don't wrinkle much.I've figured out how to stay with what is functioning and not experiment with everything in light of the fact that it looks great.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |