Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Have you had work done?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:59 am      Reply with quote
I've been threatening to have an upper bleph (eye lid surgery) for several years now. I think this is the year, though. Trying so save, even though they take credit cards. Laughing
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:55 am      Reply with quote
I haven't had any work done, but was thinking seriously about an under-eye job (to tighten up the under eye area) which will make me look less tired and therefore hopefully younger.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Funny you should mention this subject....

I always used to say that I wouldn't undergo any cosmetic surgery, but I have been watching a lot of the cosmetic surgery programmes that they show lately. As a result I have changed my mind!!

I am writing a list of what I would eventually like to have!!

I would like to try Botox and Restylane injections to begin with (no knives at first!!), then I would consider having some excess skin taken off the eyelids.

In an ideal world I would like my boobs done as I am a very small A cup - but I keep thinking that if I start that I will have to keep having implants even when I collect my pension!!

T x
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:44 am      Reply with quote
I've been wanting to have a bleph too for the excess skin. Does anyone know the average rate for having this done?

-Cheri
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Cheeks wrote:
Funny you should mention this subject....

I would like to try Botox and Restylane injections to begin with (no knives at first!!),

T x

My sister had perlane injections to fill out the nose to mouth lines (perlane is like restylane - but it is thicker and used for shaping purposes)...I couldn't believe the difference! She looks *so* well rested....*far* more youthful...she had it done at the medical spa in my neighbourhood (Synergy Spa). Itcost her $400 Canadian, and is supposed to last about 4 months....2 months later she looks as refreshed as she did the first day she had it done.....I'm interested in squashing my number 11 lines Mad I'd like to try botox but I'm nervous that something terrible will happen...I'm sure I'll give in eventually..
Pudoodles
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:39 am      Reply with quote
....and while I haven't had anything done to my face, I did have breast implants installed ( Laughing ) 12 years ago.....I will be having them redone in the next year or so *for sure* - I bloody-well hate them - they are like coconuts with nipples! My husband is a good sport about it but I'm telling you - they are feel almost as hard as coconuts (no kidding!)..I should go in and get the scar tissue broken - but I'm just going to get them replaced instead...they are the "silicone core with water surrounding it" type - I want pure saline put in...I lost a great deal of weight way back...and as a result, was left with two bag-like triangular shaped sacks for breasts...I couldn't handle it so I took the plunge! I don't regret doing it, but am lucky that I have a sense of humour! For those of you considering it, remember this: that while the implants do stay put - your skin doesn't follow suit.....the nipples start to head north along with the slackening skin....believe me, eventually, if I don't get the skin lifted - I'm going to look like I don't have nipples (gales of laughter!!) -I will appear as though I have absolutely perfect nipple-less mounds!! they'll be pointing at the floor! (nice and sexy, eh?!) Also...if you put an implant in, and you don't have much fat sitting between the implant and the nipple...you'd better make sure you really bundle up if you are going out into the cold!Are you ready to laugh?! I have to put those circular cotton pads on my nipples underneath my bra during cold weather or else my nipples get so cold they feel like they're burning (no exaggeration!)...and then there's the worry of having them leak! Embarassed (sigh...) oh well..Having said all that, I don't regret getting it done - but I will, for sure, be getting the saline implants put in!
Pudoodles Very Happy
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Funny you should ask - I have just this past week selected two PS's in Boston for a consultation. With all the problems people have experienced with Thermage, they finally developed a new, smaller tip that is supposed to eleviate dimpling. I want to see if it will help tighten my neck,under eye area and laugh lines by my mouth. Hope I can in to see them soon. It's my 50th birthday present to myself.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:37 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles loved your little column about the breast implants - i don't think i would have work done though - not with our health service Anxious
Hey there's only one foriegn body I'll allow in Shock
Cheeks
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles, I did laugh reading your post re the breast implants!!

I didn't think about the natural process about the skin aging and going south whilst the implant stays put!!!

If I had it done, I would probably want the saline versions anyway. Do you know if they feel completely different to the silicone?

Also re the perlane - this has made me even more interested in having my forehead and frown lines done!!

T x
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my God, Cheeks - it is *so* true! It all looks fantastic till my bra comes off! Shock It's not hideous or anything...but you would say, "Hey...wait a minute...." Embarassed
Pudoodles
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
You guys are crackin me up!!!! I have had implants for around 6 years. It's true about the nipples heading south. I had two pregnancies with mine and with each one they pointed down a little lower. I have a hard time shaving my armpits because they seem to shoot out from under there!! Even still, I don't regret having mine done either. At least I fill out my sports bra:-) BTW, I have saline and I hate the rippling.....I thought silicone would be better??? NO?? Shoot.
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
Sistahs! Laughing

Pudoodles, you paint a pretty picture! Laughing

I watch every PS show I see! Seen Dr. 90210? Lately they've been showing a female surgeon and she does such gorgeous implants! Well, so does he for that matter. The cleavage factor is impeccable, IMO.

I think I'd be too chicken to get those--but I will have the upper blepharoplasty and then I want a neck lift--I have that extra skin thing going on Rolling Eyes I think I'd be good for a few years after that Laughing

If you're interested, just Google *upper bleph*, or whatever procedure you're interested in and choose *Google Images* A zillion pages will come up with befores and afters. It really passes the time on rainy days Wink I've even printed out a few B&A's that I think are well done to show my surgeon.

Yes, I know, I'm obsessed. Embarassed

Great thread! Thanks for being so forthcoming Neutral

I think an upper blepharoplasty is around $2000 US. Lower blepharoplasty should be the same. Research is our friend.
Cheeks
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
This has really made my day - every time I see a celebrity now with *perfect* boobs I will always console myself with the fact that when the bras off - it's all a goin downhill Laughing Laughing

T x
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
ajax wrote:
You guys are crackin me up!!!! I have had implants for around 6 years. It's true about the nipples heading south. I had two pregnancies with mine and with each one they pointed down a little lower. I have a hard time shaving my armpits because they seem to shoot out from under there!! Even still, I don't regret having mine done either. At least I fill out my sports bra:-) BTW, I have saline and I hate the rippling.....I thought silicone would be better??? NO?? Shoot.

Hi Ajax! Rippling? Shock What does that look like? Does it look like what it sounds like? Shock ...whatever the case, at least they aren't as hard as coconuts! I get nervous if I have to hug people since my breasts don't "give"...it's not that they are huge or anything - they aren't ------------ or anything - they are just really hard! I have a girlfriend who has saline implants...hers are extraordinarily large though - and if she shakes them you can hear a "swishing" sound!! No kidding!! Isn't that hilarious! That's a heck of alot of saline! I find that there is a breast implant "sisterhood" of sorts - those of us who have them are not shy to compare and share stories! It's a funny thing!
Pudoodles Very Happy
doinita
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
red77 wrote:
Sistahs! Laughing

Pudoodles, you paint a pretty picture! Laughing

I watch every PS show I see! Seen Dr. 90210? Lately they've been showing a female surgeon and she does such gorgeous implants! Well, so does he for that matter. The cleavage factor is impeccable, IMO.

I think I'd be too chicken to get those--but I will have the upper blepharoplasty and then I want a neck lift--I have that extra skin thing going on Rolling Eyes I think I'd be good for a few years after that Laughing

If you're interested, just Google *upper bleph*, or whatever procedure you're interested in and choose *Google Images* A zillion pages will come up with befores and afters. It really passes the time on rainy days Wink I've even printed out a few B&A's that I think are well done to show my surgeon.

Yes, I know, I'm obsessed. Embarassed

Great thread! Thanks for being so forthcoming Neutral

I think an upper blepharoplasty is around $2000 US. Lower blepharoplasty should be the same. Research is our friend.

Hi Red77!! Very Happy I wasn't scared to get them done..I was so emotionally desperate - I just couldn't bear it - I wasn't going to do it no matter what. I haven't seen the shows you've mentioned - do they air in Canada?
Re: the procedures - How expensive is the neck lift? I imagine that that procedure would be pretty pricey....It's quite something to go under the knife for cosmetic purposes...it truly does change your life -- sometimes it changes your life by changing nothing at all - do you know what I mean? I know a few people who thought it would make them happy...only to be as generally dissatisfied and unhappy as they were before undergoing surgery....My breasts are a funny thing for me, mentally and emotionally...I don't feel as much ownership of them as I did prior to surgery - it's a very hard feeling to describe....my unabashedness is not due to "thinking that they are all that and a bag of nuts" rather, I feel slightly disconnected from them. I think it's because I am intensely aware of the fact that they are "false" - and, as such, don't tend to feel like they are a real part of me. If someone was curious and asked to see them or feel them - It wouldn't bother me at all. How odd is that? I guess it is a bit sad, really...well, not really - but you know what I mean! Oh, and by the way - I don't think you sound obsessed at all - I think it is great that you are clipping pics for your surgeon - the more info and guidance the better - and I agree - research is indeed our friend!!
Pudoodles (*)(*)
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
I want a boob lift and a tummy tuck. I'm saggy from when I was fat.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
OK I was not going to share this but Pudoodles you have made me laugh and I'm going to admit I have had a little work done, how shall I put this, when I was younger I had a bit off difficulty in using tampons (God this is better than Dallas this forum!!!) so I went to the gynocologist all confused and she took took a look and said "good lord I wouldn't even be able to fit a pencil up there!" I had an extremely tight hymen, I am sure you have seen those designer vaginer documentaries yes at 16 and 1/2 I had a whole cut and rearange down there. My boyfriend can't believe he has a girlfriend with a designer vaginer. One thing for sure is I ain't never having kids and ruining the art work!!! Very Happy
Pudoodles I love your breast posts Rolling Eyes
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
A designer vagina?! I've never heard it described that way - what an absolutely hilarious nickname!! It's amazing what they can do, isn't it?! It's actually really wonderful that you were able to have this done! Right on, Rosebud!!
Pudoodles Very Happy
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
In answer to Pudoodles~(haven't figured out how you guys quote a post yet)~yes there is a somewhat sisterhood! Do you have capsular contracture? I hear that can be painful. I think as you said, keeping a sense of humor is important. As far as the rippling,well, it's as if you can see the pucker of the implant. Especially around the sides(you can even feel the edge of the implant....lovely)and at the top when I bend over. I have very thin skin and not much breast tissue so I was aware that would happen. Still, it's kind of a downer. It would be nice if they looked more natural.
Funny about your friend....I can't hear mine slosh, but sometimes they feel like that!!
Are yours overs or unders? Just curious. Mine are under the muscle. I teach fitness classes and when I flex my arms or upper body they sort of morph into this weird shape! It really is comical!!
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
That designer vagina this is...weird! I have never heard of that. I am slightly confused...you said you had a tight hymen...but they actually altered your vagina? Or just your hymen? Isn't the hymen temporary? Sorry, I am a little lost!!!
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:10 am      Reply with quote
Yes the hymen is only temperary - I also had to have work done on my pelvic floor muscle which was lower than it should have been Shock
I used to be really quite embarrased until I saw some doccumentary about hollywood women spending a small fortune having vaginal reconstruction - I thought nice one that's me Laughing
Not at the time I had to get my mum to lie why I was having time off school, even when I went back I was walking like a cowboy - I tell you that opperation was better than a chastity belt - I was petrified of sex, especially when I got a mirror down there after the opp - I was all red and swolen I thought my life was over - but then when it healed weyhey mirror came out again and I thought yes this vagina looks prety cute Wink
Do you think if you could have forseen how your breasts would have been you would still have had them done? I have really been blessed in the breast department, my mum would call me big bertha!!!!
did you have any children after you had your breasts done? I wonder what it's like for breastfeeding???? Think
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Laughing True Confessions at the Skin Care Forum--Film at 11 Very Happy

Not sure what shows air there. I live in the Great Pacific Northwest, USA. Can you Google for some info?

If I had more $$, I might have a boob job (.)(.) Wink

Well, they don't call her Rosebud for nothin' Laughing
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Ahhh Rosebud, you really made me laugh with the term "designer vagina." I think you should contact Eve Ensler and make her add a sequel to her Vagina Monologues Laughing

New York Magazine always has a section in back where the cosmetic surgeons you see referred to in the fashion rags advertise. There is always a big ad from some doc who does hymen restoration and who also "remodels" labias.... rofllllllllll. Born again virgins !!!!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |