Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Protect & Restore High Retinol and Oil of Lavender - Large (113.4 g / 4 oz) Payot Supreme Jeunesse Nuit (Night) (50 ml / 1.6 floz) BDB The Jet Setter (3 items)
Chin-rash help
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hey guys-

Have been using a homemade Dr.H cleansing cream for about 5 days, and as Winnie posted on another thread, I have had a strange breakout- about half a dozen clogged pores to the side of my chin, with nothing at the surface, they are just skin-bumps.
I have had some problems with chin area since having a stress-induced dermatitis rash there last year Confused
Any suggestions for getting rid of what I have there now and for clearing up the area in general? The skin looks 'tight' (don't know how else to put it), reddens easily and is generally congested. Am so disappointed as it was ok before (not perfect, but not this crap).

Many thanks for any help anyone can offer Very Happy -

maddy
SusanC
5% products discount

Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:29 am      Reply with quote
OK, I'm not being personal.......but have you done any serious smooching recently Wink

If yes has the smoochee changed his skin care/aftershave recently. I only ask because I came out in a very similar rash a few years ago and my DH was the cause. Then he switched to Decleor and I've had no problems since Wink Wink
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
No no- don't think so mush more than usual Embarassed

just can't get skin to go back to its original smoothness. is all bumpy and taut- if I smile I can notice the skin ppulling tight (from close up- don't think anyone else could see). Thinking to use real Dr.H CC again, and maybe this will clear it all up. Maybe also vit c serum, but I don't want to hurt the skin if it isn't feeling its best.

Thanks tho Susan- what did you do about your rash, or did you just get Mr.susan to change?

maddy
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
I tried homemade Dr H CC at weekend no good - it was too oily I had to wash with real CC maybe I didn't do it right Think I used the grapeseed oil with ground almonds and some rose esential oil.
If I had not of re-washed, I know I would have had a breakout.
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
yes pretty disappointed with the homemade cc, I actually loved it when I put it on and afterwards skin felt fine, so am wishing that it was something else but I can think of nothing. It has just aggravated skin tho.

Maybe could try using almond mixed with almond oil- as this is what is in the real Dr.H?
SusanC
5% products discount

Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
maddy wrote:
isn't feeling its best.

Thanks tho Susan- what did you do about your rash, or did you just get Mr.susan to change?

maddy

He switched to Decleor skin products which really made a difference to both our skin Smile

Plus I order his stuff from EDS, which acts as a smoke screen for my spending - after all I feel it's my duty to get our spending to the point where we get free international shipping Laughing
schatze
5% products discount

Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have also just started using the Dr. H CC and I have had a breakout of blemish bumps also along the jawline. It isn't what I would call a rash and does seem to be going away. I don't use the product every day. Odd that it would happen in the same spot for us, though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Yes. I read that someone else broke out along the jawline using it at first- also similar place.
I think my homemade version with olive oil (maybe too heavy) made the previous rash flare up. I was using a prescription gel on it for acne sufferers (altho not acne but dermatitis). Does anyone think Juvenil might help it now>

Thanks for all the replies guys! Very Happy
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know, Maddy, your description (the dry bumpiness that kind of pulls taut..)it sounds like the dermatitis that I suffer from every so often...when life starts to spin out of control..does it itch or anything?
Pudoodles
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
pudoodles-
the doctor told me it was dermatitis (have never had it before) and presscribed both antibiotics and the acne gel I have mentioned before. i have never had dermatitis before but apprently was stress-related (from work but have quit now!!) like you said yours was, i think. It has generally cleared up but not really- maybe 50%? The antibiotics etc were in november so has been awhile.
What do you use on stress-dermatitis Pudoodles? It is not looking very good today.

Thanks for everyone's help!!

maddy
System
Automatic Message
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Bioelements Calmitude Hydrating Solution (118 ml / 4 floz) Phyto-C Phyto Gel (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sothys Pore Refiner System Matifying Refiner Solution (30 ml / 1 oz)