Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Best place for Americans to get La-Roche P. Anthelios W Gel?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SugarFreeSheila
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm on the lookout for an honest retailer who sells La Roche-Posay. I'm only interested in the Anthelios W SPF 40 Gel, and I'd rather not purchase it off eBay.

So many websites may have semi-appropriate pricing for this line, but laughable shipping rates ($25 for one 100mL bottle for standard international shipping), or a retailer will mark up the price of the La Roche-Posay sunscreens up to 400% and then kill you with the shipping, too. No, they won't be getting my business.

That said, does anybody know of an HONEST online retailer where I can purchase 100mL bottles of Anthelios W SPF 40 Gel?
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
skin-etc.com sells LRP...but I'm not sure if they have that one...check them out
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm, I have been buying my LRP Anthelios from ebay with no problem. They have the best price and reasonable shipping. Good luck in finding your product.
SugarFreeSheila
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
On eBay, there is one seller who sells the 40 gel I'm looking for, but she doesn't answer e-mails about whether she combines shipping, so I can only assume she doesn't. (I'm not going to pay $20, $30, $40, $50 for standard shipping for items that don't even weigh a pound altogether.) I have purchased this sunscreen from this seller once before, but on top of everything else, she doesn't leave feedback or reply to any of my e-mails, so that's a little offputting.

Lianne, thanks for the link!

P.S. Edited to add: This website does sell La Roche-Posay, but none of its sunscreens. Here is a direct link: http://skin-etc.com/larocheposay.html

If anyone knows of a website with honest prices AND honest shipping rates that sells the La Roche-Posay Anthelios 40 Gel, please let me know.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
sorry sheila. I wasn't sure exactly what the product you were asking about was.

Maybe email skin-etc and ask for it...sometimes companies will order stuff on your behalf.
misskoslow
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
My mom is a Dermatologist (Dr. Cheryl L. Effron) in Orange County, CA and sells LRP products. She sells Anthelios 60, but I'm not sure about the 40 Gel. I'll ask her and she if she has it/ or is getting it in.
SugarFreeSheila
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Misskoslow, that is lovely - thank you! I can be reached directly at sheila@sugarfreesheila.com.

Here is a photo of the specific La Roche-Posay sunscreen I am looking for ... hope this will help! Smile

kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
SugarFreeSheila,
I am just curious why are you looking for that specific sunscreen?
SugarFreeSheila
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
It's the only La Roche-Posay sunscreen that doesn't make my face look like an oil slick - out of the four LRP ones I've tried. It absorbs completely in minutes (rather than not at all), there is NO white cast, and obviously the ingredients are phenomenal. Love it!
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
maybe i can send it to you?

it's about like 16 bucks canadian here....i've seen it listed for like 35 bucks USD it's ridicilious!

even more weird, it's my CHEAP sunscreen the one I use when I dont wanna waste my good one
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
edenfield,

where in canada do you get it? I've never seen it in stores!?
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
You can get it at zitomer.com (in Manhatten) for $40US and $8 for UPS Ground shipping. Last time I ordered from them they sent me 22 Kiehl's samples! I get fast shipping too. I usually buy the LRP Fluide Extreme but I'll be using the gel for the summer.

I know it's pricy but that's what people in the US have to pay for suncreens with mexoryl. Mexoryl is illegal in the US so I guess that's why we have to pay big $$$ for it. Dang FDA!

HTH's!

-Cheri
Devi

Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
I've been lurking here for a bit and soaking up some great information and ideas. I joined today because for once I actually have something to contribute.

To my knowledge, the Anthelios "L" version is from Canada and is not the same as the Anthelios "XL" which is from France.
There is a price difference because they aren't the same products.
They have different formulas with the French version having both Mexoryl XL and Mexoryl SX, blocking both UVA and UVB light. The L only has the Mexoryl SX plus different filters to block UVB rays.

You can find the Anthelios 40 W gel at the link below for $31.99. The shipping is $5.95 USD.
http://www.la-rocheposay.net/sun_protection_anthelios.htm
misskoslow
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:00 am      Reply with quote
This is true because French SPF regulations are much higher than ours in North America!
Sheila,
I talked to my mother this evening and she informed me that she currently does not carry it. I asked her why and she said that she's tried: I guess that the derms that sell La Roche Posay get their product from Canada because of regulation differences in France. Furthermore, she is currently having difficulty getting that particular sunscreen because the FDA currently changed their regulation on SPF and its put a stop hold on her getting it. If Devi's recommended site is a La Roche Posay Site (looks like a strange site but I guess it is) I guess I'd get it from there. I'll keep you updated if she ever gets it.
Sorry I couldn't have been more of a help:)
Jessica

Devi wrote:
I've been lurking here for a bit and soaking up some great information and ideas. I joined today because for once I actually have something to contribute.

To my knowledge, the Anthelios "L" version is from Canada and is not the same as the Anthelios "XL" which is from France.
There is a price difference because they aren't the same products.
They have different formulas with the French version having both Mexoryl XL and Mexoryl SX, blocking both UVA and UVB light. The L only has the Mexoryl SX plus different filters to block UVB rays.

You can find the Anthelios 40 W gel at the link below for $31.99. The shipping is $5.95 USD.
http://www.la-rocheposay.net/sun_protection_anthelios.htm
water nymph
5% products discount

Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:13 am      Reply with quote
You can get la roche posey here in holland cheap as well.I bought my mother in law a skincare set last week.
SugarFreeSheila
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:51 am      Reply with quote
WaterNymph, quit bragging! lol Razz Gosh, I cannot wait until the FDA approves Mexoryl. I also use L'Oreal's Ombrelle Extreme Lotion SPF 30, which also contains this active chemical ingredient and I consider it to be on par with La Roche-Posay, but it is just way too greasy for me. I only wear it when I run to the gym 3 mornings a week and I don't care if I look shiny. lol

Misskoslow, bless your heart for trying to help me out so much. Please also tell your mother thank you.

Edenfield, $16 Canadian is about $13-$14 U.S. Okay, that is the kind of honest pricing I'm talking about. lol
Gaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Please educate me. Why do we want mexoryl in our sunscreens?
Thanks!
Kk1668
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:18 am      Reply with quote
[quote="water nymph"]You can get la roche posey here in holland cheap as well.I bought my mother in law a skincare set last week.[/quote]

Hey, water nymph, could you tell me where you get LRP in Holland and how much is the Anthelios 40? I used to live in Amsterdam and the apotheeks don't have LRP, I bought my chapstick in Belgium. My hubby will be there in May, I will ask him to get me some. Thanks.

KK
SugarFreeSheila
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Gaby, here are a few links:

http://www.lorealusa.com/research/mexoryl.aspx

http://www.loreal.com/_en/_ww/loreal-skin-science/soleil/capital.as
Gaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Sheila! I checked out the sites.
SugarFreeSheila
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
I checked out Zitomer.com. What price-gouging, charging over double LRP's sunscreen's retail. Just know that you can get La Roche-Posay for under $25 elsewhere on the Internet from reputable sellers - you just have to know where to look.

P.S: Sorry for the revival of a dead thread; I'm just going through the old ones for information on sunscreen ingredients! Razz
eSquire415
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
Feelbest.com is cheaper, except that shipping to US is more.

You can also buy it here:

http://www.perfume.net/item.htm?id=246
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0009VT9WU/sr=1-1/qid=1122761057/ref=sr_1_1/102-4378178-4296159?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=3760931&s=hpc&v=glance
http://www.newtimrx.com/anthelios.html
http://store.yahoo.com/beautynet1/vichysuncare.html
http://www.granvillewellness.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=1206
http://www.medisave.ca//DrugMoreInfo2694.aspx
http://www.buylowdrugs.com/anthelios.php

Tell me which site do you think sells the cheapest Anthelios. Some has free shipping.
SugarFreeSheila
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
That is very generous of you offering these La Roche-Posay sources. You have some good ones; however, the first few are a little steep for me! I did notice that the Amazon price for the XL Fluide Extreme 60 just now went up. I ordered a bottle from there just in the past week or two, and it was $29.99.

If my independent Canadian seller isn't available, I often order my Anthélios "S" 30 from GranvilleWellness.com, as well as my Ombrelle Extreme SPF 30, which I wear for my quick jaunts to the gym. (Cheap stuff & huge bottle!) I have no problems with this company's shipping at all, and items arrive in due time.

Upon first glance, BuyLowDrugs.com seems to be another great website with decent prices, and the $15 flat fee is rather reasonable. It makes you want to buy a ton & get your money's worth ... and in that respect, both buyer and seller are made happy! With all of my La Roche-Posay sources, I pay low flat shipping fees, which I think are best because I place massive orders!

I truly appreciate sellers with not only honest pricing for their sunscreen products, but also of course honest shipping fees, as I've shipped items to Europe and from Europe, and I know what foreign rates are for various parcel weights. These are the sellers who get my business.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |