Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Jane Iredale Eyeliner Brush
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Thu Sep 18, 2003 6:52 am      Reply with quote
It's probably no secret to you by now that I love my Jane Iredale eye-everything brushes Very Happy

I just went out to dinner with a few friends who commented on my great eye lining skills (which are completely non-existent and I owe it all to Jane and Clinique!). So of course I bragged about my JI eye lining brush which I used to do my eyes tonight Smile

Until a few months ago I have been an eye lining clutz but then I found two things that became my eye-lining saviour. One being the JI eye lining brush and the other the Clinique Eye Defining Duos (they come with a pointy sponge tip applicator).

Let's get this straight, I generally cannot line my eye unless I'm using one of the above. The Clinique stuff is great, easy, quick and gives a lovely thick line but comes in limited colours (though they have some REALLY nice ones! Double Plum!).

When I'm not madly rushing around trying to get ready I turn to Jane Smile I bought the JI eye lining brush after reading in mags about the 'push and wiggle' eye lining method. You apply normal eye shadow on a wet eye lining brush (a straight cut one like the JI) and then push it onto the base of your eyelashes and wiggle it across. I'm sure there are many brushes that would work but I like the firmness of the JI brush. It really works wonders for me, it gives a nice thin line (though you can make it thick) and it's nice and close to the lash line. I have always wanted to be able to wear black eyeliner but could never do it properly; first it was crooked (I have insanely twitchy eyes) and it also looked too harsh on me. Using the JI brush with a black eye shadow I get a nice smooth smokey black line and most importantly it's *SO* easy. Also because you're applying the powder so close to your eyelashes it makes them look denser. Not to mention that suddenly you have as many eyeliners as you have eye shadows Wink My JI eyelining brush also has a sponge tipped smudging thingy on the other end. I think you can get them with it or without.

The next step will be to learn how people do those nice two-tone eyelids. That still escapes me. I'm sure the instructions I get are correct it's just that I'm not much of an artist Sad Wow, this post turned out long (again), if this forum had a blushing emoticon I'd use it right about now Smile
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 18, 2003 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
With $50 gift certificate I got from EDS last month, I bought three new JI brushes, the Eye Liner/Brow, the Eye Shader and the Eye Contour. And to my surprise, not 'til I read your post, Mabsy, I just discovered that the Eye Liner/Brow I got have two ends!!!

Please don't fall off your chair from your good laugh at my goofiness. I ordered them and put them away in nicely sealed bag, hoping one day when I'm confident with my make up skill I will proudly use them to line my eyes and apply two-tone eye shadow technique ~_^

Any way, I will use the Eye Liner and practice the 'push and wiggle' technique you just share with us. And I will wait 'til you perfect your two-tone eye lids technique and share it with me.

LOL as much as you want, Mabsy, but this is the honest truth :0)
Mabsy

Thu Sep 18, 2003 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
LOL, yeah I think the picture on EDS does not do it justice. It only shows a one-ended one. I find that smudgy end quite useful.

Get the brush out and use it girl! Practice makes perfect Smile If you have any questions message me and I'll write you a detailed description of how I do it (though I think that different ways may suit different people, who knows). I just don't want to post an epic here Smile
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:31 am      Reply with quote
Is the brush you are talking about the JI eyeliner brow brush for 16.50 on the order page?

Thanks
Mabsy

Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:15 am      Reply with quote
Wow! That is a blast from the past! I wrote that review over 3 years ago and I still actually have and use this brush....

It is this brush http://www.essentialdayspa.com/jane-iredale-eye-liner---p_2419.htm **BUT** mine has a handy smudger on the other end. I'm not sure if they have changed them...

And, btw, I still can't do the two-tone eyeshadow I mentioned in the original review Embarassed
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy . I found the old review this morning while looking at the JI eyeliner brow brush.

Sherri
shanno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
I was just eyeing up the JI brushes yesterday. I've been looking everywhere for some top quality brushes and I'd been hoping to find some that were animal friendly. I was so happy to stumble on the JI brushes, but I wondered a bit about how well they worked. Now, I think I'm sold. Thanks for the detailed review--obviously it's timeless!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |