Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

canker sores??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hey,

I got one of these damn things from drinking smirnoff coolers at my boyfriends BBQ...guess they're just a little too sweet!

Any remedies for canker sores? I've tried salty water and it just made my teeth hurt? (weird)
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
I take it the canker is inside your mouth??? Do you only have one lianne or several? I have two dentists in my family. If a canker is on the outside of your mouth, you can take a Q Tip and put a tad of bleach (that's right bleach) on it and pat it on the canker. It works wonders!! Of course if the canker is interorally bleach is not an option.

Here is an article I found:

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0MKX/is_6_72/ai_111896806

Most likely it will go away on its own. You can always get a topical in the drug store. My daughter had a bout with cankers in her mouth and had to use a RX rinse for it. They can really be painful.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lianne - it's amazing how something so small could feel like a football-sized blister, eh? I use Amosan (these little packets that you add to water...) I swish, spit and pretty much get relief - it's great! I recently got my hands on the most awesome fresh pineapple and developed two real whoppers! The amosan saved me!
Winnie, if you are from a family of dentists you probably know about this stuff..
Pudoodles
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
Hi Lianne - it's amazing how something so small could feel like a football-sized blister, eh? I use Amosan (these little packets that you add to water...) I swish, spit and pretty much get relief - it's great! I recently got my hands on the most awesome fresh pineapple and developed two real whoppers! The amosan saved me!
Winnie, if you are from a family of dentists you probably know about this stuff..
Pudoodles

Oral B makes excellent products. Good idea Pudoodles. If the canker is just an occasional thing Amosan most likely would give relief. When Lianne said her teeth hurt when she rinsed out her mouth with salt water rinses I also thought that was weird for a simple canker.

Having dentists in my family has saved me a lot of $$$ over the years. Laughing I am no expert but have received a lot of good advice.

Feel better soon Lianne.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:07 am      Reply with quote
I read somewhere that if you suffer from these a lot, then sodium laurel sulphate found in toothpaste can make them worse. You can get SLS free toothpaste. My father in law suffers from these all the time, he always gets them when he's run down and stressed - I don't think the 20 fags a day and all the sugar he plies into his coffee helps!!???
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:53 am      Reply with quote
This is the first time I've had one in a LONG LONG time. It's right on the inside front area right where my teeth rub against it....hurts like hell.

I dunno why the salt made my tooth hurt, I presume it's sugar overload!?

I'm gonna see if I can find this Amosan stuff, sounds good.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:47 am      Reply with quote
You know that Gly Oxide stuff that we’ve been talking about under the “Quasi-Review of GoSmile” thread? On the package, it says it’s supposed to be good for treating “temporary mouth abrasions,” which presumably means canker sores. I know I bit the inside of my cheek the other day but when I used the Gly Oxide that night, my first reaction was YEOWCH!! But you know what? The boo-boo was gone like it had never been! You can find Gly Oxide in the oral hygiene (toothbrush/paste/mouthwash) aisle at the supermarket or drugstore.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:01 am      Reply with quote
cool...I couldn't find the other one. The thing is still there and hurts like a b****. Now my boyfriend has a coldsore on his lip...hehe...we're a mess over here! At least now I don't have to kiss him, cuz it was hurting my canker...
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:09 am      Reply with quote
If it really hurts Lianne - maybe it's a cold sore and not a canker...an old girlfriend used to get real cold sores and apparently they hurt like heck! Shock
Pudoodles
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
It doesn't seem to be nearly as bad today as before. I've never had a coldsore before and I got it before my boyfriend got his so I doubt it is one...or at least I sure hope not!!!
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |