Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

FYI: Skinceuticals Phyto Corrective is AWESOME
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to let y'all know that I LOVE Skinceuticals Phyto Corrective Gel. I started using it the end of February and by a little over a week ago I noticed my skin wasn't as red and irritated/agitated, my pores smaller, less skin flakiness and less oiliness. It totally calmed down my skin and has even helped with my acne. Best of all when I was thinking I was dreaming...that it was too good to be true... my Mom, who knows me and my skin very well noticed it and commented on it. I said "Yes! It's confirmed! I thought I was imagining it!". She thought it was amazing how much it helped my skin. I even haven't had to use a moisturizer. AWESOME! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Next I am looking into their night time lotion for oily/comb skin.

Oh, and if you were wondering, I am 25 and I have sensitive oily/combination skin that is acne prone (I usually have 4-8 spots on my face at a time). I also have enlarged pores. My skin is very easily agitated and doesn't tolerate many products.

So that's it... I totally recommend Phyto Corrective. I am going to get my Mom to try their products... I am sure they are amazing for older skin too.

Wink Amnis
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
in the review section there's a thread called 'skinceuticals' which talks about the overnight renew. I plan to order it as soon as I pay my summer tuition, provided I have $$$ left
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Yes This product is amazing. I got a sample of it with my last skinceuticals order and i've been using it for about a weeks.. OMG I love it. very light. my red skin is much more calm. and the pores. omg something is going on with the pores they look smaller.. less acne.. WINNER!!! big time.
rosyb
5% products discount

Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
hi

glad to hear the photo corrective is a hit, I will have to try on my combination skin - its hard to know what to use and what not to use as there is so much choice.

I am using the renew overnight oily for combination/oily skin - I really like it and makes my skin feel great - I still get the odd spot but when my skin feels soft to touch its not so bad
lucy2
5% products discount

Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using the Phyto +

I wish I knew what the difference really was, besides some of the ingredients and price.
I'm using it for evening things out, but it is too soon to tell if it is working. i would love to hear if others have used it successfully.
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Lucy2-
I was in the same boat when I was reading about the phytos and wondering what the difference was. Confused

I was told when I was given samples of the phyto corrective from an aesthetician (who swears by skinceuticals) that I should go with the corrective instead of the +. My skin is oily/combination and she said the phyto + would be too oily on my skin. She also said the corrective would be better because it is good for acneic skin like mine (I also have younger skin). I think I remember her saying that the + is really good for more mature skin that has a lot of hyperpigmentation b/c it has more ingredients geared toward toward fading.

Hope this helps. If not, go to an aesthetician who knows about skinceuticals (go to the skinceuticals website and look up where you can buy it in your area. then try checking out some of the aestheticians listed). Perhaps you will be told something similar to what I was told. But if they know everything about your skin they can tell you what you need to know. They also might give you samples.

Wink amnis
blueberry
5% products discount

Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:25 am      Reply with quote
I have used B5 only before, but I am not a big fan of this product. since I've heard so many good things about this brand, think I'll try some other products.
I have oily to combo & sensitive skin, what should I use?
C + AHA in the morning then SkinCeuticals Renew Overnight :Oily/Combination Skin? anyone is using it?
When to use corrective gel? what about Retinol 0.5%?
marmur1
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2005 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Phyto is really pretty impressive! I got my second Glyderm peel last Friday and my skin was really upset afterwards. The aesthetician gave me a few samples of Phyto to use on my irritated skin and it really has helped to calm it down a lot.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2005 11:46 am      Reply with quote
I didn't have any results w/ Phyto. I really wanted it to work but I used it for a month with zero results. I have Asian, sensitive skin prone to hyperpigmentation.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2005 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
I just got a sample of this from my spa. I'll post once I've used the sample up.
shuzhen44

Sun May 08, 2005 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
I am using the Phyto, B5, VitC, daily moist and sunblock. I can say that I dun like the feel of the products, they are sticky after use. Especially the VitC. I don't see changes to my skin. I am an Asian, pretty fair skin, my pigmentation is still there, not lighten.

Anyone knows where to get this brand call "CELL REFORM" in the states? It stated Made In USA. This products is really awesome!
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2005 9:46 am      Reply with quote
I don't know about phyto + being for those with 'mature' skin. I used it and I have far from 'mature' skin, it is oily and I am 31.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2005 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Shuz: The vit C products don't work quickly but I've seen major good changes. I've been using three different C creams/serums for about a year. For the first 3 months they were the only products I used. In several weeks (3-4) my skin looked brighter and the tone was more even. By three months I saw major changes. Small lines decreased and firmer skin. I think people like products that show instant action but these by their very nature are temporary. Products that work by stimulating collagen growth or other means of improving cellular function can take many many months but I think thy're better because they actually improve the health of your skin and the C may even ward off skin cancer and age spots.
Bad Bird
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2005 11:31 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Phyto+ for 2 weeks now. I must say I haven't seen any lightening results yet (although if the product has been preventing hyperpigmentation I wouldn't know about it Wink ) but it definitely has softened my skin and made it more moisturised. Weird smell but I've gotten used to it though and rather like it now.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |