Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Dental Whitening?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
aprilha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
Has any of you had success with any drugstore dental whitening products?

ie. whitestrips, simply white etc?
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
Check out this thread from the Product Review Forum Smile

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4513
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:12 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Red, that was were I was going to direct April’s attention! Basically, you can use GoSmile, which is really expensive (starter kit is nearly $100USD), or you can buy some “earwax removal drops” in the eye/ear care section of your local pharmacy for about $6USD, or you can try the Gly Oxide antiseptic oral cleanser. I’ve used all three of these products and the latter two work just as well, if not better, than the GoSmile and Crest Whitestripes and Colgate Simply White and...well, you get the idea. If you can’t locate the ear drops or Gly Oxide in your country, PM me and we can make arrangements for me to buy you some and ship it over (like I’ve done for LoopyLori, Karinna, Rzecka and Mabsy!)....
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:27 am      Reply with quote
You're welcome. I found some GlyOxide at Walmart yesterday Very Happy It's 10% carbamide peroxide as opposed to the 6 or 6.5% ear wax removal drops.

Is it not amazing how much dentists charge for whitening given this information? Mad
Kk1668
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:21 am      Reply with quote
This is wonderful! Thanks Carekate and aprilha to post the thread. I tried a sample of GoSmile and some Colgate stuffs, they didn't really work well. Will try the other 2 cheaper options.

KK
SugarFreeSheila
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Nite White since 2002 and love it. Everyone comments on my teeth. Smile I bought the $90 starter kit off eBay and it's only about $22 every few months to maintain. Just 1 hour of the tray a month, the stuff is so powerful!
Kinga
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

Once you bleach your teeth to keep them white do prevent foods that stain your teeth such as coffee. For those coffee drinkers or smokers once you are done drink a glass of water to remove the residue.

FOr wine lovers. Red wine only. Drink through a sraw to prevent the red wine touching your teeth.. if u cannot then make sure you drink water as well to remove that stain.

I drink through a straw and it works.

if u all have any questions in regards to dental let me know will be happy to share the info with you

5% products discount

Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Thanks Red, that was were I was going to direct April’s attention! Basically, you can use GoSmile, which is really expensive (starter kit is nearly $100USD), or you can buy some “earwax removal drops” in the eye/ear care section of your local pharmacy for about $6USD, or you can try the Gly Oxide antiseptic oral cleanser. I’ve used all three of these products and the latter two work just as well, if not better, than the GoSmile and Crest Whitestripes and Colgate Simply White and...well, you get the idea. If you can’t locate the ear drops or Gly Oxide in your country, PM me and we can make arrangements for me to buy you some and ship it over (like I’ve done for LoopyLori, Karinna, Rzecka and Mabsy!)....

How would you apply glyoxide to help whiten your teeth? I remember I used it a while ago when I wanted to keep my tongue clean (after just getting it pierced). I never knew it could be used to whiten teeth--how would it work?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:05 am      Reply with quote
BinaryStar wrote:
How would you apply glyoxide to help whiten your teeth? I remember I used it a while ago when I wanted to keep my tongue clean (after just getting it pierced). I never knew it could be used to whiten teeth--how would it work?
Some who’ve reported whitening success with Gly Oxide report putting a few drops on their toothbrush and simply brushing your teeth for a couple of minutes (try not to spit), then follow with your normal toothpaste (or vice versa – brush with toothpaste, rinse, then brush with GlyOxide). Others have simply put a few drops on a Qtip or their fingertip and swiped it over their teeth. Either way, you need to keep the Gly Oxide in contact with your teeth for at least two minutes (again, without spitting) – although the longer the better. Try reading pg 2-4 of this thread for more info on application techniques of Gly Oxide or the ear drops: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4513&highlight=quasi+review

HTH,
Carrie
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Kinga wrote:
Hi

Once you bleach your teeth to keep them white do prevent foods that stain your teeth such as coffee. For those coffee drinkers or smokers once you are done drink a glass of water to remove the residue.

FOr wine lovers. Red wine only. Drink through a sraw to prevent the red wine touching your teeth.. if u cannot then make sure you drink water as well to remove that stain.

I drink through a straw and it works.

if u all have any questions in regards to dental let me know will be happy to share the info with you

This is gread advice! I've been drinking more coffee than normal lately even though I should not--I'll actually brush when I'm done for the day. Smile
elbirtch

Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi

I would say that the only way really to whiten teeth is having them done properly at the dentist anyone heard of a cheaper option than £300 pounds a treatment?

Thanks
Emma www.nailsnstuff.co.uk
We Talk Hair & Beauty

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:39 am      Reply with quote
I had one of those dental whitening with the
higher peroxide and light treatment. I wasn't that satisfied. I'm going to try that glyox frequently to see if that works better. Some
things will not whiten though maybe I have coloration form anitibiotics as a kid?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:59 am      Reply with quote
If you have grey discoloration on your teeth from childhood antibiotic use, not even those expensive dentist whitening treatments are going to bring your teeth back to a whiter/brighter color. I think the only option for those with that kind of staining would be to get your teeth capped or bonded! The dental whitening treatments, or the topical stuff you can buy over-the-counter (i.e.: Crest Whitestrips, Colgate Simply White, GoSmile, Auro eardrops, Gly Oxide, etc) are really only going to help those with yellow teeth stains caused by caffiene, wine, smoking, etc. A few months ago, someone posted a long thread about her experiences with antibiotic teeth staining, let me see if I can find the post....here it is, I think:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3765&highlight=gosmile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |