Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
CE Ferulic - Article on Antioxidant Ratings
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:30 am      Reply with quote
I came across a new article posted at DermaDoctor regarding Antioxidants, and which ones perform best:

Antioxidants Investigated - by Audrey Kunin, M.D. 4/7/05
http://www.dermadoctor.com/pages/Newsletter293.asp?WID=%7BFD01DDDD%2D0067%2D4C69%2D8A2A%2DFB2AE7889EBF%7D

I see that the CE+Ferulic received such great ratings, I am wondering should I switch over from my current C+AHA to CE+Ferulic? I really like how much my skin has cleared up with the C+AHA, and if I switch I will lose having the 10% AHA in the mix. I see SkinCeuticals has an Intense Line Defense Serum which has 12% AHA, but that means adding another serum to layer on my skin. hmm, decisions decisions.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Excellent article! Finally some real information explaining the %'s used in that "prevage" study from last year. No wonder C did not do well in that study - at 0.1% concentration!!! - how could it have stood a chance? I wonder how much the CE Ferulic is selling for?
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Yikes! $115 for an ounce. I wonder if I can just find some ferulic acid and put on after I put my C+ Firming on? Off to research...
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Actually, I think it is $122.00 ounce. Shock

Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:53 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting this MystyPines, very interesting article! I'll need to look into getting this but for now I have to finish off my C serums...
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:14 am      Reply with quote
Just when I thought I found the "fountain of youth" with my C+AHA, another product always comes along to replace it, Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Great article, Misty Pines! Thanks for posting this! Looks like the Skinceutical C E Ferulic is next on my ever-growing list (sigh)
Pudoodles
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I'm awaiting my order for IS Clinical Super Serum and Firming Complex. I've never used Vit. C before so I'm anxious to see if the serum makes a difference. I've used Prevage for over a month and it's okay, but no miracle potion (for me -- I'm 53 with very good skin for my age). I guess if the IS stuff doesn't impress me, the CE+Ferulic will be on my list of products to try!
naturallyhappy31
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
I think you will be really happy w/ IS clinical. I have been using the poly vita serum with hydra cool for about 3 weeks. REALLY stimulates my skin. Let me know what you think when you have a chance! HAGD E1
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Whewwwww.... Was I ever happy to see naturallyhappy31 praising IS Clinical. I reread some of my posts a little while ago and I was starting to feel like the high priestess of the IS Clinical cult....

(going off to assume the lotus position and CHANT in front of my bottle of Active Serum...)
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
katee, I'm hoping the IS Clinical products don't disappoint! My skin has begun to thin this past year or so, probably due to perimenopause. Three spots where I had scarring in my childhood (from chicken pox believe it or not) that faded way back when are now faintly visible again as a result! Quite weird. Also, I notice a slackening of my jawline/lower cheeks. Otherwise, I don't have any deep lines or even wrinkles, so I'm lucky in that respect. My hope is to find a product that will firm and plump my skin. I'm not ready for any plastic surgery as a solution -- my complaints don't warrant that alternative yet. An older friend of mine had a face lift 4 yrs. ago and says she sees some slackening returning Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad . For as much money as it cost her, one would hope for longer-lasting results. She probably drinks too much for her skin and general health, though, so that may be a factor. As a fall back, I've ordered the Alphaderma sample kit, since so many forum users like that line. The ferulic is another one I'll try if the IS doesn't show any dramatic improvements. I'm resigned to the fact, however, that topicals may have done as much for my skin as can be expected! Don't worry about your enthusiasm for IS -- it's working for you, and if it doesn't work for me, I won't hold it against you!!!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |