Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
That time of the Month
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Ok I thought of this one and it made me giggle.
What do you like to use best at that special time of the month???? Shock
Be it towel or tampon - what do you prefer?
Personally I am not a big fan of tampons, I always feel like I'm about to give birth - no matter how far up I shove the thing!!! Shock Laughing
Now I know towels are now the best thing but I guess Always are always the ones I go for, oh and the boots ones they are not too bad.
Oh yes I saw this program once about little cups women used to use 'in the old days' - has anyone ever tried these????? Laughing Shock
And has anyone ever looked at the amount of chemicals that are in Femfresh and other feminine hygene products - does anyone know of any chemical free ones
Smile
Will have to suggest this to those who produce Dr Hauschka, Yonka etc.
Would love to hear your thoughts on these matters Laughing Anxious
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
pads....period seems to go away quicker that way.
freckles127
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Lianne, the tampons never seem to work well for me. Always with dri weave is the most comfortable although I wish it would get thinner and still serve its purpose!
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:10 am      Reply with quote
cotton mouse is the only way to go Laughing can't imagine exercising in anything else.

RE: Cups. Always wondered what they used to use. I did read on some earth first type site, someone was using natural sponges..wouldn't fancy washing them but thar you go Embarassed
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:54 am      Reply with quote
cotton mouse - is this a brand????
The cups are called Chalase's (think that may not be the correct spelling) - here's something a little um unusual Anxious the contents of the cup otherwise known as ambrosia or the nectar of the gods (they drink that a lot in 'The Oddessy') was yes a very nutrisios drink - full of Iron.
Since I saw that documentary I've never looked at Ambrosia Rice Pudding in the same light Shock
BabyBlues
5% products discount

Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:28 am      Reply with quote
Well, it's pads for me too! Always seems to work best for me.

I never will forget a weekend at the beach and surfing with a pad. It was not a pretty picture. Rolling Eyes I fell off the board and it hit me in the head and my pad washed to shore!

Ah, it's wonderful not to be young and inexperienced... Very Happy
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
well, it's tampons for me all the way!
i can get these great natural tampons, with no added ickiness so it's great.
i think they are actually an australian brand but i know that the people who import dr hauschka into nz also have a natural range of femproducts from europe *maybe or i might be making that up* that you can buy at some health food stores, can't for the life of me remember the name though... will endeavour to find out for you... *watch this space*

Kiwigirl.
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
yeah, i did make up the bit about europe Embarassed

the range is called naturacare http://www.natracare.net.nz/ and they're certified organic natural tampons etc all made in nz.

i'm sure there are some similar products in the uk though.

Kiwigirl.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Babyblues I can remember coming on early once when I was at school so I put tissue in my knickes - I was mortified when this bloody tissue trailed out of my trouser leg during lessions. Oh how I really do not miss school - I used to have this really good looking lad come up to me and infront of everone say "oh look it's join up the dots, lets see what type of picture we can make".
Well revenge is very sweet, I saw him not so long ago and he has really bad acne - my skin was clear and radient at the time Very Happy Very Happy
My mum used to insist on buying me those awful economy sanitary towels - you know the ones that are like nappies and that are not individually wrapped so a packet would take up half of my bag. Has anyone ever used those feminine hygiene wipes? How great are they, my father in law thinks they are 'refreshing face wipes'!!! We haven't said anything to him yet. Wink
BabyBlues
5% products discount

Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Rosebud, LOL! I'm glad you got you're well deserved "sweet revenge"! As for the feminine towelettes, I love them. I've never used them on my face but I have cleaned my dogs tush with them! Actually, it works pretty "dang" good! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:00 am      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
cotton mouse - is this a brand????

Laughing nah it reminds me of an episdoe of the Young Ones. Where it's Ricks birthday and he takes a tampon out of girls bag and says it's a mouse, till it fell in someones drink Cool
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:44 am      Reply with quote
It has to be tampons for me I'm afraid. I remember at school (years ago) I was a very young starter, 9 years old, and my mum used to make me wear a sanitary belt with these HUGE THICK towels...I used to walk home from school with my legs red raw where the pad had rubbed. I must have looked like I'd been sat on a horse all day!!!!!

5% products discount

Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:13 am      Reply with quote
If you want to know all about menstrual cups pop along here http://www.keeper.com/ Very Happy

I've used a Keeper but I prefer the Mooncup http://www.mooncup.co.uk/ which is made of silicone and came out in the UK before the DivaCup. I've been a user for about 4yrs and wouldn't ever go back to using tampons now. My periods are shorter by 1-2 days and I don't get any period pains anymore. Plus I've not had thrush at all since I've been using it and I used to get it 2-3 times a year.

What's scarey is that I may hit the menopause before I'm due to get a new one - they last for 10yrs Shock

And if you want some wierd fact & ficton about periods see http://www.mum.org/ Wink
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
Wow SusanC good on you!!!
I really want one of these moon cups - will show the boyfriend later, I think he may let me have one.
Just wondering do you get any leekage with these, would I still need a pantyliner?
Every month he buys me a 'poorly period bird' gift - I know I am so spoilt, I think I'm the only girl who when I see that first spot of blood , I go running to show him or give him a ring. Then I get spoilt Very Happy
Gucci am still laughing - oh you poor thing Laughing
OOO boyfs had a read and says he'l get me one
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
rose, I tell my bf and I think he's just happy there's no baby on the way. haha....if I got a gift every month I'd be rotten from his sweetness
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:22 am      Reply with quote
Rosebud, I'll have to try to get a present everything month!!!! I'll let you know how I get on!!!!! haha

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:44 am      Reply with quote
Gucci wrote:
It has to be tampons for me I'm afraid. I remember at school (years ago) I was a very young starter, 9 years old, and my mum used to make me wear a sanitary belt with these HUGE THICK towels...I used to walk home from school with my legs red raw where the pad had rubbed. I must have looked like I'd been sat on a horse all day!!!!!

OMG I remember those. I like towels but will use tampons towards the end of cycle.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:43 am      Reply with quote
haha you remember them as well!!!! Thank god, I thought I was the only child subjected to cruelty!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:40 am      Reply with quote
No I think we all went through it. Most of my friends remember wearing them as well.
I do have a little story about the stick on ones. My freinds son who was about 6 found his 14 year old sisters supply. He asked her what they were, she told him plasters. Anyhow a few days later he fell and hurt himself (you know where I am going) told his mum and she told him to put a plaster on it. Next day she gets a phone call from the school and they made her go down there. Well her little cherub had a sani towel stuck to each elbow. She was mortified.But we all had a giggle.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:57 am      Reply with quote
hahahahahaha That was so funny, it brightened my Tuesday!

I had a bit of an embarrassing tale a few months ago. It was my Aunties Funeral and we had everyone back to our house afterwards for some food etc. My 2 cats had been locked upstairs in my bedroom for quite a while. Everyone was saying oh let them down lets have a look at them. I opened the door, down the stairs flew both cats like whirlwinds. Everyone was saying how beautiful they were when one of them said, oh whats that Gucci's got in his mouth...yes you guessed it...one of my tampons!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:47 am      Reply with quote
I dunno what to say to that one Gucci, except sorry but it made me laugh. I am always laughing at the wrong moment it has always got me into trouble.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
Laugh, I nearly choked! Laughing It certainly made everyone laugh, and Gucci looked so cute!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:05 am      Reply with quote
I ordered a mooncup last night - just want to say thankyou to SusanC, if you hadn't have posted I would have been none the wiser of these fasinating little devices. I will keep you all posted anyway when I get it - it's not coming for 14 days, so it should come right in the middle of my period!!!!
I loved the story of Gucci the cat - we have come home in the past to the bathroom bin empty and towels shredded up all round the house, like texas chain saw masacre!!!! Laughing (the dog)
Caspers Mum

Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
Logs. Don't really get one. Luck girl, I know. Eh?
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone I'm back with the mooncup follow-up.
I am on my heaviest period day today and can you believe it I'm sat here in my pjama bottoms with no knickers Shock
The mooncup took a little getting used to, I had to have a practice with it before I cam on, it took a little getting used to shoving an egg cup up there and then trying to get it all they way up to my cervix - which I nearly bust whilst on my little mission Shock Laughing
The only slightly annoying part is the long bit that sticks down at the bottom - this is for pulling the cup out, it rubbed a little at first, but after a few days I forgot it was there.
I am still able to go do toilet (yes wee and *****) with the mooncup in.
At the end of the day I just wash it out with some femfresh and then replace for night-time - there has been no leekage on the bedsheets.
I can't stop smiling about my mooncup SusanC I can't thank you enough Very Happy My sister called me a dirty bugger when I told her, that just made me more determined Wink
Anyway I won't go into any more details Rolling Eyes
My poorly period gift by the way this month was a book I have been after for a while (I get to go out and choose something) James Joyce - Ulysses, I love my classics but may find this one a challenge, has anyone read this?

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |