Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Dermalogica Toxin Relief Treatment Oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
siri
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:21 am      Reply with quote
I bought this oil because I started to see some cellulite on my thighs and buttocks, and because I am pregnant I should avoid most of the ordinary cellulite-treatments, I was told (because of caffein and some other ingrediens commonly used). This oil was safe, however.

At first I was a bit disappointed in it, because I was looking for an oil that was smooth enough to be massaged in to the skin for a while (I use an electrical massager with heat, at home every morning). This oil goes into the skin quite fast, so there is not a lot of massaging required (I do it for 3-5 minutes on each leg). After about two weeks of doing this, I saw amazing improvements on my thighs especially, not so much on my buttocks yet (maybe because I massage the thighs more because it is easier). I have actually reduced the size of my thighs, and that is amazing because I am pregnant and gaining weight. I am also amazed how the oil/massaging has firmed/toned my skin. I use two "pumps" of the oil on each leg (from the knee to the belly), so the oil seems to last a long time. It works as a slimming and firming treatment for me, as well as "toxin relief" I suppose (I don't notice the toxin-thing, but the slimming and firming effects are GREAT!)

A really good buy!

When I have had my baby I will try the Decleor Slendisium range and give you my opinion about them as well.
Mabsy

Sat Sep 20, 2003 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Oooo! I got a sample of that with my last EDS order and it smells beautiful! I used it the other night after I had a bath and it was lovely. I find the smell quite strong and herbal especially if you put it all over yourself like I did (NICE herbal not bad herbal though). It's something I'd put on after a bath to help me sleep.

Can't comment on the effectiveness of it myself after using it from a sample just once but I love the texture and the smell.
siri
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 27, 2003 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Yes, it is definitely a strong herbal smell -but I don't think the scent lingers for long on the skin. I use it in the morning, and apply a bodylotion (a cheap but good one) over it after massaging the oil, and the herb-scent is completely gone after that, so it is safe to wear a fragrance/perfume after using the oil if I feel like it Smile

I am sure it is lovely to use the oil at night as well, it definitely has some calming effect to it, but for me it is just more practical to use it in the morning, and that works well, too, because the oil penetrates the skin fast.

It has been a few days since I wrote this review, and the results I get with this oil just keep on amazing me. The skin on my thighs is more or less cellulite-free now, but I still have some on the buttocks. Because I am pregnant and cannot move very much these days, it must be the oil/massaging every morning that has done this! How wonderful -don't believe those people who say that nothing works for cellulite Very Happy
Mabsy

Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Glad it's working so well for you Siri. And you are right, the smell is strong but it does fade quickly. I think I might buy this as well, I just love the smell of it....
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |