Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Tri Luma

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
datasmi

Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone heard of TRI LUMA?

Has anyone, (preferrably african american skin tones) tried it before, if so, what were you results?

It is suppose to clear up dark spots on the skin.
strawberry1
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:10 am      Reply with quote
I have been wondering the same thing but I think I've found something else it's called Makari and I have heard good things about it. I am about to make a post on it and see if anyone here has had good results with it.
Gaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
I received a sample from my dermatologist to fade some brown spots but have not used it enough to answer the question. Then my mom gave me her prescription sized big tube as she didn't like it. Now my issue is, does anyone know if it can cause a white (hypopigmented) area where your dark spot used to be. I wasn't sure if from using my sample I had a little white spot or it was my imagination. Embarassed If so, that might be more of a problem with African American skin but I am not sure.
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Gaby, I think I ran into the white spot problem too.

I used Triluma, albeit reluctantly, for a while to fade some sun damage, but got too nervous with the steroid and HQ, so stopped using it. Plus, my skin seemed ultra sensitive to the sun. I also read that after you stop using it, your brown spots come back with a vengeance. I sm very fair skinned and totally abused my skin in the sun from about age 15-30! Oh, to take back the sun worshipping years!

So, I'm just sticking to non-HQ products, like vitamin C, kojic, and the like.

Maria Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the response Maria. I think I will focus on the basics like sunscreen, vit C etc and drinking more water for now.
moffatt

Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
To those who are wondering about Tri-Luma I'm currently using it and it's wonderful for my skin! My dermatologist really did'nt want to give it to me because I am African American but he did. I had severe dark circles under my eyes and with the help of Tri Luma they are slightly noticable without make-up and not noticable at all with make-up. It isn't greasy like most creams they make for African Americans. Which will all know isn't health for oily skin at all. I've tried some many bleaching products over the years and Tri Luma doesn't leave my skin red, dried-out or irritated.
dutchess of dollz
5% products discount

Fri May 13, 2005 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
I tried tri luma two years ago, and my derm said to only use it at night, but i had bad hyperpig on my neck, and i was desperate to get rid of it, so i used it day and night. My skin began to peel so bad that it bleeded a little(this was before i knew that you were suppose to wear sunscreen with hydroquinone). But exactly three days later, my skin was smooth, soft, and light as hell! i guess it was one of those treatments where it gets worse before it gets better. Anyway, if you wear sunscreen with it, and protective hat/clothing, it will lighten you greatly.
Fairlyfair
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 13, 2005 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
triluma has a steroid in it, I wouldn't use it long term for under the eyes. Sometimes I don't understand what these dr's are thinking??? It may be a quick fix, but steroids..... Shock

Mon May 16, 2005 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
For all of you that are wondering about the steroid in Tri-Luma that amount is so very little and is commonly used in prescriptions for the skin...I've done the research for myself...Because I was worried about it. Tri-Luma hasn't been a quick fix for me personally and has helped me along with my daily facial routine...I also don't use it on a daily bases nor twice a day when I use it. For my skin that would be way too much. Also any peeling that is associated with Tri-Luma can be solved with Olay renewal creams. I found that out by trial and error. Good luck to those who will try it.
dreamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
My mother has used Tri Luma before.Its content is small because for only brown spot.
My mother used it for 2months,but the result is not good.
And it causes some irritation and red skin tone.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
didnt work for me made my skin red but did not take melasma away.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

DDF Bio-Moisture Eye Serum (14 g / 0.5 oz) RevitaLash Simply Stunning Lashes (2 items) Donell A+Q10 Cream (2.5 oz)