Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
The Royal Wedding!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Oh am spending the weekend here at the in - laws and forgot all about Charleys wedding. Mother-in-law who rants and raves and detests all royals is secretly a royalist.
If there is anything on the TV do do with the royal family she is glued to it. So I have spent the whole afternoon watching the wedding, oooing and ahhing over what everyone is wearing. Actually saying that Camilla looks nice!!!!! Shock . Oh I hang my head in shame Embarassed
Boyfriend went nuts - Bulls and Bears on Fox was cancelled (you know males and rituals!!!).
Have any of you ended up watching the wedding.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Nope, I read a book and played zuma instead. Much more fun

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:14 am      Reply with quote
whats zuma??? This sounds much more fun than the royals Laughing Where abouts down south are you?
I bet your not having rain and winds like up here!!!
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Zuma is a great game well I think so but then I love tetris and space invaders. It is on sites like 'bigfishgames' you get an hours trial then you can buy if you like it. My mate and I alternate buying the games, saves a bit of money.
I live in Poole. It's bloody freezing at the moment. I am sat here with a hot water bottle and blanket and the heating is full on. I look so glam, I justg need a face mask and curlers to finish my look. Rolling Eyes

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
I watched the wedding for a bit.
OMG,I was laughing so hard about the most couture item at the wedding:the hat.
Very Happy Did you like the hats?I will never wear something like that,even I love hats and I own one to help me with protection against the UV.
It is the new fashion in UK or only royals can wear them.
Camille didn't look bad Embarassed Wink Do you know if she had any work done to her face and what cosmetic line is she using?
Doinita
Martigirl
5% products discount

Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
I spent many happy holidays as a youngster in Poole, my auntie lived there and every school holiday my gran took me down normally a minimum of 4 times a year.

I have a real yearning to go back for a holiday it is 20+ years since I have been.

Very jealous
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Martigirl wrote:
I spent many happy holidays as a youngster in Poole, my auntie lived there and every school holiday my gran took me down normally a minimum of 4 times a year.

I have a real yearning to go back for a holiday it is 20+ years since I have been.

Very jealous

Where are you?
I must admit it is quite nice here Exclamation

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Doinita Camilla and Charles have been seeing Dr Ali Mousuraff (something like that!!!) every day at his private prctince in London for the past month. He does diet, massage (Dr Ali's brother has been doing some special massage on them every day). They follow this holistic program.
If we are all saying Camila looked good - he must be a miricle worker!!!! Laughing
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah it is hard to see how he prefered that pitbull to Diana.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
I watched clips of the wedding this morning. I always find the Royals interesting.

What I don't understand, is why did Edward have to abdicate the throne in order to be with the woman he loved so many years ago, because she was divorced. Yet Charles not only committed adultery with Camilla, but broke up her marriage as well as his, and they are also both divorced, yet it is acceptable and he is still entitled to be King? I don't get it?

I wonder what Diana would have thought of today's events?
Martigirl
5% products discount

Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hiya Loopylori I am in Glasgow, wet cold and drizzly mean city lol.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Dianne wrote:
I watched clips of the wedding this morning. I always find the Royals interesting.

What I don't understand, is why did Edward have to abdicate the throne in order to be with the woman he loved so many years ago, because she was divorced. Yet Charles not only committed adultery with Camilla, but broke up her marriage as well as his, and they are also both divorced, yet it is acceptable and he is still entitled to be King? I don't get it?

I wondered about that too, Dianne! Does anyone know what the skinny is on this? I thought be would have to give up the throne? Hmmmm.....It's all so tragic (and comic)- Shakespeare would be smirking right now....
Pudoodles
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
I was just looking at an article that included a few pics, and the first one I saw I was like WOW SHE DOES LOOK GREAT....then I realized it was her daughter! LOL!
cheezwiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Not really a royal watcher but I saw some photos of the wedding today.

Camilla did look very nice I must say. Her dresses were very elegant and tasteful. Not sure what that spiky hat thing was on her head though! Liked the hat she wore to the civil ceremony.The colours of her gowns really suited her, and her makeup was very flattering.

Personally I think its nice they finally got hitched. Charles' life would have been so much easier if he'd just married Camilla in the first place.(Can you imagine the horse-face offspring they would have had together though? Laughing )
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
Dianne - You made me curious about why the Duke of Windsor had to abdicate while Prince Charles doesn't. Divorce was not the only issue at the time. It seems that the British government found Mrs. Simpson unacceptable as a king's consort: she was universally disliked (by Americans as well as Brits), was a Nazi sympathizer, and was simultaneously having affairs with other men while involved with the Duke, including a member of the German government. After reading about her, it seems that dressing well and gold-digging were her main talents! But aside from all this, there were enough *technically* legal issues the government could rely on to prevent him from ascending to the thrown if he married her.

April
Cheeks
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:17 am      Reply with quote
I totally agree with Dianne.

As Prince Charles will become King, Head of State and the Head of the Church of England, his standing, position and character should be beyond reproach. As an adulterer with an adulteress wife I feel that he is no longer able to fulfil his birth right. Therefore he should have been made to forfeit his right to the crown in order to marry Camilla.

I think that unfortunately over the years with the events that have happened within the Royal family, public support is ever dwindling. Even yesterday's crowds could hardly be described as momentous, the majority of people I think just 'don't care'. In order for the Monarchy to stand any chance of surviving I think that the throne should go straight to Prince William in order to disassociate the crown from events in the past.

I think that Charles and Camilla would gain more support if he had of given up his right, I mean every person has the right to happiness, but unfortunately he is not your ordinary 'man on the street' and so his should come at a price.

Re the outfit Camilla wore - which Ostrich did she run over on route to the ceremony Laughing Laughing

As to what I was doing yesterday, I was at Alexandra Palace at a Rubber Stamping and Scrapbooking show - FAR more interesting! Very Happy

Phew, I need a coffee after all that!!

T x
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:27 am      Reply with quote
If you look back through history Kings have always had affairs, just look at Henry V111. I think it is just that now we have so much media coverage that the whole world knows about it.
I am a bit torn with the whole thing, I liked Diana.I think the way she was treated was dispicable. Charles is a prat but thats the way he has been brought up. The Royals just don't live in the real world. The fact that he and Camilla were having an affair all those years obviously proves they love each other and he should never have married Diana in the first place. She was way to good for him.
I just hope that they can find some happiness together. Doesn't everybody deserve that. I don't think anybody wants Charles as King, not just because of this issue but because he is a weak, easily manipulated man without any personality.
Yikes have I just gone political. Sorry.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Anyone notice how Prince Harry looks more like Major James Hewitt than Charles...even has the same hair colour as him Shock
William has definately been bred for the throne - I don't think queeny could care less what Charles does now.
Oh would love to have that coat that Camilla's daughter was wearing.
Dianne
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the explanation on Edward April. That explains it better. I didn't know that about her, makes more sense now. Ofcourse they don't give all those other bits of info on TV, they just say it's because she was divorced.

I too think that Charles and Camilla were meant to be together and should be. But I'm torn on whether he should still become king. I don't think he should have it all. His behavior doesn't seem worthy of being a king.
I think maybe he should pass it on to William. After all, being Royal comes with great wealth and privilege and at the very least, we should expect him to act in a proper manner as an example to all. Isn't the royal's salaries paid at least in part by the people?

I think Cheeks is so right in that public opinion would skyrocket for both of them if he handed the throne over to William over this. True love conquers all, the respect they would get!!!

I heard on the national news last night that the queen didn't say a single word to Camilla at the service. In fact, the queen left the church, posed for pictures and walked right past Camilla and got into her car! Didn't say one word!!! Doesn't that say volumes!!!!
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Rosebud, I've thought the same thing about Prince Harry -- have the tabloids over there ever hinted at anything of the sort? BTW, I only got a glimpse of the wedding, but have to say that I'm happy for them. And all you Brits will hate me for this but I never liked Diana! Please forgive me, but her "shyness" seemed put-on to me and she seemed a bit too coy and manipulative (reminds me of my mother-in-law). She did a lot of good deeds, though and I admire her for that. She was an excellent ambassador for her country. But Charles must've found a soul mate in Camilla since she's no looker, to be sure. Royalty has outlived its usefulness regarding political alliances, etc. It's main purpose now seems to be limited to public relations. Since Prince Charles has squandered the goodwill of the people, maybe those of you who think he should defer to Prince William have made an astute point.
Dianne
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
I really need to stop watching and reading so much about the royal wedding....today my mother in law phoned from Regina (I'm in BC) and asked me about the weather and if everything was in bloom here. I replied "yes, my camilla is in full bloom". Obviously I meant to say 'camelia'. My Mother in law replied laughing "she certainly was yesterday wasn't she?"

Geez, I need a life!
Caspers Mum

Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Didn't see the wedding, but saw the news, as well as photos in the paper. I think that Charles should have been allowed to marry Camilla 30-odd years ago.

She is not the most attractive woman in the World. This is true. However, nor is he. It doesn't matter what the public think. They love each other, and one has to admit that Camilla has certainly stood by her man, through thick and thin.

She could be a lot more attractive; she has a nice profile. Losing the feathered, side-sweeping, poofy, winged hair-do would help, as would brightening her washed-out, mousey colour. Her teeth need a bit of TLC too; she often looks like she is grimacing when she smiles. Let's contact ABC's "Extreme Make-Over", and see if they'll take on the task of helping the new Mrs. Windsor. Dancing
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
She could be a lot more attractive; she has a nice profile. Losing the feathered, side-sweeping, poofy, winged hair-do would help, as would brightening her washed-out, mousey colour. Her teeth need a bit of TLC too; she often looks like she is grimacing when she smiles. Let's contact ABC's "Extreme Make-Over", and see if they'll take on the task of helping the new Mrs. Windsor.

Very Happy Can see you are feeling better. Good to have your humor back.

Winnie
Cheeks
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
Caspers Mum wrote:
I think that Charles should have been allowed to marry Camilla 30-odd years ago.

I don't think Charles was ever 'not' allowed to marry Camilla, from what I can recall he cooled things down himself when he chose his career in the Navy over the romance and then she married Parker Bowles rather than hang around (unless I am completely wrong and I am sure someone will tell me!!! Very Happy )

T x
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:04 am      Reply with quote
Yes Cheeks your right, he cooled things down and chose the navy, and she married someone else...

I just think he married Diana purely for children....He didnt give the marriage a chance as he was carrying on with Camilla throughout. If he hadnt been so selfish Diana might still be alive today....

As you can probably tell, I've no time for Charles or Camilla...! Shock

Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |