Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Your Favorite Drugstore Finds
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cheezwiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
I've seen all the raves on this board for high-end spa products. How about products from the other end of the spectrum?

Lately I've been using pre-moistened facial cloths from Dove (sensitive skin formulation). These are perfect for removing make-up - especially around the eyes. They do not sting or irritate my skin, and leave my face feeling clean & soft.

What are some of your bargain finds from the drugstore? Do you have cleansers, masks or cosmetics you adore?
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
Palmer's cocoa butter stuff.
Does that count?
Also usually buy mascara from chemist, especially as I change it every two months or something, and I don't wear it often. Not partial to any particular brand tho.
aprilha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:46 am      Reply with quote
maddy,
what kinda mascara does your chemist provide?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:11 am      Reply with quote
• Jergen’s Natural Glow self-tanning body lotion;

• Auro (tooth-whitening) ear drops (click here for product details: http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=12428&catid=50360&trx=PLST-0-SRCH&trxp1=50360&trxp2=12428&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-SRCH);

• Toothbrush with built-in polishing pads (click here for product details: http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jhtml?id=prod1127111&skuid=sku1127101&CATID=100211&navAction=push&navCount=0 or http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jhtml?id=prod2079&skuid=sku302079&CATID=100211&navAction=push&navCount=0)

• Max Factor Lash Lift mascara
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:19 am      Reply with quote
Sally Hansen Lip Conditioner + Plumper

Excellent lip moisturizer....and works great under lipstick/gloss.

Lori
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:33 am      Reply with quote
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer. It's a sheer foundation with Retinol, SPF 20, oil-free and only $12.00!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:06 am      Reply with quote
MystyPines wrote:
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer. It's a sheer foundation with Retinol, SPF 20, oil-free and only $12.00!

I'm giving this a second (if tentative) second. I find even the palest shade to be abit murky looking, but, on paper it's fantastic.

Other faves for me are:

Citre Shine hair serum
L'Oreal Wrinkle Decrease serum
Totally Juicy Apricot scrub
Maybelline Full 'N' Soft mascara
Thayers Rose toner
Ocean Potion oil-free sunblock. (The one in a little jar. Smells like a creamsicle and fits easily in my bag.)
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Sometimes I use Max Factor Concealer.
Always use cheap mascara, no particular brand though - after I bought a MAC one which was far too clumpy I won't spend a fortune on mascara.
Face wash from Asda.
Used to use Nivia oil free moisturiser.
Rimmel eye shaodows
Rimmel eye liner
Rimmel and Boots 17 Nail varnish (I hardly wear nail pollish so always buy cheaper stuff Embarassed )
Nivea body lotion
and I won't even start on shampoo and conditioner!!! Very Happy
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Jojoba oil! for removing eye makeup, makeup or moisturizing.

Revlon wet/dry eyeshadow quads

Cover Girl Tru blend

Almay amazing lasting eyeliner

Prestige wp eyeliners

Wet N Wild #666 lip liner

Maybelline brow gel

Maybelline lash expansion (one of my faves)

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Agave wrote:
Agave -

Please be careful with using any store-bought apricot scrubs if you are using them on your face. The jagged shell particles that give apricot scrubs their "scrubbing" ability can actually cause microscopic tears to the skin! Maybe the brand you're using is different/better, but I used St. Ives Apricot Scrub when I was a young teen (back in the early 80s -- before I knew any better) and I can see the damage it did to my skin now and I would never, ever use anything like that on my face again -- I don't even know if I would be willing to use it on my body, either...so, please be careful! If you absolutely *must* use an apricot scrub, use it with a light hand and don't scrub to hard!! You won't notice the damage until it's too late....
queenkatez
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Cetaphil cleanser - extremely gentle, never leaves your face feeling dry and tight.

Prestige lipliner (in "Natural")
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:00 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Agave wrote:
Agave -

Please be careful with using any store-bought apricot scrubs if you are using them on your face. The jagged shell particles that give apricot scrubs their "scrubbing" ability can actually cause microscopic tears to the skin! Maybe the brand you're using is different/better, but I used St. Ives Apricot Scrub when I was a young teen (back in the early 80s -- before I knew any better) and I can see the damage it did to my skin now and I would never, ever use anything like that on my face again -- I don't even know if I would be willing to use it on my body, either...so, please be careful! If you absolutely *must* use an apricot scrub, use it with a light hand and don't scrub to hard!! You won't notice the damage until it's too late....

Hi Carekate!

You are my guardian angel! Very Happy

The TJ Apricot is actually pretty "mealy" feeling, if that makes sense. Not really jagged or harsh like other cheapie scrubs such as St. Ives or Aapri. I don't use it often though and disperse with a cleanser.

I'll tell you what tore my face up... DDF Pumice Scrub. I don't know what I was thinking that it would be okay for my face (says face and body.) I've never gone red and raw from anything in my life till this product. Shock

I think I need to invest in a nice dermabrasion product. I thought Dr. Brandt's was fairly decent, but, was too much money for how much comes in a pot. Maybe I should EpidermX? Think
coosi
5% products discount

Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Razz Hi All!

I love Olay Age-Defying Cleanser and Walgreens Alpha Hydroxy Lotion!

And I really love a bargain! Great thread...
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:31 am      Reply with quote
agrave,

I got the Loreal Microdermabrasion Kit for $20 CDN and it came with a free eye makeup remover worth $10. I was going to the the avon cream, but I couldn't resist this deal. It works great, but be gentle around any active acne.

I've also used a product called crystal peel which is nice, but I don't notice much difference between that and the loreal
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:43 am      Reply with quote
My cheaper favourites:
*Bodylotions from L'Oreal
*The eyemakeup-remover from L'Oreal
*Facial wipes from Simple (removes even waterproof mascara!)
*Mascaras from Maybelline and Max Factor.

Probably also more that I don't remember at the moment.
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Oh forgot one! Rimmel eye remover (fairly new and carried at Walmart/Ulta), cheap and noooo tearing/stinging, love it! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:15 am      Reply with quote
I second the replies on Prestige cosmetics - they are among my favorite eyeshadows of all time! Beautiful finely milled texture - right up there with high-end dept. store brands.
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Aprilha-

I use any mascara I can find- am not fussy as I have never really noticed a difference in quality out of any mascara I have ever tried- including expensive and cheaper ones. At the moment am using a Clinique one I got as a sample when I bought an eyeshadow, but this is nearing its throw out date. Chemist brands here include stuff like Maybelline, Max factor or L'Oreal. Doesn't really matter which, I guess.
This is really interesting thread tho!
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Heaven help me, but I sooo love Dove Soap. I've been using it since I was a teenager, and it's been a staple ever since. Never dried out my skin, and never had one problem with it!

Also - Maybelline Eyemakeup remover
Max Factor Brow Groomer
Revlon Cheek Tints
Lash Out Mascara - L'Oreal
Was lovin' Oil of Olay Regenerist, but giving it a break to see if the silicones are causing a problem.

Maria Laughing

5% products discount

Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Brilliant Brunette line of hair care

Maybelline Lash DIscovery Mascara

Blistex tinted lip balm - a fab lip gloss that is YLBB
cheezwiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
For all you Canadian girls out there:

Some of my favorite bargain-priced cleansers/body washes are produced by Shoppers Drug Mart.

Shoppers carries a line of facial cleansers under the Life Brand. Though they aren't "organic", they clearly state all the ingredients, and many of their products contain vitamins E, C & almond oils. Relatively simple, nothing too scary or indecipherable. Best of all they are very cheap!!

Highly recommend these. Smile
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Agave wrote:
Agave -

My sister recommended st ives for me when i was about 15...that stuff ruins sensitive skin! back then i definately did not know better, and thought that the bare feeling i got was good for me...it turned my skin so red and blotchy..very evil stuff.
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
I use Neutrogena's Hydrating facial masks every once in awhile...i always wondered if anyone else tried them and what they thought. but if i have any dry skin patches..they remove them and make my skin feel baby soft....
Sweet Pea
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:28 am      Reply with quote
Cool Cool Cool My favorite: Jergen's Natural Glow Cool Cool Cool

5% products discount

Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:31 am      Reply with quote
purpleturtle - Do you mean the paper mask?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |