Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Jan Marini Daily Face Protectant
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:10 am      Reply with quote
I've just received this and really like it. The smell is amazing and it's not greasy; feels a bit slick going on-not like the skinceuticals spf 20 which feels dry but a bit thick, but dries to a matte finish.Love that fruity (mango?) smell. I actually look forward to putting it on.

That said, for all you guys with mortgages or unsympathetic husbands (I got both), the dermadoctor body guard has the same ingredients and sells at $25 u.s. Not only that, but it's double the size. Okay, so you won't get that delicious mango scent. Buy the fruit. I'll probably throw it in my next sephora order when I'm short for the free shipping. Again, I haven't tried the dermadoctor, just going by the ingredient list and reviews.

BTW, I finally got a sample of Murad's eye cream for menopausal skin (is't that an awful way to market it?). The sample was enough (I kid you not) for one eye!!!! Geez, could they spare it??? Rolling Eyes
Mabsy

Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
This sounds lovely Marina and I like the idea of a matt finish with a mango smell to it Smile I think this might be the same product that Winnie has been raving about. I've got to finally try this out...
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:41 am      Reply with quote
Marina-
Review was great.
Can you order from Sephora, or is there one in Montreal? This shop sounds like some sort of skincare mecca, would love to see one, but if i can order from them would be fine for now!

Thanks again for review!
maddy
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:25 am      Reply with quote
I order from Sephora.com-there is one in Canada, but it's in Toronto (of course)!! What's great is they do the exchange on Canadian orders right away along with duties (most of the time there is no duty, unless the product is manufactured elsewhere, like Sue Devitt which is from Australia I think). This way, I know exactly what I'm paying-Visa always takes a cut on exchange rates)

U.K. web site not launched yet, but I think Mabsy orders from Sephora.Dermadoctor, if you're interested in this one,ships internationally.

Mabsy, I'm not sure if it's Mango-just some sort of exotic fruit. Joanie and Winnie would know. I just like the smell. I never did like unfragranced products. I like something I enjoy putting. Fortunately, I'm not allergic.
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for that! Very Happy
Will check out the websites and see.
maddy
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi all, I'm not sure what flavor the Marini sunscreen is hum...mango with maybe pinapple? I'm really sensitive to scents, they give me migraines and asthma, but the scent in this product does not trigger either of these conditions. It is quite pleasant and I enjoy using it which makes me use it everyday which is very important here in Florida. I'm interested in the the dermadoctor body guard, but mortgage be damned...I love the scent of the Marini product and I'm worth it Exclamation (just don't tell my hubby Wink) joani
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

This sounds like just what I need. I'm really not enjoying my Skinceuticals ultimate defence. Joani you're in Florida so I'm guessing it must be effective against the rays. I see it has a couple of non-chemical ingredients so I wonder if it's ok to put on under makeup and leave it all day or whether you need to redo it every couple of hours.

Also does it give any colour at all? The Skinceuticals seems to dim my glow significantly despite how much others like it and although it's supposed to be transclucent.

Cheers
M
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Molly, I never re-apply the Marini sunscreen for normal activities. It has a 30 spf rating. If I'm gardening, I'll reapply it if I'm sweating. I'll just rinse my face and put some more on. It's easy sinse I don't wear make-up when gardening. I also wear a hat. But for every day wear, I have never had to re-apply it. I put it on under make up and forget about it. The Marini sunscreen does not leave a dull film. It is a nice matte, velvet finish. I have used Skinceuticals and I have never liked the sunscreen. It seemed to heavy and white-ish. It was one of the few products in the line that I though could be better. Hope this helps, joani
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
Joani

Thanks a million. That's so useful because you've had exactly the same problem as me with the Skinceuticals ultimate UV. I'll use my lucky EDS voucher and get it right now.

M
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:55 am      Reply with quote
I really like the Jan Marini sunscreen, but when asked about the ingredients avobenzone was mentionned-this from the Jan Marini site. Now that I have the tude, the sunscreen ingredients don't list avobenzone-Joanie, does yours? Confused
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:18 am      Reply with quote
marina, I just checked both the bottle of the face protectant and the tube of the tinted formula and both list avobenzone. All of the active sunscreening agents are listied as exactly the same... Hum, that is odd that yours does not Confused I'm sure whether it is in the tube or the bottle, it must be the same stuff. I can't imagine why they would change the formula? You may want to email them.

molly, let us know how you like it!

joani
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:33 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:

That said, for all you guys with mortgages or unsympathetic husbands (I got both), the dermadoctor body guard has the same ingredients and sells at $25 u.s. Not only that, but it's double the size. Okay, so you won't get that delicious mango scent. Buy the fruit. I'll probably throw it in my next sephora order when I'm short for the free shipping. Again, I haven't tried the dermadoctor, just going by the ingredient list and reviews.

I have the Dermadoctor Body Guard, but have never tried the JM. I really like the Body Guard for my body because it is light and sinks right in. I guess I never thought about using it on my face Idea Thanks; will try this soon Very Happy

Tina
Terihe
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:56 am      Reply with quote
Does anybody know if the tinted version of this sunscreen contains fragrance. I like this sunscreen but it does have a little to much fragrance in it.
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I have the tinted version and it does have a fragrance. It is not as strong as the non-tinted version, but you can smell it in the tube. At first, did not like the tinted as much as the non-tinted, but I wore the tinted yesterday instead of make-up and I'm starting to like it. I was outside in the Florida sun all day and it really held up. No greasy feel at all Exclamation
Terihe
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Joani, I like the untinted one but its a little heavy on the fragrance. I am going to have to order the tinted version because I really like the way this makes my face feel and you are right its not greasy at all.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |