Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Aging Hands
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Tija
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Is there anything like facial exercises, that can help plump up the skin on aging hands?

Thank you!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:26 am      Reply with quote
I believe there are a few threads on this already - so wonder if you have tried searching. For me, I know when I did the pinching and twisting massage that seemed to thicken up the skin on the back of my hands.
I also tend to do a scrub at times which definitely helps the texture of the skin to thicken too as well as remodelling agents. Obviously protecting your hands from UVA and UVB damage is a must (I wish I had done this moreso in my younger years!)
Tija wrote:
Is there anything like facial exercises, that can help plump up the skin on aging hands?

Thank you!
Tija
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, TheresaMary I will do a search. I have not been doing pinching or rolling yet, I was aware of it. I wasn't sure if it would make my hands worse, as I thought perhaps the way the skin attaches to the muscles, is different? In any case, I will have a read of other previous threads.

I did not wear any sunscreen on my hands this past summer, and I regret that. I find most sun damage comes from driving and inn general gardening too, even if I wore gloves all the time. I have been doing copper peptides, and also exfoliants from Skin Biology for the last 2 months. It has helped tremendously, but I am still unhappy. don't know what it is, but it seems like all women hate their hands?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:18 am      Reply with quote
The pinching n rolling comes from Deb Crowley and FlexEffect but it makes sense to me if it works on the face it would work on the hands and there are probably differences anatomy wise 😆 but I tried it and it worked for me but if you don’t want to do it then don’t.

Very few of us wore sunscreen prior to the 90’s and then when we realised to trouble uva and uvb damage could do it was a shocker. I remember hearing my derm tell one of his patients that 90% of his work was all about issues caused by uva and uvb damage or exposure that people had in their teen years. So nowadays I don’t leave the house without wearing sunscreen. Also my dear hubby had skin cancer a few years ago so that really hit home and from that point forward I became a convert and even today I slather my grandchildren in it when they visit me.

Great re CPs and exfoliating - that definitely will help!
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
I would also like to add that products you use for your face should be applied to neck, chest and also your hands.

I agree sunscreen is a must.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:27 am      Reply with quote
You are so right here. My derm had me using strong sunscreen since I can remember, and during the 90's we learned about UVA and UVB damage and didn't have protection prior to that but I used it religiously since then and I swear that my hands actually look good for me age. I also used to carry sunscreen in my handbag and in the car, and I used to use it when getting into the car too and my friends at hte time all thought I was nuts, but when I compare my hands to theirs - my hands look younger as a result.

Autumn1995 wrote:
I would also like to add that products you use for your face should be applied to neck, chest and also your hands.

I agree sunscreen is a must.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:30 am      Reply with quote
I would add that use a retinol on them as well. I'm using cereva retinol on mine. I don't want to use a 1 percent retinol on the delicate skin..it would be too strong. I also am using a mineral sunscreen

Bottom line.. I don't get why as I get older veins start showing on my hands... I can't find any information on how to keep veins from becoming more visible as we get older. That is more the problem than anything.

Also.. I have gotten filler in my hands to hide the vein problem about three times over the last many years .. and it works beautifully. It may be the best cure.
Tija
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Hotdocgirl thanks for your recommendations! I think maybe veins are more visible because the skin has gotten thinner. Yesterday I did dermarolling on my hands for the 1st time and I was astounded at the results today. They look much younger!!! I used a 1.5 mm . It's a nice strength and not strong enough to make my hands bleed, so they look pretty good today and I am sure they will look even better tomorrow. After I dermarolled I put on some Skin Biology Copper peptides and then some retin A before bed. I'll see how it goes but so far I am really impressed and amazed. I wish I would have tried this years ago!!
piscesgirlrenee
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Tija, please post an update on your skin after the inflammation subsides. Thanks!

5% products discount

Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone suggest DIY recipe to remove the aging spots. I have a lot of them on my arms and legs.
Organicskincare55
5% products discount

Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Two of the main culprits of aging hands are the sun's UV rays and harsh soaps.

I'd recommend applying sunscreen to your hands every day before you step outside.

In addition, check to see what kind of soap you're using and if it's stripping out too much of your skin's natural oils.
Priya Le Vesque

Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there,

For aging skin on the hands, definitely moisturizing them regularly is important, expecially with UV protection when going outside. Another tip is when you are cleaning or doing dishes, always wear gloves where possible. This further helps protect the skin.

In terms of making the skin appear more "youthful" applying a lotion or cream after washing your hands and bathing helps to trap water in your skin, which can plump up your skin.

A simple home remedy you can try is massaging your hands. It will help you feel relaxed, but it also increases blood flow and will tighten up sagging skin. Once every two weeks, shake out your hands (just like if you were dancing Smile) Do this for about 60 seconds and then you will want to put 3-4 drops of olive oil onto your left palm. Then using small circular movements and moderate level pressure, you're going to work your right thumb over your palm and up and down each finger. Turn over your hand do this again for the other hand.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |