Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Horrified by jowls & sagging chin (photo)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
jen00
5% products discount

Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:33 am      Reply with quote
Hello. I'm looking for any advice or suggestions. I caught sight of my profile yesterday in a mirror and I was shocked at how my jowls have developed. I've compared myself to a photo taken 12 mths ago and the rate of decline is shocking. Goodness how bad it will look in another 12 mths if I don't do something fast Shock

The area under my chin is sagging and my jowls are growing quickly Shock I would really like to see an improvement asap as I'm feeling very self conscious. I feel stupid for not keeping an eye on this situation. I haven't been checking my side profile even though I knew that jowls were starting to develop. Its really upset me. I suspect I need to save up for a facelift but I'm hoping someone can suggest things that will help in the meantime. Radio frequency? Dermal roller? Massage? Paper bag over my head?! Embarassed

I'm not allowed to post an image but hopefully you can work out the link to my photo below. There are no brackets in the address.

pasteboard (dot)co (forward slash) IQpj7dK.png
radieschen79
5% products discount

Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Jen,

deep micro-needling has helped me a lot with sagging skin. For skin elasticity I would recommend micro-needling/deep derma-rolling with a Matrixyl serum, for example "Matrixyl 10% + HA" or "The Buffet" from The Ordinary. These serums are pretty cheap and if you put them directly on your skin while needling, so they can penetrate deep into the skin, you will see results with elasticity and collagen production.

Wishing you all the best.
Aweshine

Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Jen,

I would recommend massage and some facial exercises. Those can make the area firmer. I am sure that microneedling can help the skin, but to get deeper you need to work on the structures of your face which are the muscles. I have seen a difference in my face. There are many programs out there, and many free sample videos to try to start with. One is for example face yoga method, it always makes me feel good, and is very popular. Check some before/after photos, they speak for themselves.

Also, diet plays a big part. Try to eat healthy and avoid extra sugars. I see clearly that losing weight diminishes the extra fat I have in my jaw area. I know that with age losing weight might leave sagging skin, but you could try to see what a few pounds would do to you. If you avoid carbs you could see swelling go away from your face, which alone can make a difference.

Smile and keep your chin up!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:17 am      Reply with quote
So I would echo the others about face exercises and massage. These are easy and simply but take time to work. The other thing I would mention is that often we are our own worst critics and we think our flaws are so obvious to everyone else but they rarely notice them, so take heart. Whilst I know its frustrating when you see these things, often others rarely recognise them.
jen00
5% products discount

Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:50 am      Reply with quote
Thank you everyone for your lovely messages. I will certainly try all your suggestions. I think I'm being a bit paranoid because I have to look for a new job this year and I know I'm up against younger women. It sounds silly but my industry is very ageist. I feel a lot more positive now I've read your replies so a big heartfelt thank you
foxy1
5% products discount

Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Jen I looked at your pic and I don't see a big problem that couldn't be improved with some easy facial exercise. Take a look at Tom Hagerty's site - he has a lot of good free exercises including ones for neck. shapeyourface dot com/

Don't think I've made enough posts to make the above a proper link, but I do lurk over here quite a lot because I love the positive attitude most of these ladies have Very Happy

Good luck.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:33 am      Reply with quote
Jen, just seen your post and wanted to comment but realise it was posted back in January. It isn't silly at all, and the world is ageist unfortunately but age can also be of benefit to.

I'm in my 70's now and am fortunate to have had a very good life. I've had my struggles and strains (hubby was diagnosed with cancer several years ago) and my children are now fully grown and I am actually in a place where I am enjoying life. Its not to say I don't have off days, but I also know that my age is actually a benefit to me as I've nearly seen everything and done everything before so very little shocks me or surprises me nowadays.

So Id encourage you to look at how your age is actually a benefit and advantage compared to younger women (as it will be in some way).Good luck with the job search!
jen00 wrote:
Thank you everyone for your lovely messages. I will certainly try all your suggestions. I think I'm being a bit paranoid because I have to look for a new job this year and I know I'm up against younger women. It sounds silly but my industry is very ageist. I feel a lot more positive now I've read your replies so a big heartfelt thank you
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:04 am      Reply with quote
I have been doing exercises in this video and i think it has helped. i also lost weight as i gained a lot after child birth, and notice a firmer looking face.

i tend to do the exercises before a shower or even in the shower since i think it helps reduce risk of more wrinkles with some of the moves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taW8ZA3zjKE&list=PL2MblP4aEsjCpWlLfH6M7G_r6biIA1P2V&index=3&t=0s

Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |