Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Dr Hauschka Bronzer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
OK so I wanted this for ages and read review after review about how wonderful this stuff was.
So I got it and it's really not lived up to its expectations.
My normal make-up routine normally involves Day Oil, once that has dried a bit of concealer here and there, blush/bronzer and a little eye liner. I only put on powder if I'm going out out!
So I did as it said and put it on just after the normalising day oil.
As the day went on I just looked like I was wearing one of those really cheap foundations and my skin was an oil slick, PLUSS I BROKE OUT!!!!
So a few days later tried putting the bronze concentrate on after the day oil had sunk into my skin....same result.
Then tried mixing in palm of hand and again the same.
I know everyone calls MAC but after trying this and Bare Escentuals it has just made me even more loyal to MAC, nothing gives me a better finish!!!
Am just a little p******* off that I went and spent my money on these. Same goes for the Jane Iredale 24 Carrat Gold Mine, it was £26 on this site and really my MAC bronzer with shimmer looks better than this and then the hairs started to fall out of the brush Sad
I really wish I could go back and have gone on a MAC spending spree instead. Sad Sad Sad
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
Aww, poor rosebud Sad ***lots of sympathy for you.

Just a thought, you are mixing the bronzer with moisturiser before putting it on though right?
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I think maybe it's just not for me.
Oh Izecka have been going on make-up alley and I'm too impatient Rolling Eyes
I know I only have about 4 items Laughing but I'm one of those people who spring clean about once a week and hate clutter!!!
Have also found that I see something I really want and then the other swapper is not interested in my stuff and vice verca.
How do these people with huge lists store their stuff - some of them must need a whole wardrobe!!!
Oh to top it off with the bronzer, m-i-l came round and said heres a little gift......Dr H Bronzer!!!!! Rolling Eyes
So I have 2!!!
My sister has her eye on it so I guess it's her's oh well have to laugh - more to life than cosmetics. And when I think about it you never know when I'm all tanned after the summer it may look ok....hmmm
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing (laughing WITH you my dear)
Oh, what can I say? Could be worse.. Umm not sure exactly *how* right now, but just know that it could be worse.

I'm pissed at the moment cos I am never satisfied. As soon as I get around to making my mind up and finally ordering something, SOMETHING ELSE will miraculously become a must have Rolling Eyes Ugh. Brick wall Honestly we're a right bunch eh? Chin up m'dear Very Happy
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
I know!!!!
Last year my obsession was buying plants, the year before books, it's just a phaze I know Laughing
I hate that when you think of something else you should have ordered. I research everything to death Laughing
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
izecka are you a hidden member??
How do I hide??
It might look like I have a life then Laughing
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Yes Anxious
Click on "Profile" in the top right of the page, scroll down and "Hide your online status" is one of the options near the bottom of the page.

I actually spent so much time on here that they banned this site at work. I was mortified. So now I kinda think if I'm hidden, it's kinda like I'm not really on here all that much and I don't have a serious problem Embarassed Laughing
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:12 am      Reply with quote
Just a little update on the bronzer - I recently got this out again and thought seeing as though I've got so much of the stuff, I may as well give it another go.
My skin is really quite clear at the moment with some blemishes and scaring. I am finding that I like to wear less and less make-up, so I tried this out on my no make-up days and have found that it does even out the skin tone and seems to give almost a luminous shine to the skin but at the same time I don't look oily shiney. I just look more like I have a healthy glow.
I haven't had any more outbreaks after the first time I used this which is very good - I'm thinking now maybe it was my hormones Embarassed
So yes now that I have gotten used to the bronzer I really like it Very Happy Laughing
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:06 am      Reply with quote
I love the stuff. I usually mix it with a bit of moisturizer, but it has largely replaced foundation, especially in the summer.
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the Bronze Concentrate. It did take some experimentation though. How it looks on my skin really depends on what moisturizer it's mixed with. I found it was way too shiny with the Rose Day Cream but with the Alba Botanica Jasmine & Vitamin E Moisture Cream it is just right. I have other moisturizers to try it with but I may stick with the Alba for a while.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |