Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
senta maria runge facial exercise
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
winterwhite11

Tue May 05, 2020 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
hello, i wonder if anyone has done the facial exercises by senta maria runge . if so can you please help me with a few questions.
when you do the cheek exercise it says that you need to hold the laugh line..it says MAKE SURE YOU ARE HOLDING THE LAUGHLINE MUSCLE AND NOT A BIT BELOW.
so when she says a bit below ..does below mean the side of the laugh line that is near the mouth or the side of the laughline that is nearer the cheek and eye.
so if a bit below means nearer the mouth then that would mean i would need to do the pincer hold for resistance just above the laugh line nearest the cheek area?
i,m not sure if anyone can understand what i just wrote, i,m confusing myself even.
also i wondered if facial exercises make you look worse before they get better.i read someone say yes and someone say no??.
if they do make you look worse first then why is that?
i ask because i think my nasolabial folds and marionette lines look worse since doing these exercises..i have been doing them about 2 weeks. 6 days a week.
are you meant to do every day ? it says do 6 days a week in my sm runge book but i have read that you need to let muscles rest a day after exercise..i,m not sure if that go,s for facial exercises as well.
i hope someone can help please..thankyou so much.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 05, 2020 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
I have the book by SMR but never really did her exercises. I’m a visual learner and so struggle with just text and there is a lot of info in there that just used to confuse me. senta maria runge . if so can you please help me with a few questions.

Now she has a few cheek exercises, so I’m not sure which one you are referring to. I know she used to have a tv program and I once emailed the contact to see if there were any plans to get that onto a dvd but never heard back and so gave up – but they have a goldmine there waiting to come into production lol.

Now facial exercises can make you look worse before you look better. From memory she suggests starting out 6x a week but then gradually you back down to 3x a week etc the longer you do them. The reason they make you look worse before you look better is you kind of are using muscles that have been dormant for such a long time and you are putting stress into them. So in that stressful period the face often looks worse initially in the beginning, but as time progresses your face stops getting so stressed about the process.

For me, I think doing them 6x a week is too much too soon. Most programs make recommendations depending on your age and your level of fitness and facial exercises are no different. So someone in their 30’s doesn’t need to do 5x a week (this is just my experience and opinion I have to add). However someone in their 60s who is dealing with a lot of issues needs to do 5x a week. Also not all facial exercise programs are the same, some will not have you use gloves like SMR’s does, some do not involving pulling on muscles and using resistance, some like Facercise rarely include finger resistance in pulling and contracting muscles (like SMR) and then others are very hands on but short and sweet (Ageless for example is a great program that’s short and doesn’t take hours to do).
winterwhite11

Wed May 06, 2020 10:54 am      Reply with quote
thankyou so much for your quick answer. its very kind of you.
I enjoy doing the sm runge exercises but because I am unsure where to grip on the laugh line and smile line I guess I will stop doing them. it says if you grip in the wrong place that I will stretch the muscle or fat..i forgot which one.
its disappointing because even though I,ve only been doing them for a few weeks I can feel the difference.
I will have a look at the one you mentioned. do you do that ,if so how long and do you get good noticeable results?
I was also going to check out happy face yoga . I wonder what you think of that one?
thankyou again for your reply.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2020 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Well you see, the thing is I have done facial exercises for a long time and nowadays I dont follow any one program but do a combo of exercises from different programs because I know my face well.
Thats the thing you learn as time goes by but in the beginning I stuck to guidelines.

There was a tv show but I've never got an answer as nowadays I would be sure that they could put them onto a dvd or find them online but alas no. There is a clip on the website of SMR teaching people one exercise which is good. However I think they could show more demos or clips of her tv show.

I do bits of all programs. Ageless is quick and easy and I do bits of it. When it comes to the face you will often find the face very quick to respond to any program. Happy Face Yoga is great, but so is the original (think its called Yoga Facial toning).

There are loads of programs out there and they are all valid. I am pretty sure there was a thread about Happy Face yoga a little while ago so you might want to search that and read it.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2020 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Actually the original website where the video demo was has been removed:

http://www.faceliftingbyexercise.com

It is a goldmine waiting to happen LOL.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |