Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

If you could design your own, perfect *spa-like*, bathroom
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
What elements would it contain? Hey, I can dream, right? Very Happy

I'd start with a spacious room. Then I'd have a jetted tub that I could stretch out in--I'm 5'8" tall and am tired of short tubs!

I'd have a separate shower, too, that I could step right into after my bath.

I'd have two sinks.

I'd have PLENTY of cabinet space.

I'd have a large well lit mirror with a vanity to sit at and do makeup.

I'd have a bidet.

I'd have a great ventilation/heating system.

Skylights.

That's it for starters Very Happy
Mabsy

Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:00 am      Reply with quote
Honestly, all I want from my bathroom is a nice big bath, plenty of natural light, large mirror and *lots* of practical shelf/drawer space. The most important thing that I desire is that the bathroom be self cleaning Embarassed
deacon
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:38 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for starting the thread, Redd77. I have gotten complacent over the past few years. My husband is a builder and I have that bathroom you described. I just haven't looked at it with a true appreciation for a few years. I forgot how wonderful it really is! All I seem to see is tons of tile that needs to be scoured.....

I don't have the bidet, but he tells me he is being asked to put them in more and more (high end) houses these days here in Philadelphia.

One thing I do still appreciate every time I take a winter shower (especially in the cold months), my tile floor is heated. That is luxury, if you can remember to turn it on....

It is funny how fast we can take things for granted. My single gal apartment bathroom offered the nastiest stained with God knows what carpet that you couldn't throw an area rug on because no one makes an area rug quite that small..... a single bulb on a pull chain and if you need to use the throne, watch you don't sit down too fast otherwise you'll slam your knees on the tub... Adorable ancient and historically significant house, but the bathroom wasn't updated after 1960, I imagine! I'm sure you get the picture! I think I am going to take a bath today.....
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:25 am      Reply with quote
It would be exactly the same as the Venetian's in Las Vegas, the only difference is I would have the bathroom overlooking the strip, so that I would have something to look at when I'm in the bath Very Happy
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:52 am      Reply with quote
I would go with all the above and add a waterproof PC and TV.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:15 am      Reply with quote
And adding on to the growing wishlist, I would also want a small refrigerator to store any perishible products (like the homemade ACV, Dr. H. CC).

Or is that really going overboard? Embarassed
doinita
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
I just had a bath Crying or Very sad I am 5.9 and the tub is too small...I hate that.I want to install my steamer shower which is sitting in the garage for lack of space in the bathroom.
Shock Do you keep your cosmetics in the bathrooms?I don't.Mine are in the bedroom Embarassed
doinita
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
And YES, like at Venetian in Las Vegas.
Laughing I am happy, also, with the ones from Venice-Italy. Wink
doinita
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
I forgot!!!
I want Brad Pitt, too, in my very luxury bathroom. Embarassed How expesive that will be Question
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
My cosmetics are spread between bathroom and bedroom, some hidden. Some things I have 1 of each in both rooms. Because with a teenage daughter and sons that shower everyday I can't always get in bathroom when I want. So add one or two more large bathrooms to my list.
Well if you can have Brad I want Johnny Depp to be my personal bath toy and I want Jon Bon Jovi to sing live music to me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Well I have a velux in mine and a whirlpool bath (but it's too short for guapaboy Confused ). Shower's over the bath which is a bummer cos it is best to shower clean first and then get in the tub with all the yummy oils. Never mind. My makeup cabinet is 4' x 2' and just about holds everything and is mirrored inside and out. It's my fav thing in the house Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
All of the suggestions sound like heaven - and I would come to each and every one of your homes to try them out!!! You may have to drag me out of any that contain Mr. Pitt, Depp, and/or Bon Jovi however.

One thing to add to the shower would be another shower head at the opposite end so your significant other isn't hogging all of the water if you're both doing splashy in the shower at the same time.

I'd also like some kind of mirror that doesn't fog in the shower so I could see the back of my legs when I shave them. I'm prone to missing spots back there!

Maria Laughing

5% products discount

Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
I will take some of all the above but I think I would have Keith Urban washing my back... Cool
deacon
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Excuse my ignorance BUT what is a velux and what is a steamer shower?

Never heard of either......

If I check into the Venetian, can I experience either......Smile
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
The boyfriend loved the Venetian, this is hillarious - they have a seperate room for the toilet and so he would lock himself in 'on the crapper' with the huge seat that goes with the vanity unit and stay in there for about half an hour,......counting his money!!!!
Isn't that awful - I told his mum when we got back and she said oh he gets it from his father!!!
I tell you all the males I know spend about a half an hour on the toilet, I asked him about this and he says it's his thinking time, time for contemplation.
So now I stand outside and shout DO YOU NEED ME TO COME IN THERE DARLING AND SQUEEZE YOUR HEAD!!!
Laughing Laughing
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Man! What great ideas! Shock Laughing Wink
doinita
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:45 am      Reply with quote
Steam shower it is like a sauna with steam, so while you are having your shower, you can have a sauna too, or before your shower you can have a steam sauna .
Very expensive Crying or Very sad
Rosebud:my bf spends maybe 1 hour on the toilet every day.He has his own bathroom, he takes the newspaper and reads,....For me : I want to go in to do my things and go out...,what you think they like about sitting there Idea Laughing Laughing Laughing
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:32 am      Reply with quote
deacon wrote:
One thing I do still appreciate every time I take a winter shower (especially in the cold months), my tile floor is heated. That is luxury, if you can remember to turn it on....

Shock You are so lucky. I have never heard of heated floors. Your bathroom must be lovely.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Donnita I know!!!! It's major thinking time for them Idea
We have under floor heating so much better than central Very Happy
furry fish
5% products discount

Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:34 am      Reply with quote
adding on to red77's list of starters, would love to have a foot massager too! Very Happy
deacon
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie -- I had never heard of heated floors before I met my husband either. But they are wonderful! The floors, that is. He's not so bad either! Smile

The other thing I had never heard of and now couldn't live without is Central Vac. I have little outlets all over my house that I hook a super long hose into and then add vaccum attachments. The greatest feature though is in the kitchen - I sweep anything on the floor to the island in the center and then kick a little switch on the sideboard. It sucks all that gunk to the Central Vac canister in the basement....

As much as I love spa like luxuries, give me the cool kitchen stuff everytime.....
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
lots of nice tile, heated floors, glass shower, jacuzzi tub, 2 sinks, and completely chinchilla proof Very Happy
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
deacon wrote:
Winnie -- I had never heard of heated floors before I met my husband either. But they are wonderful! The floors, that is. He's not so bad either! Smile

The other thing I had never heard of and now couldn't live without is Central Vac. I have little outlets all over my house that I hook a super long hose into and then add vaccum attachments. The greatest feature though is in the kitchen - I sweep anything on the floor to the island in the center and then kick a little switch on the sideboard. It sucks all that gunk to the Central Vac canister in the basement....

As much as I love spa like luxuries, give me the cool kitchen stuff everytime.....

Shock :drools: Very Happy
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
i know this sounds insane

but i'd get the floors and ceilings covered in an LCD screen..

and on the floor project an image of a river in autumn with leaves flowing down stream. and on the floor it would be touch sensitive, and everywhere you touch it would leave a ripple, or it would look like you were standing in the water

and the ceiling be like a sky that changes dependent on the actual weather outside. :P

there was a place in Beijing i stayed at that had this...i could of lived in that bathroom :P
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:25 am      Reply with quote
deacon wrote:
That sounds amazing! We had a central-vac system in one of our apartments when we lived in Atlanta back in the early 80s, but the damn thing didn’t have any real suction so my sis and I would end up having to haul out the heavy vacumn cleaner and drag it all over the house (keeping the house clean was our “chore”)...but it sounds like they’ve vastly improved the systems in the past 25 years! I guess if/when I build my dream-home, that’ll be the first thing on the list!

This is a bit OT, but I don’t know about the rest of you who have puddy-tats, but I keep my cats litter boxes in the bathroom so I’m constantly having to sweep up the excess litter because it drives me I-N-S-A-N-E when I get out of the shower or bath with wet feet and immediately have a ton of gritty kitty stick to the soles of my feet!! And my cats *know* it makes me crazy so they go out of their way to shovel as much litter over the sides of the box/es as they possibly can! I’ve tried everything to stop it, from getting those covered litterboxes, to putting a textured mats down in front of them (because they’re theoretically supposed to force the cats toes to open up and drop the litter that’s caught between them onto the mat before they stop off onto the floor), but my cats only clench their toes tighter to ensure they don’t deposit their gritty gift until they can track it across the bathroom floor....

BTW, when we lived in the aforementioned apartment with the central vac system, it was while we were waiting for my dad and my evil stepmother’s ‘dream house’ to be finished being built. Janina-bitch had the very bathroom described by Red and Mabsy, right down to the bidet. I have to say that the entire two years that I lived in that house, the bidet was used maybe once – it was really just a waste of space! But then again...maybe some Americans aren’t as fastidious about their personal hygiene than some of our international counterparts! :oop:

They also had a jacuzzi in their bathroom and the entire ceiling was made of glass (plenty of natural light), but the damn thing leaked like a mother during rainy season although even I have to admit it was a gorgeous bathroom when the sun was shining – but a bitch to clean (sis and I had to take turns).... There was a big color TV on the wall above the jacuzzi, tilted down so you could watch from the tub, and mirrors all around it. Friday nights were the best for my sis and I because JB and my (p-whipped) father would lock themselves away in the bathroom for hours with a bottle of champagne and soak in the jacuzzi until they turned all pruney, while my sis and I had the run of the house. We’d raid the liquor cabinet and take some smokes out onto the 2nd-level balcony and have our own little celebration – yes, I was naughty girl back then Very Happy ....who was the author that said, “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times”? That about describes that particular period in my life. Confused
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |