Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Sagging skin - which at-home device? Microcurrent, RF, LED..
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bluesky
5% products discount

Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all. Like many fair-skinned women in their 40s, I've been sadly watching my face slide south over the past few years. I've been researching the at-home devices available for a couple of years now, but the more research I do, the more confused I get. (The fake reviews, sponsored blogs, and counterfeit devices on Amazon don't help!)

I can only afford to buy one device (been saving up!), so I'd like to focus on the one technology that would be best for sagging jowls, those 2 little skin flaps developing at the juncture between my chin and neck, and skin folds around my mouth (nasolabial and marionnette lines). And hey, if it can lessen the parenthesis lines, forehead lines and undereye fine lines, bonus points! But primarily concerned about sagging currently.

I've looked into the following devices that are all supposed to help. I'm hoping to get feedback from people who have actually tried out some of these to see if they are actually effective for what I want to work on. I trust the opinons here as they tend to be real and unbiased. So thanks in advance!

- Roller (ReFa Carat - as a bonus, can be used on bat wings! but I think it's more for massage than sagging)
- Microcurrent device (Tua Viso, Pico Toner - have read threads on this forum circa 2012-2014 saying the Pico Toner works way better than the NuFace Trinity, so don't bother with the Trinity, etc)
- LED (Silkn FaceFX, for example)
- Radiofrequency (such as the Tripollar Stop)
- Microneedling (Dermaroller, etc)

Super confused. Confused In addition, I have severe rosacea, so if anyone has experience with whether specific treatment types might be too harsh/triggering, that would be very helpful!

And before anyone mentions it LOL, I have tried face exercises for several months, purchased a program, but the results I got were not pleasing to me, I felt made me look worse (similar to user Toby who posted here - 3rd post from the bottom of the page http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=48456 ) so I am now looking for a new angle.

I appreciate any advice/guidance you can provide!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:40 am      Reply with quote
Having tried and owned all of these devices, and more haha,I still own and use my Baby Q (LED) and dermastampers(microneedlers).
I have found that the only real help, in my case, is the occasional filler along with a good peel/needling for the lines. I use Baby Q occasionally when I remember but it really doesn't help lines.
I have rosacea as well so most things aggravate it. That's why I do not do Retin-A although that does help for some people.

Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Neutral I've been looking for information on the pico toner. I have a silken titan RF and when I use it I do notice a small difference. I have a roller and a pen but I'm not very good at follow through. I've had ultherapy and it is effective but expensive and hurts ... bad. I noticed tightening after a fraxel. Recently, I have been doing the exercises and see a moderate difference. My daughter bought me a green thing that you chew on. Half the time I gagged and saw no difference. I think I'm going to buy the pico toner. If you can only afford one device and without having used the pico toner yet I would try the silken titan RF. Another thing I tried with it was first micro=needling and then using the RF over the area. Summer came though and I pretty much stopped doing everything. Last week I used a diluted TCA peel with one pass because I just wanted a light peel and I'm very happy with that and cant wait to do it again. I hope some of this was helpful.
nylongirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
I used the tripollar stop and it was a waste of money. I did like the reaura which is not available anymore but I think tria is pretty much close to it and hearing good things about the Newa which I just purchased and haven't tried yet. Definitely don't spend money on tripollar.
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone had experience with Omnilux LED Light? I already ordered due to Hot and Flashy review but would like to know your experiences. Thanks in advance!

Maryclaire
foxy1
5% products discount

Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
bluesky wrote:
Hi all. Like many fair-skinned women in their 40s, I've been sadly watching my face slide south over the past few years. I've been researching the at-home devices available for a couple of years now, but the more research I do, the more confused I get. (The fake reviews, sponsored blogs, and counterfeit devices on Amazon don't help!)

I can only afford to buy one device (been saving up!), so I'd like to focus on the one technology that would be best for sagging jowls, those 2 little skin flaps developing at the juncture between my chin and neck, and skin folds around my mouth (nasolabial and marionnette lines). And hey, if it can lessen the parenthesis lines, forehead lines and undereye fine lines, bonus points! But primarily concerned about sagging currently.

I've looked into the following devices that are all supposed to help. I'm hoping to get feedback from people who have actually tried out some of these to see if they are actually effective for what I want to work on. I trust the opinons here as they tend to be real and unbiased. So thanks in advance!

- Roller (ReFa Carat - as a bonus, can be used on bat wings! but I think it's more for massage than sagging)
- Microcurrent device (Tua Viso, Pico Toner - have read threads on this forum circa 2012-2014 saying the Pico Toner works way better than the NuFace Trinity, so don't bother with the Trinity, etc)
- LED (Silkn FaceFX, for example)
- Radiofrequency (such as the Tripollar Stop)
- Microneedling (Dermaroller, etc)

Super confused. Confused In addition, I have severe rosacea, so if anyone has experience with whether specific treatment types might be too harsh/triggering, that would be very helpful!

And before anyone mentions it LOL, I have tried face exercises for several months, purchased a program, but the results I got were not pleasing to me, I felt made me look worse (similar to user Toby who posted here - 3rd post from the bottom of the page http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=48456 ) so I am now looking for a new angle.

I appreciate any advice/guidance you can provide!

I have a Pico Toner I'm planning to sell. PM me if interested.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:20 am      Reply with quote
MaryClaire wrote:
Has anyone had experience with Omnilux LED Light? I already ordered due to Hot and Flashy review but would like to know your experiences. Thanks in advance!

Maryclaire

Hi! I just started a thread on the Omnilux like a min ago. I just got mine last week and used it twice, too soon to tell if anything is happening. LOL, Hot and Flashy also was the reason I picked it up. She hasn't even gotten hers yet but she definitely has done her research!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Have any of you heard of, or tried, Morpheus 8. I am going for a consultation this Friday to see what it's all about. Basically, it's needling with RF tips that heat up inside the skin causing a tightening effect.
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't but I hope you report back! Some of the before and afters are great...especially the neck.
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
I just have a consult this Friday but will get back to you all with the info. My main concern is that this has a fat dissolving component which is great for abs, not so great for face if you're like me and have a skinny face already. I can't afford to lose any volume in the face so I have to find out for sure how it works. I may try it first on abs for this tiny bit of fat that I hate around my belly button. It should tighten the skin and dissolve the fat. Also good for crepey skin. I would love to use it on my lower face to tighten as long as it doesn't burn off too much volume. They also use this in conjunction with facetite where they insert a probe under the skin with radio frequency. It's much more invasive, but you can do both. I prob will stick with Morpheus8 alone if I hear what I want to hear on Friday. They quoted me $1500 for entire face and $600 for spot treatments, but said you have to do it 3 times spread one month apart for optimal results.
piscesgirlrenee
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:34 am      Reply with quote
Any updates on these devices and the skin tightening results? I just lost weight, and the loose skin is disheartening.

Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, WrinkleFreeForever, $1500 for 3 treatments? That’s a steal! Did you end up doing it, and if you did, were you happy with the results? I just signed up for 4 treatments (they had a deal, buy 3, get 1 free) and it’s $3000!(gulp) I hope it works bc I hate to waste that kind of money, but my neck and face need help - fingers crossed!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |