Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Tea Tree Oil is my new best friend!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ksmith5
5% products discount

Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:24 am      Reply with quote
I have been experimenting with some of the homemade goodies suggested by other users (Homemade Dr. H. c.c., apple cider vinegar toner) and I bought some tea tree oil to put in both of these. A couple of nights ago I was getting annoyed with some acne that was on my lower jaw on both sides of my face, Mad (it wasn't really raised bumps, but just little red dots, sort of like scars) so I thought "Hmmm... wonder what would happen if I put tea tree oil directly on these places, after all it is supposed to be a natural antiseptic." Guess what? My skin texture was smoother and the redness decreased dramatically overnight! It felt so good too... not greasy at all... just smooth. One word of advice for anyone wanting to try this, though... use sparingly as it has a very strong, although not upleasant, smell.

-Kim
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:32 am      Reply with quote
Hello Kim,

I am trying to battle acne at the moment.

Could you tell me how much Tea Tree Oil you added to ACV and DHCC? Was it 100% TTO?

I heard that TTO itself is very strong and might damanage the skin if you use it directly on the spot, thats why I havent used mine at all yet.. too scared.. Wink

Aga
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:32 am      Reply with quote
Gotta love the tea tree oil!!!! Also works really well for ingrown hairs Smile
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:57 am      Reply with quote
I always put tea tree neat on any spots or acne. It's also good for if the cat has a good swipe at you Laughing
I normally get a bottle of the australian stuff about £10 a big bottle.
I would not worry about using this stuff neat - not when you look how strong some of those acne creams are!!!!
If I use it before I go to bed, only on the affected areas then they usually clear up by the morning Very Happy
ksmith5
5% products discount

Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Hello Kim,

I am trying to battle acne at the moment.

Could you tell me how much Tea Tree Oil you added to ACV and DHCC? Was it 100% TTO?

I heard that TTO itself is very strong and might damanage the skin if you use it directly on the spot, thats why I havent used mine at all yet.. too scared..

Hi Aga! Smile

I only used about 3 drops of the tea tree oil in the ACV and I think I used about that much in the DHCC as well. It smelled so strong to me I was afraid of putting too much at first. I did get 100% tea tree oil.

I was a litte worried too about putting it directly on my skin, just because it smelled so strong and I had never used it before, but I haven't had any problems at all so far, and it is surprisingly gentle to my face, which is more than I can say for some of the acne medications I have been using!

If you have a dermatologist you might want to check with him/her to be sure, but so far I am having good luck with it.

Thanks!

-Kim
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info Kim! I appreciate it! Smile

I'll try the TTO on some safe place, like my back first and see what happens, then I'll try it on my face! Smile

Aga
deacon
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:31 am      Reply with quote
I purchased a bottle of 100% Australian Tea Tree Oil a couple of months back. I dabbed on one spot before bed and woke to find it all but gone. I was thrilled to say the least.

When I noticed another spot a month or so later, I thought I'd have the same success.

The next morning and a month later I still have what looks like a scar from chicken pox on my forehead! I am not sure what happened, but this light brown discoloration has diminished, but not disappeared.

It was only after this goof that I looked at the bottle. "Do not use full strength on face" is on the warning label. I have been hesitant to touch it since.
ksmith5
5% products discount

Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing your experience, Deacon. I have started diluting it with a little water before applying it just in case.

Thanks!

-Kim
pam053069

Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:28 am      Reply with quote
If you're concerned about using tea tree oil full strength, Derma-E has a Tea tree and E oil that is 75% Vit E and 25% tea tree oil. I like it for blemishes and it should also be a good anti-fungal treatment.

Pam
Mabsy

Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:17 am      Reply with quote
pam053069 wrote:
I like it for blemishes and it should also be a good anti-fungal treatment.

I have found it to be a *great* anti-fungal treatment. A few years ago I picked up a nail fungus that was (luckily) just on my big toe and had not yet spread. I used normal OTC ointments etc and the doctor told me it would be very had to get rid of. I used undiluted tea tree oil (I wouldn't use undiluted on the skin though) twice a day and the thing was gone in like a week!
pam053069

Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:00 am      Reply with quote
I made a mistake in my last post. The Derma-E oil has 75% Tea tree oil and 25% Vitamin E, not the other way around. Embarassed I checked the bottle at home - guess my memory is going! Just thought I would let anybody know in case you're interested.
princesita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I agree, diluting it is definately the key... silly me was getting impatient with the sore lumps on my chin so applied the pure tea tree oil directly to the affected areas... my sensitive skin didn't appreciate it too much and I ended up peeling the top layer of skin from my chin!! Embarassed ewwww!! Not a good look!!! I think the pimples did go away but it certainly wasn't the best way to get rid of them. I will try it again, but not 100% tea tree oil.
ChelseaaaHi
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Would TTO (dilluted) be a good
use for combination skin? Or would
it dry it out?

-Chelsea
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me where I can get the tea tree oil?
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:21 am      Reply with quote
Now I am confused, is it better to buy the product that contains TTO, use it direct or mix it with something else?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:35 am      Reply with quote
sfong wrote:
Can anyone tell me where I can get the tea tree oil?

You can purchase Tea Tree Oil in most health food stores. Be sure to get "pure essential oil."

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
try washing your face towel with tea tree oil as well. That is when doing the last rinse with water put in a few drops of tea tree oil in the water mix well and wash the face towel with it. Its quite good the towel will smell so fresh and clean nnn and also it will kill any bacteria which can cause acne too Exclamation

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
I do lov e TTo as well! I apply it neatly to blemishes, or put a couple drops in my cleanser. I agree, the smell is strog, but I have gotten used to it. I would say careful though, as others have said...because too much can burn your skin in full strength. Question though, because I have learned the hard way. I have this awful rash on my forehead, (still, if anyone has followed by posts fro several weeks ago) one day a few weeks ago, I had-had it with the rash, I wanted to just "burn" it off. I figured if I have scabs they will go away and the rash wil be gone. I know, I know Shock but I did. So now I have the rash still, and I also have "brown" spots that I am sure are scars from burning it. Any advise ladies to get rid of the "brown" scars? It is not just "dry" it is actual burn marks, so it makes my rash look even worse. I tried using a scar removal product, but no help. Any and all suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
I use it full strength and always have.. and have had no peeling redness or burning. Weird, I wonder if I have iron skin or something or maybe my skin will start peeling off in sheets soon Confused
ChelseaaaHi
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
Speaking of TTO,
this brings me back to the
product Acne Treatment Mud
by PSF.
Arie
5% products discount

Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:15 am      Reply with quote
I love tea tree too! Works great on those pesky breakouts. Congrats on finding something that works for you!
ChelseaaaHi
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
ksmith5 wrote:
I have been experimenting with some of the homemade goodies suggested by other users (Homemade Dr. H. c.c., apple cider vinegar toner) and I bought some tea tree oil to put in both of these.
-Kim

Had these homemade concoctions help your acne too?
And if so, which ones would you recommend?
magslena
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried tea tree oil based on all of the positive reviews, but aside from the smell, I don't like it. It hasn't done a thing for my face. Sad
jadecoin
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info Kim! I appreciate it!
suzannek
5% products discount

Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:13 am      Reply with quote
I too suffer from the occasional hormonal breakout and find that tea tree oil is very effective at treating those annoying spots.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |