Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Review--La Prairie Cellular Lipo-Sculpting Eye Gel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Tea
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
YES!

Yes, it's expensive but
Yes, it works!

Ruined my eyes with Yonka Phyto Contour. Was hoping to get rid of minor milia and loved the idea of the product--natural ingredients, etc.
Also, have some small bags that I've always had. Not really a concern, just didn't want them to get larger.

The Yonka was like wearing an egg cup of cut onion right under my nose. My eyes were irrated and red. The skin under my eyes dried out horribly, so much so that it became loose. Sad Embarassed My bags ballooned horrendously. I know the Phyto Contour has worked really well for some, just didn't for me.

My sister mentioned that she asked a friend of hers who has flawless skin (especially around the eyes) what she uses and she said the LP Cellular Eye Contour Cream.

I made a beeline for the nearest LP counter. The sales gal was a delight! I showed her my eyes and she immediately made a sample of the Cellular Radiance Eye Cream and gave me many samples of the eye gel. She said each sample of the eye gel should last a week. It has lasted more than a week so little is needed, but WHAT A TURNAROUND!

I swear I could feel it draining the puffiness beneath my eyes right after I put it on. Shock The skin under my eyes is firmer by about 75% compared to a week ago. I was only using it at night, but just started using it during the day. We'll see if there's continued improvement. I'm wondering if now that my eyes are repaired there will be a less noticable improvement. At any rate, it's the first thing I've found that my sensitive skin accepts.

After a week of use I marched down to buy a pot of it today.

Still want to sample the contour cream. I understand it's more hydrating than the radiance cream. Will check that out next.

Was hoping to try the Caviar cream, but there weren't any samples available. Don't know if I can bear to spend $300+. But I'm so sold on what I've tried so far, anything's possible! Laughing Shock

I know LP isn't a popular product on this board, but it has really worked for me. Smile It's worth considering if you have sensitive eyes with dry skin that's difficult to moisturize. Wink
Mabsy

Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
Glad it worked for you! I haven't tried this LP eye cream but I've tried their eye gel (with caviar) and it was completely useless relative to what it was supposed to do (lighten dark circles). I haven't bought anything LP since then. I have sampled their super expensive caviar face cream though and I hate to say this but it was so packed with silicones that it broke me out Sad I loved the smell of it though and *really* wanted to like the cream too! The one product that I really liked from LP was their hydrating serum (can't remember the name of it but it came in a tall blue semi-seethrough pump bottle).
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
Have been thinking of trying LP myself but I'm quite cautious of ingredients just lately. I used a concealer for years to cover spots and then found out it was actually the mineral oil in the concealer that was causing the spots!!

What's the caviar cream got in it? Actual caviar, ie fish eggs!!!
Tea
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
I know what you both mean. I'm kind of surprised the LP is working for me. I usually go with all natural ingredients because my skin does seem to overreact. (That's why I thought the Yonka was a shoo in. Now realize that my skin is an equal opportunity overreactor. Rolling Eyes ) The Olay Regernist Eye Lifting Serum also killed my eyes.

I'm a bit put off by the Caviar ingredients, too.

As for my eyes, right now I couldn't be happier. Will let you know if I get continued improvement.

Wink
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Tea you mentioned you had some minor milia under your eyes.... Did this product work on them too?
I tried the Yonka Phyto Contour for milia and it did nothing for me either Crying or Very sad My milia is so bad, I think laser is the only real solution, but if I could find something that would at least diminish them, I'd be happy Very Happy

Anya
Tea
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Anya,

I don't know if the milia will be reduced by the eye gel. I did confirm, though, that it won't make the milia worse.

Some years ago, microdermabrasion did pull a few of the larger buggers out. Now that I'm older, I probably wouldn't allow that under my eyes and luckily I didn't have any ill effects from it.

On that topic, I really liked professional microdermabrasion. It seemed to have a great result--both smoothed the skin and plumped it up for a number of months. The skin plumping is the component missing from the home microdermabrasion treatments. Must be due to the suction. Think maybe it's time to check that out again.

Ack. Laser's so expensive. I asked a dermatologist about a few little spider veins around my nose--$1k!!
Here's a question, why don't they do electrical pulse treatment for spider veins anymore? Didn't it work? That's what I was hoping to have done.

Sorry, got off topic there... Confused

It's taken me this long to find something I can use under my eyes that moisturizes without causing puffiness. If I find it reduces milia, I'll be sure to post about it! Smile
Mabsy

Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:32 am      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
Tea you mentioned you had some minor milia under your eyes.... Did this product work on them too?
I tried the Yonka Phyto Contour for milia and it did nothing for me either Crying or Very sad My milia is so bad, I think laser is the only real solution, but if I could find something that would at least diminish them, I'd be happy Very Happy

Anya - have you tried dabbing an eye cream with AHA on the millia? That works for me very well and quite quickly too. I have a tube of MDF Vit-a-Plus eye cream that I would not normally use but I pull it out if I get any millia.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the advice Mabsy Very Happy. I hadn't tried AHA type eye creams, so I'll give it a go. I'd be happy just to minimize the size of the milia and/or smooth them out a bit.
According to my friends you can't notice them, but to me they are HUGE Shock

Tea if you notice any improvement with your milia, please do post. I really want to avoid the microdermabrasion/laser route if at all possible.

Anya
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
I found the LP Cellular Eye Contour Cream to be a bit too heavy for me and I have to be careful with thick eye creams because of the milia it promotes. My former dermatologist recommended using some type of laser treatment on the under eye milia I had but said it's risky because it could cause more problems. So, when I got home I sterilized a needle, lanced the milia and carefully squeezed it out. Now I completely stay away from the heavy eye creams and prefer Babor HSR Lifting Eye Cream. Haven't had any more problems with milia since.
Tea
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, you only have to use a very small amount of the LP gel.

Penelope, what are the active ingredients in the Babor eye cream? I searched the web but can't figure out what the "HSR lifting complex" is.

Thanks! Smile
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Tea:

I'll check the brochure and the jar for ingredients when I get home tonight.
appyone
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:11 am      Reply with quote
Tea,
Are you still happy with the LP gel? Any further firming?
Thanks
ap
Tea
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Appyone,

Yes, I'm still seeing very nice firming with this product. Smile It has toned and re-elasticized my under eye area fabulously.

I scored some samples of a few more LP products, though, and was going to post an update over the weekend or next week. (I like to try a product for a week before an initial review.)

I've been using the Cellular Eye Contour Cream and just started the Essence of Caviar Eye Serum today.

The contour cream is rich and it seems to absorb rather than just sit on my skin.

To clarify use, it goes along the orbital bone. I don't put it on my lid or directly under my eyes. It was explained to me that I only need to use the amount of the head of a dressmaker's pin under each eye. Shock It creeps to the lid and under the eye as needed. If it's put under the eye, it can make the eyes puffy--too much hydration. Makes me wonder if I was just using other eye products incorrectly, because I always used way more that and I always had puffy, irritated eyes. Idea

I'm really interested in the serum because it's supposed to help reduce wrinkles AND tone. The Lipo Sculpting reduces puffiness, but doesn't do much for wrinkles. My puffiness seems to be under control, so on to the next issue--wrinkle reduction. I just have one starting crow's foot, so am going to watch that over the week and see if there's improvement. If you can hold out for another week, I let you know which of the two eye treatments I like better.

Anya--It seems the products aren't increasing milia--if used as instructed. I wouldn't say they're being eliminated though.

Mabsy--What is the AHA product you use for milia. I'm afraid it would horribly dry out the skin under my eyes. Yet, am curious... Wink

Penelope--Any luck on the ingredients in the Babor eye cream?

On another subject, I Gly-Oxide. Whitens better than any of the other over the counter products. I did call my dentist to check on the percentage of peroxide. He said it was fine, but try not to get on gums. Have had zero sensitivity which was a definite problem with the other products I've used.

Will definitely check in next week, ladies. Wink

Thanks for all of your reviews! Keep 'em coming! Cool
Tea
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Oops! Sorry, Mabsy! You did post the name of the AHA product. Thanks!
appyone
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:49 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Tea,
I will hold out for your review on the caviar etc. Good point with the cream application. I am really excited you found good elasticity!!
Pray Hope it continues to work for you and maybe me too.
AP
Mabsy

Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:53 am      Reply with quote
Tea wrote:
Mabsy--What is the AHA product you use for milia. I'm afraid it would horribly dry out the skin under my eyes. Yet, am curious... Wink

I'm worried about the drying out of the skin as well. The MDF cream has 10% AHAs so it is pretty strong (at least IMO when it comes to the eye area). This is why I only dab it on the actual spot and don't use it all over. Works a treat though! Smile
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Tea:

The jar of Babor HSR Lifting Eye Cream does not have the ingredients listed and I am still looking for the brouchure they sent hoping that will have the ingredients listed.
Tea
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2005 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hello!

Well, I've been using the serum for about a week and...really like it too! Very Happy

So, I'm using the Lipo-Sculpting Eye Gel at night and am continuing to see firming. During the day I use the Essence of Skin Caviar Eye Complex. The less I use, the better it works. Kind of like the CSRx products, the serum can be a little drying if I use too much. As far as wrinkle reduction goes, I must honestly say that if I use just a little of the serum and a moisturizer on top it works as well or better than the Rxline. Kind of crazy, I know, but I stopped using the Rxline about a month ago and I am just as happy with this. Razz

Am using the Cellular Eye Cream both day and night. Expect to break down and buy it this weekend.

The only lil' skin care cloud hanging over my head right now is that the Olay sun block for sensitive skin is too drying and causing break outs. Sad

I don't like to use less than a 30 SPF and can't believe a physical sun block is causing me grief. Will search the site for some recommendations.

Take care! Smile
Sadie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2005 10:06 am      Reply with quote
I got a sample of this in the mail from neimen's last week. I'll have to go and dig it out and give it a shot.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |