Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Red pores/dots on cheeks, need your advice! PLEASE!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:16 am      Reply with quote
After the facial ( sorry to go on about this, but please bare with me! ) I noticed my cheeks have little red dots all over!
They look like they have been stabbed with a tiny needle and little blood came out ( which they have been by the esthetician, trying to find something to extract, and I never had anything to extract there in the first place..)

So it's been 3 months since the facial and my cheeks look the same, they still have got tiny red dots all over and they are very noticable.

So the facial not only gave me acne but also did something weird to my cheeks....
I feel like they should help me fix those things but they dont think they did anything wrong Sad

What should I do?

Aga
PS I went to get the facial because I had a nose surgery and had to put regular tape on my nose for a month which clogged my pores and caused blackheads that I wanted to get rid of. Had no acne anywhere else..
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:51 am      Reply with quote
I think you're doing too much to your skin; its no wonder its reacting to everything. Aga love do this. Drop all products except for a mild cleanser, Paula's BHA and her blemish fighting solution. I'm sure you'll find a difference. It worked for me... BIG TIME. If you have any of these products now, start using them.
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Not sure what kind of skin you have.,.but ive read in numerous articles and such that facials are not all that good for you. what were the ingredients in the facial? you were probably better off just letting your skin slowly and naturally unclog itself. but i think you probably wouldn't have little red dots either hehe
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi Suzie,

I have been using only
am -the cleanser + BP on the spot only + SPF
pm - cleanser + BP on the spot only

I am not sure what else to drop lol Wink

I have not been usig anything else other than the cleanser, SPF and BP for the last 6 weeks.

I am kind of scared of trying a new cleanser :S
but if it might help with the breakouts I would like to give it a go Wink
Did you have any breakouts using Paulas Choice? Or did it start working instantly?

Aga
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:19 am      Reply with quote
PurpleTurtle,

No more facials for me for sure!!!
I should sue that place! ( well, maybe not... Wink )

Aga
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
You are doing well with what you're using except, whats missing Aga is the blemish fighting solution. You have to open pores with the bha, and use a disinfectant to keep them clean (hence the blemish fighting sol.) Anytime you make a change in your skin care regimen, your skin WILL react. Happens to everyone, especially when you use something with active ingredients. I would continue using up all older cleansers and than switch permanently to something gentle for your skin. I didn't break out at all using Paulas Choice products, not at all!
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
Aga: Do they look like they might be broken capillaries at all? I hope not, but I'm just trying to picture the red dots. Broken Caps are definitely not a good thing to have and try to correct.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
Aga,
I sympathise with you. Do your red dots look like freckles but instead of being brown they are red?
I know that probably sounds silly. But that is what I have and they only appeared after I had N-Lite treatment. I wish to god I had not gone near it, my skin looked better before. I am using the obagi system to try to get rid of them and luckily my mineral foundation is excellent at covering them up. Although disguising them is not what I want long term, I want them gone.

5% products discount

Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi Aga, I dont know if this helps but I am 24 and have sensitive skin but also am prone to lots of break outs and my cheeks too used to get red like you described.

To help calm my skin I stopped using all my old cleansing products (even though I was worried because I had been swopping products like there was no tomorrow in hope of a solution! ) and started using Elizabeth Arden...I used the Foaming Cleansing Wash and Toner for Sensitive skins the Daywear Fluid and the Good Nights Sleep Night cream.

It really calmed my skin down and I also started taking a pill from the doctors called Dianette that did help my break outs.

Im not saying that my breakouts have stopped completely but since using this range my skin is happy, clean and calm.

I know the same products dont do the same for everyone but I thought I would let you know just in case this helps you.
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Hello girls and thanks for your posts! Smile

The little red dots look like someone litterally took a needle and started poking all over my cheeks; they are tiny, needle ponint ones. And I assume its from the esthetician poking all over at my cheeks with some sharp instrument she used at the facial.
Sad

Its not broken capa...
It looks pretty weird, and its difficult to describe.
Its as if I had BLACKHEADS all over my cheeks, except that they are not black but RED Confused

Aga
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Is it like a red dot under the skin? I'm very fair skinned..and I noticed a year ago that i got have a couple of random red dots on my body. i asked my mom about it and she said that everyone in our family gets them. we all have rather sensitive skin. i've actually tried puncturing them very gently to get the blood out, but they never go away. which is a concern i have if its the same thing that is on your face:/ fortunately i only have two and they hide very well. you might have to get them zapped...or just go to the dermotologist and ask
Mammamia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2005 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi Aga,
I was wondering how your red dots are doing?
I did a search on EDS for "red dots" as I am also experiencing a bit of the this phenomenon, just as you described.
I've been using Vit. C, 10% for about a month now and I have a feeling that this might be a reaction.
I started using it twice a day but am wondering if I need to slow down a bit.
Have yours gotten any better?
Thanks,
Mammamia
Cautious newbie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2005 9:53 am      Reply with quote
I too just happened to notice a red dot appear under my eye on Sunday Sad It is just like LoopiLori describes it....it is like a freckle, but instead of being brown, it is red!!!

Do these ever go away?

I too started using Vit C about 2 weeks ago...I wonder if it due to that. I am only using it once a day.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2005 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Could these red dots be what's commonly referred to as cherry angiomas (minute, dilated red blood vessels)? They can be as small as pinheads or as large as an eraser head. They can bleed if irritated.

Only a dermatologist can treat these -- with a laser or electric needle -- and even then, they may return and require extra treatments. I had a couple removed by electric needle a few years ago. The incidence of cherry angiomas increases with age Crying or Very sad

If this is indeed your problem, the use of BP may be exacerbating the condition.
Mammamia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2005 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
I do have a cherry angioma on my cheek. It is more like a red freckle. Thanks for letting me know what it is.

The other red dots are more like Aga described, like "blackheads but red." I do think that I will just use Vit. C once a day to see if this makes a difference.

I really like this forum...it's so informative!
alilicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2005 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
Aga,
Sweetie, are you still using the prescriptions from the doctor? If not, why did you stop? I think that whatever those devil-people did to your face was way too much/harsh for your skin. I think treating the acne is just making everything worse. If I were you, I would get some sensitive skin products like the Dermalogica line. You can buy a kit with everything in it for like $30. Just make sure it is for sensitive skin. Once you have calmed your skin down, then you can spot treat the problem areas. Repeat after me, less is more. Laughing You know I had the same problem as you after having a facial, but mine has calmed down a lot after using gentler products.
Hope this helps!
Ali

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ali! Smile

Thanks for your suggestion Smile

Right now my skin seems to be clearing up!
I have been using Clindacne for the past 2 weeks and I really see a big change in my skin!

I was also prescribed 2 antibiotics in pill, but I only took them for 5 days because they were upsetting my stomach really bad.

But the Clindacne seems to be working on its own!

Basically thats the only acne product I have been using recently.

I also got some cheap goodies for acne while I am here in Europe. I figured once I am done with Clindacne I am going to try to keep my skin clear using more gentle acne products Smile
( I got La Roche-Posay Effeclar a.i. and Pharmaceris T gentle foam cleanser and Sebostatic cream )

If all that fails ( hope not tho) I am going to try the Sensitive skin regimen. It makes sense to me that sometimes acne products may be too harsh and actually worsen the condition and just gentle products may help a lot.

Aga

Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |