Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Need reviews on HAIR COLOUR, please!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
badhabit

Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there everyone.

I'm a new poster (but have been browing for a while), and I'd just like to say what great advice you all give!

I was wondering if you would be able to help me with hair colouring. I live in Australia so I might not be able to get a hold of some products.

I've only put permanent colours through my hair a few times before, but my hair seems quite resistant to colour and it fades very quickly.

Any recommendations as to a good brand to use? Including shampoo/conditioner/etc? I would go dark brown (light brown already). Any other tips would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Very Happy

(P.S - I have crazy frizzy thick long hair (thanks dad... Neutral) and was wanting to try the olive-oil thing suggested. Would that be bad for coloured hair?)
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:32 am      Reply with quote
I've used just about every brand of haircolor there is, and the best one that I've found has to be bought at Sallys Beauty Supply, which I understand is only in the U.S.....

If you use the olive oil treatment, I suggest that you do it BEFORE you color your hair because these types of protein treatments will make the hair color fade more quickly...

Here’s some of the ‘drugstore’ brand haircoloring kits that I recommend, hopefully at least one of them will be available in Oz:

• Garnier Nutrisse Permanent Hair Color

• L’oreal Preference Shine Extending Hair Color in “Mega Brown”

• Revlon ColorSilk Permanent Hair Color

• Garnier Lumia Brightening Color Creme

No matter which brand of hair color you chose, the most important thing to maintain your color is to use products specifically made for color-treated hair. A while back I posted a laundry-list of tips to keep your color-treated hair in tip-top shape, so click here to read more about: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3243&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=vinegar. These days, my fave shampoo/conditioner for color-treated hair are the ones from Pureology, but I don’t know if that line is available Down Under...if not, then you need to look for any shampoo/conditioner that does not contain sulphates, because that is the one ingredient that strips hair color the fastest!

HTH,
Carrie
Fif
5% products discount

Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hey BadHabit! I too live in OZ and I've just changed my hair from blonde (naturally light brown) to dark brown and because I wasn't sure about what to use I went to a hairdresser - maybe try that! I went to Heading Out but they're really quite expensive... Did an excellent job though!! Where in Oz are you?

Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |