Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Is that true that you should not put eye cream on at bedtime
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
if you don't want to get up in the morning with two puffy eyes.

So, when is the best time to put on eye cream? I wash my face before going to bed and the skin around my eyes sometimes feel quite dry, especially in winter time.
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:40 am      Reply with quote
I definately put eye creme on at night, every night. Hopefully Magda or Casper Mum will come to the rescue here and answer....
Good question Smile

Babs
Mabsy

Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:57 am      Reply with quote
One thing that does come to mind is that maybe if the eye cream you are using is too rich for you then you might perhaps have a problem with puffy eyes. Don't quote me though, I haven't read that anywhere, it's just my take on the problem.

I use an eye cream every night (PTR at the moment) and don't have a problem. If you're looking for a nice light lotion then Orlane Anti-fatigue Eye Contour is pretty good Wink
Pegasus
5% products discount

Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:14 am      Reply with quote
I too use an eye cream everyday although not necessarily just at night .

Two creams that I love and cannot live without are better eyes made by Myaltha and Hydra Nutrience by Alpha-H. Both work wonders for not only puffiness but dryness, dark circles and fine lines...Smile
white_secrets
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 25, 2003 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
is that true? that u shouldnt apply eye cream at bedtime? why that's absurb! where did you get that statement? they say that bedtime is the most important to beautify one's self.Surprised
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
If you go to information listed under the Cellex-C's range, they recommend that we use the eye gel at night and eye cream in the day. According to them, using the cream in the night causes puffiness.
Personally, I don't quite like having too many products to juggle with. So, I only use the cream for both day and night for the dry eye area. I don't see any problem with puffiness. I guess it is up to the indvidual.

Also, I do not understand why some say that we should not apply any eye cream or gel on the eye lid. The area on the eye lid can get quite dry, no??
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
That's exactly where I got the recommendation: from Cellex-C and also from Dr. Hauschka skin care line.

Actually, I just ordered Cellex-C Eye Contour Gel and it says on the bottle that you use it every 24 hours but not exactly when. It also says that you should not put this gel on the eye lids.

On the other hand, Paula Begoun ( the famous cosmetic priestess) declared that all eye creams are a waste and if you can use a specific cream on your face you can use it anywhere even under your eyes ( I don't believe her!).

I have very allergic prone skin under the eye so I just have to be very very cautious. Well, I'd rather be called silly with these absurb questions ( as White secret has thought) than wake up in the morning after with my two "wild eyes shut"

Thanks ladies! Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
ming
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
Never heard of that~

I'm using PTR Power K rescue.
It helps on brigthen dark eye circles, hydrate, fine lines.

However, I'm not using every night. I am using a few times a week. (I'm age 24)
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Leiladao

Since you said that yr eye area is sensitive, I would recommend that you try applying the gel in the night only ( ie every 24 hours). Cellex C eye contour gel contains Vit C which may smart if overdone. In the day, do apply some other eye cream if it is dry. I have tried Cellex C's GLA Eye Balm which may be too oily for you ( I have milia). I have since switch to MD's formula Vit A Plus Eye cream - it is quite good. However, I am still shopping around for an ideal eye cream - the skin around my eyes is dry yet I have milia on the lower lids. I will let you know later how MD formulations work out. Hope this helps.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Leiladao,

I have extremely sensitive, allergic skin. For the past 15 years I have been putting Vitamin E around my eyes at night. I just prick a capsule and rub the whole thing around my eyes, on my eyelids (yes, they sure get dry too) on my eyelashses and it is the only thing that does not give me any kind of reaction at all. It doesn't sting the eyes. As a matter of fact I find the Vitamin E very soothing. I guess that's why I've been using it for so long.
Mabsy

Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Leeleedeedee, do you have long beautiful lashes?

I know it may seem like an odd question but I read a few years back that if you want longer fuller and healthier lashes (i.e. lashes that don't fall out as much) you should apply vitamin E oil to the length of the lashes and also to the base. I did it for a while but found it a bit messy so I gave up on it but I thought I did see some improvement. I gave up because I was applying it just to lashes and not the eye area, kinda hard to get one and not the other Smile

You've been using it for 15 years so you are the BEST person to confirm or dispute that claim Very Happy
Sable
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 26, 2003 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't heard this one before! Some creams/brands may give you puffy eyes in the morning, but I think is moreso related to the ingredients mis-matching your skin (or something akin to that) than eye-creams in general, giving you puffy eyes.

There will always be conflicting information/opinions on whether or not eye-creams are good for you, much like there's always conflicting views on the efficacy of creams in general, the relationship between diet & skin, etc. In regards to Paula Begoun's opinion, I beg to differ. I conducted a self-inflicted experiment, going without an eye-cream for 14 days. The affect was visible after the 4th or 5th day Surprised I think the results will speak for themselves. So Paula, if you're reading this, do yourself a favour, and buy a great eye-cream, sweetheart !!

(My girlfriend and I also did a 3 month long 'skin diet' if anyone's interested in the results!! :P)

Certain creams may cause puffy eyes in the morning, (Dermalogica's eye booster did this to me) but I think, generally speaking, an eye-cream at night is a very good thing! I would imagine it helps the skin along; as it's repairing while you sleep.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 27, 2003 7:26 am      Reply with quote
Hello Mabsy and Sable,

First, I agree with Sable re Paula Begoun and some of her viewpoints. For a long time I went without eye cream at night because of the allergic nature of my skin. Most eye creams irritated my skin, but I thought it was necessary to put someting around my eyes at night and my eye area was becoming really dry and blah. Now, I have a sister two years older than I and 15 years ago when I was in despair because I was getting dry and wrinkly around my eyes and my sister had a beautiful smooth skin around her eyes, I decided to ask her what she used (sometimes I do get really bright ideas) and it was my sister who told me about the vitamine E. So I did that and it worked beautifully well.

Now, Mabsy, I don't know if I have long beautifuly eyelashes because I am extremely critical in nature and focus on what's wrong with my skin. But, I can tell you that my eyelashes are not fragile and dry and many times I don't even find the need for mascara. Does that help you?

I am not against any kind of eye cream. It's only because I have such easily ittitated and allergic skin that I use the vitamin E. It is somewhat oily to be sure. But, I've gotten used to it and all I can say is that it works for me.
Mabsy

Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Sable
I think the results will speak for themselves. So Paula, if you're reading this, do yourself a favour, and buy a great eye-cream, sweetheart !!

Ok, I've just calmed my laughing fit.... That's hilarious, thanks Sable Smile Though as an aside I don't think Paula says 'don't use anything around your eye' I think her point is 'use the same cream you use for your face'. I disagree with that though. Some people use strong face creams with high glycolic acid etc concentrations; I'm not so sure that would be so great for the eye area. Plus my eye cream has vit K in it to fight dark circles (doing a good job so far) and putting a normal face cream instead would not do that.

Loved your post Sable!
Mabsy

Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by leeleedeedee
Now, Mabsy, I don't know if I have long beautifuly eyelashes because I am extremely critical in nature and focus on what's wrong with my skin. But, I can tell you that my eyelashes are not fragile and dry and many times I don't even find the need for mascara. Does that help you?

Yep, there are always things wrong I can spot with my skin even though nobody else seems to see them. My eyelashes are one of them.... I'd like them to be longer and 'healthier looking'. I think the fact that you are critical of your skin combined with the fact that you often don't find that you need mascara is a sure sign that you have beautiful lashes Smile

So I might try my vit E experiment again. This time I think I'll pop a few vit E capsules and pour it into a bottle and then use that with a (clean) mascara wand at night. We shall see.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |