Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Removing Moles?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sp0on

Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi.

I've been trying lots of different things to get rid of a mole. Right now i'm using a product "for warts" with 16% salicidic acid in it. It seems to be working it has burn't away some of my skin, but i want to know when should i stop. I mean like when do i know that the mole is fully gonne away. There is some colour, like a redish, but no black or brown.
Help??
Mabsy

Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:55 am      Reply with quote
I would be afraid that it was going to leave a scar. Have you thought about going to see a derm? It would be a simple and quick procedure.
sp0on

Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
I have though about the scaring, but i dont really care, all i want is to get rid of my marks. They are really anoying.
Fif
5% products discount

Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
I'd heard it was dangerous to remove them that way and that you should see a dr to get one removed... Is this correct?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
Fif wrote:
I'd heard it was dangerous to remove them that way and that you should see a dr to get one removed... Is this correct?

Yes, I think it is dangerous. Moles are mutated cells, I believe, so altering them more is increasing the chance of that skin to become cancerous Shock ...That is what I heard, but I am not a DR...
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
PLEASE STOP trying to chemically burn you moles off! You should be seeing a doctor. As a matter of fact, everyone should get a once yearly mole check (which is painless but highly embarrassing Embarassed)
Moles should not be self treated. It is very easy for a derm to "punch" the mole out. It should not leave a scar. They usually biopsy it. If it is clear, great. If it is not, additional treatment may be necessary. Please see your derm. joani
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi

Good idea to see your doctor.

But if you already know it's not a dangerous mole you can get rid of them using very strong copper peptides combined with exfoliation such as salycic acid. I did this with some skin tags on my neck a while ago. And I'm using Supercop x 2 on a skin tag on my back right now. My doctor says the tag is benign/normal so I'm just getting rid of it for cosmetic purposes. Apparantly the CPs are a perfectly safe and healthy way of doing this.

Have a look at this page for more info.
http://www.scar-reduction.com/scarsandblemishes.html
Tangerine
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
Hi

And I'm using Supercop x 2 on a skin tag on my back right now. My doctor says the tag is benign/normal so I'm just getting rid of it for cosmetic purposes. Apparantly the CPs are a perfectly safe and healthy way of doing this.

Have a look at this page for more info.
http://www.scar-reduction.com/scarsandblemishes.html

Hi Molly,
I am new here and this is such an interesting topic that I have to jump in. Could you please tell me exactly which product did you get and where did you get it? Thanks a lot!

-Tangerine Very Happy
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi Tangerine and welcome.

I've been using copper peptides in all their varieties for a number of years. There are many different formulations for different purposes. In fact it's very confusing.

For getting rid of skin tags I first used 'Trireduction' and 2% salycic acid. Now they have a stronger copper peptide cream called 'Supercop x 2' so I'm using that.

I buy them fromwww.skinbio.com - the inventor's site, but it's extremely confusing and some people recommend buying from http://www.dianayvonne.com/category/13.cream/ because the postage is cheaper. You can buy sample sizes on both sites, but I use skinbio because they give you lots of very generous freebies with every purchase.

I recommend and use Copper peptides for long term healthy skin. I haven't seen any overnight miracles though so don't get carried away.

HTH Smile Ask away if you want to know anything else about them. I've used pretty much every product at some time or another.

M
Tangerine
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Molly for your reply. Very Happy

I am wondering how long does it took for you to see any noticeable result? I asked because even the smallest combo they offered has 2oz of each cream. I think 2oz can last quite a while since it is only applied to the mole. Then it worries me that they still offers bigger sized combo. Does it takes a year to see the result?

From the product list it says the super copper could be irritating. Do you really feel that way? If I incorporate copper peptide into my skincare routine(not for removing moles, but for the general goodness of the skin), which copper product do you recommend?

Sorry for so many quesitons. I've heard some good thing about copper peptide before not really know anyone who uses it. I am so excited to find this forum. It is such a wonderful place to meet so many knowleageable people like you.

Tangerine
essenz

Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:49 am      Reply with quote
I've used garlic before for a wart I think it was,.. on my leg... it was little and it took a while but it worked. It just left a little red and then it went away. Im trying it on a mole now, hope thats not bad Confused
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Tangerine

In fact the mole removal thing is incredibly fast - a few days. They puff up, turn red, then crust off. You would really only need a sample pot for that of one of the strongest CPs, either Trireduction or Supercop x 2 cream and some kind of chemical exfoliation, any will do (like glycolic or salycic acid) you get get a sample pot of that too just for the moles if you don't already have any.

But, not all moles can be eliminated, only certain kinds. I'm not a doctor I'm not sure which (you could ask Skinbio about your particular moles), but I'm thinking from what I've read big flat, black moles wouldn't react. It's small, protruding, skin-taggy ones that it works best for. Although it does also have an inhibiting effect on larger moles, ie. they shouldn't grow bigger. I think this is true because I have a mole on my cheek just like my mother's and hers grew as she got older, but mine seems to have shrunk ( I only used the mild CPs on it). But I couldn't swear to it as I don't have a 'control' mole for comparison.

As far as general skincare goes you need to give me a little more information. How old are you? What skin-type do you have? Are you prone to acne? Do you have lines or wrinkles. Hyperpigmentation? Any other problems?

Let me know - glad to help.

M
sp0on

Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.fulloflife.com/website/store/product_detail.asp?UID=&item_no=70156

This is a homeopathic medacin.. would it work...?????
And.. I'm not a fan of going to see the docter, so can i get "mole cream" from him ither then being forwarded to a derm.?

PS: Here is a website that i got some ideas as of how to remove moles and warts.

http://www.health911.com/remedies/rem_wart.htm

And.. these are the ingredients in that cream.
INGREDIENTS: Thuja Occidentalis (Tree of Life) 1x; Vinca Minor (Lesser Periwinkle) 1x; Phytolacca Decandra (Phytolacca Root) 1x; in a base of Water; Sunflower Oil; Squalene (vegetable type); Stearic Acid; Cetyl Alcohol; Propylene Glycol; Triethanol Amine; Glycerine; Grapefruit Seed Extract; Xanthan Gum; Bentonite.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Spoon
We have no idea what kind of mole you are trying to deal with. Like others have said, it could be dangerous. Best to find out. I don't want to feel I'm encouraging you to treat yourself by giving advice on removal. You should only do this if you know that the mole you are dealing with is normal.
M
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:11 am      Reply with quote
I'm sure this won't help you at all, but it reminded me of an experience as a child. Out of the blue I developed a mole on my neck, and I couldnt stand it. So I rubbed it and rubbed it and one day it just turned black and fell off!

Now, I don't suggest doing this....although I would do it before using chemicals on it! Wink Best to get it checked out by a doc, I'm pretty sure they can freeze them or burn them off right in the office.
Tangerine
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Dear Molly,
Thanks for your explaination. It sounds like the 'TriReduction' cream is some sort of copper cream and the exfol cream is the glycolic cream? I will check to see whether I can get a sample pot of each.

In terms of my skin, I am 29 and doesn't have any noticeable wrinkles yet. But I need to prevent them from coming. I have very fair skin which easily gets discolorations.(and some of them are moles Sad ) What would you recommend?

Again, thanks for sharing your knowledge.
sp0on

Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:56 am      Reply with quote
when i had it checked by a docter he simply said it has no cancer.. Then he said there is no real need to remove it and sent me off. I want to remove it because i hate how it looks. I'm buff, and i got a mole on my chest. Bah
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Tangerine.

Yes, a sample pot of Trireduction and of Exfol cream should be fine for the moles. You can buy sample sizes of both on the Diana Yvonne site. You can on Skinbio too but you can only buy sets of several different samples, which you might or might not want.

If you're only 29 I'd recommend the Protect and Restore Classic - it's the mildest and lightest of them and it's nice to wear as a light moisturiser during the day. You could try the lightest eye cream - CP night eyes premier (actually that's one thing I've never sampled - find the Classic quite light enough for the eye area). Or you could try the CP serum. You can get a sample pot of that but only from Skinbio it seems. I find a sample pot of the serum lasts forever because you only need 3 or 4 drops spread over your face. I think that's better for night use and it has a slightly stronger effect than the Classic.

More importantly sounds like you should be looking into a good sunscreen for everyday use considering you're so fair skinned and you get 'discolouration'. I really don't like the skinbio sun products and I still haven't found anything I'd swear by so can't help there.

A lot of people would also recommend an antioxidant serum for daytime use under your sunscreen for prevention. Vitamin C serum is very popular on the board, but you can't use Vit C and Copper together. I'm using Vit C now in the day and Copper Peptides at night.

HTH
M
Tangerine
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi Molly,
Thanks for the suggestion. I will get the samples and let you know how it works for me.

-Tangerine
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |