Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Hi New Member Need Suggestion
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tiki177

Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I'm new here and have been lurking around for awhile. You girls seem like you all know alot about skincare. I order from essentialdayspa 2X now and the experience was great with no problem. They are quite generous with their samples as well. They gain me as a customer for life. Hehee..Good job girls

Alway, I'm 25 and live in canada. My skin is normal/dry. Currently I'm using

Moisturizers
Dr Hauschka Rose A Day
Cream De La Mer

MASK
------
Valmont Renewing Pack
Thalgo Moisture Quenching Mask

Antiaging/Prevention
--------------------
Cellex C Advance
Cellex C Hydra 5 B-Complex
Philosophy Hope In A JAR

Makeup
-------
Mac Studio Tech NC20(for dry skin)
Jan Iredale Disappear (To cover my monthly blemish.)

I'm looking for a cleanser with micro beads to exfoliate my dry skin but gentle on the skin and won't cause irratation or additional dryness on my skin. Also looking for better vitamin C serum that won't turn orange so fast like the one I'm using now. And anything that will help with my dry skin.(I'm currenctly eating plenty of vegetables,fruits and drink at least 5-6 bottle of water. But soon I will be on a master cleanse to help give my skin it glow back)

And.........

IF anyone here know of other skincare company other than Dr Hauschka that produce natural skincare please let me know.

A big thanks in advance for anyone that reply.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:45 am      Reply with quote
My personal fav. for C serum is the C+ firming serum from Cellularskinrx.com. I also like their Polishing Grains which can be added to most any cleanser to turn it into an exfoliator instantly. They are very fine adzuki bean powder but have enough ooomph to still take the dead skin off.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
I second what betterat40 said. Cellular-rx vit C does not turn and I have had mine for months.

5% products discount

Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Peter Thomas Roth has one with buffing beads that gets great reviews.
Mabsy

Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:27 am      Reply with quote
tiki177 - in terms of other brands that make natural skincare, have a look at Jurlique, Decleor, and YonKa.

I always recommend the Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream as a gentle exfoliating and pore cleansing cleanser. The catch is though that you need to use it on a makeup-free face, so you need to use a cleanser first. It does have exfoliating bits in it but they are not micro beads. It *really* is worth it for most people and it's a wonderful way of gently, but very effectively, cleaning out your pores.

Alternatively, if you don't like that idea, I can also recommend the Peter Thomas Roth Botanial Buffing Beads that lucy2 already suggested. It's a very gentle scrub althoug I'm not sure that I'd use it twice daily or even daily.

In terms of vit C - I find Cellex-C to be effective but it turns orange too quickly on me. There have been posts here that suggest that this is not an indication of complete loss of potency but I still don't like that because of the potential to stain clothing (if you apply this on your neck, which I do). I can definitely recommend the Vivier serums as they remain the same color for a LOT longer than the Cellex-C. They would also be better for drier skin than the Cellex-C. The CSRx serum also gets good reviews here based on how long it remains the same color and may be a good choice for you because it has even more "slip" than the Vivier (the CSRx serum felt too "oily" on my normal skin).
tiki177

Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

Thanks alot for all the suggestions. I'll be looking into those products as when I have time. I don't need it now but just for my next order. Maybe 2-3 months from now since I still have plenty of cream/lotion and mask laying around. Again thanks alot.

Mabsy,can you give any suggestion on what product I should try out from Jurlique, Decleor, and Yonka skincare line? Are they any better then Dr Hauschka? I'm liking DrHaushka cream at the moment but the scent is a little too strong.
yinyangqi77
5% products discount

Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
tikil77,
Welcome...isn't this the best forum...so much fantasic info! (Thanks everyone!!) Myself I adore Eminence Organic Skin Care. Luv them!! Hard to find for some but worth it i think!!
Mabsy

Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:14 am      Reply with quote
tiki177 wrote:
Mabsy,can you give any suggestion on what product I should try out from Jurlique, Decleor, and Yonka skincare line? Are they any better then Dr Hauschka? I'm liking DrHaushka cream at the moment but the scent is a little too strong.

The one product that I really love from Jurlique is probably not going to suit you as a moisturiser because it won't be enough. What I'm talking about is the Herbal Recovery Gel. Great as a moisturiser but if you're on the drier side then this could only be a serum for you. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the Jurlique creams for dry skin so I hope that someone else might help you with that choice. I highly recommend their Rosewater Spray if you like spritzing your face during the day for extra moisture or just refreshment.

YonKa Juvenil is good for breakouts (and preventing breakouts) together with Creme 15 as well. I really like their Gel Nettoyant as well. It's supposed to be for all skin types and is a cleanser that removes all makeup (including eye makeup). With my normal/combo skin it left my face comfortable and not stripped.

In terms of Decleor, Essential Balm is really good for decongesting the skin. Harmonie Essentielle cream is fantastic if you have any rashes or reactions that you need to calm down (so, it's generally good for sensitive skin). I also like the oils from Decleor. If your skin is on the dry side then Aromessence Angelique could be a good addition before your moisturiser.

That's just a brief run-down. I hope others will provide you with some of their suggestions.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |