Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lines Under Eyes - what product?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Joom
5% products discount

Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi

I'm after a bit of advice. I'm 32 years old and over the past year I've noticed a big increase in the lines underneath my eyes. I've tried a few products but they don't seem to have made any difference. Apart from my eyes the rest of my face is not really showing any signs of aging.

Does anyone have any recommendationd for a good product to try? I'm a bit confused by all the products out there some say they treat dehydration lines, some wrinkles but as I'm unsure what the lines actually are I'm not sure what kind of product to get. The lines don't extend to the sides of my eyes basically the start in the corner by my nose and extend to about half way across my eye but they do seem quite deep. Also does anybody have any luck disguising these with concealer? All I seem to do is draw attention to them when I apply it.

Thanks in advance.
Mabsy

Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:06 am      Reply with quote
Joom - how is your water intake? If you don't drink enough water then try to make yourself drinks a lot more than usual and see if that has any effect at all. When I drop off my water intake I can see dehydration lines under my eyes (depending on what cream I use as well).

I would suggest that you go for a richer cream in order to deal with these lines as well. If you happen to have any Dr Hauschka Rose Day Cream on hand (not sure if you do or what products you usually use) then this can double as a wonderful rich eye cream. Only use this if you are not prone to millia (little bumps under the skin if you use rich creams).

If you let us know what you have used in the past (so that we can have some basis to compare to) then we might be able to suggest eye creams that are better suited to you. Or treatments (like argireline for example) that can help with the lines if they are not caused by lack of moisture in the skin.
Joom
5% products discount

Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy

Thanks a lot for you reply. I don't drink a lot of plain water but my general fluid intake is quite good e.g. I'll drink sparkling water with a squeeze of lime juice or sugar free squash. Does this count or should I increase my consumption of plain water? One thing that has just occurred to me is that I am on water tablets for high blood pressure treatment and it's round the time I started taking these the lines seemed to get worse. Products I've used in the past include :

Liz Earle Daily Eye Repair and Smoothing Line Serum.
Decleor Vitaroma Wrinkle prevention eye cream.
Estee lauder Resillience eye cream.
L'oreal Wrinkle Decrease (this seemed to make them worse).
Clinique anti gravity eye cream.

I also have in my collection Decleor Hydrotenseur and Clinique All About Eyes but I've not got round to trying either of these products yet.
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:53 am      Reply with quote
Haven't tried the Decleaor - but from what I understand, it's more for toning the eye - not so much for moisturization. All About Eyes is a great light eye gel for daytime use that I have used before. But I ended up switching to a richer eye cream when I started to get fine lines under my eyes. You might want to start drinking plain water. Beverages made with water don't count.
Also, you might want to strat using an eye cream that contains hyaluronic acid. HA holds 1,000 times its weight in water and literally "plumps up" fine lines and wrinkles. Also, you might want to start taking an Omega oil supplement like fish oil or flax seed oil. Just some ideas! Good Luck!
Smile
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:00 am      Reply with quote
Pbsadhaka, Do you know of an eye cream containing HA? Been looking for one for a while (pref' one that isn't stupid expensive!)
Thanks! Very Happy

Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:00 am      Reply with quote
Out of the creams you have listed I have only tried Clinique All About Eyes. It was ok, I like cream-gel formulations but I never ended up repurchasing because I didn't think it was moisturising enough for me. I would suggest that you try something richer and increase your water intake as well. There may be a link between the medicine you're taking as well, perhaps discuss this with your doctor and also find out if you should increase your water intake in general (for health reasons really) with this type of medication. I once got migranes before I figured out that the supplements I was taking actually meant that I needed to drink more water (which I wasn't doing).

Darren's suggestion about an eye cream with HA is a very good one in my opinion. I can't think of an eye cream with HA, however, I think that Okusil (Alphaderma range) has HA in it and also argireline to help with lines. Otherwise there are pure HA serums that you can use under your eye cream.
tiki177

Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
You can start of by taking some vitamin that contain :

vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin E , vitamin b5,flaxseed oil with lots of water daily. If you cant drink plain water then a glass of cold water with a squeeze of lime/lemon and a touch of honey. Please consult your doctor before taking any supplements.

As for cream I would recommend Dermalogica multivitamin power firm for eye and lip area. and the mutivitamin power recovery from dermalogica also. Phisophy hope in a jar is also great.
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:36 am      Reply with quote
I hate to sound like I'm plugging our line, but I can't think of another eye cream with HA either. Our Super Hydrating Eye Treatment Contains 20% Hyaluronic Acid. It is very hydrating.
I'd be happy to send you a sample if you like. Just PM me or email me with your address. You can read more about the product here:
http://www.psfskincare.com/prod03.htm

Many people on this forum do like the Okusil, but I have never tried it myself, so I can't comment personally.
Good luck,
Darren Smile

psfskincare.com
SugarFreeSheila
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Please see a dermatologist for a Retin-A prescription. Over-the-counter retinoid products simply do not compare.
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
YEs, if you are looking to start a retinol regimen, high concentrations are only available as a prescription. But have you used a retinol product before on your eyes with success? Some very sensitive people cannot tolerate them at a high concentration.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Actually, Skinceuticals is now offering a 1% retinol - previously the highest concentration available was .5%. This is VERY strong stuff. Generally, retinol is presented as not as irritating as Retin A, but if someone hasn't used it before, I wouldn't necessarily recommend starting at this level... It is highly effective though.
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to jump in with my two cents! I am in the same boat- 35- no crow's feet but fine lines starting right under the eye area. I drink a lot of water take fish oil and stuff but that does not seem to have made a difference. (Although it is so healthy for me overall it is worth taking anyway.)

I used Okusil and like some of the other members here I found it made the fine lines under my eye area worse and dried it out and it took along time after stopping using it for it to get back to normal.

pbsadhaka mentioned his eye cream with HA. (website pfskincare.com). I know he does not like to "plug' his own products but it is the only eye cream I have used that has made a difference for me in that area. It absorbs really well and is hydrating but not greasy. I'm really enjoying using it and like it better than anything else I have tried so far.
Cheeks
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:58 am      Reply with quote
Well I have PM'd Darren for my sample, so really looking forward to trying it Very Happy

T x
Mabsy

Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Ah, finally thought of another eye product with HA in it - CSRx Bright Eyes. I knew there was something else eye related that had HA in it! Came to me today as I was rummaging through one of my bathroom drawers...

Cheeks - pls let us know how you go with the PSF Skincare eye cream.
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Otherwise there are pure HA serums that you can use under your eye cream.

Is it ok to use HA around the eye area? I am in a similar situation to Joom in that I don't have a big problem with crows feet but I do seem to have suddenly developed some shocking lines under my eyes. Thought this was due to me sleeping with my face mushed into the pillow but I think I may as well just admit to myself that this sort of thing is going to start happening now that I'm 30. I have been making a real effort to increase my water intake over the last few months and usually have about 1-2 litres a day. It doesn't seem to have made any difference to my lines though.
Was wondering if I could just buy some HA and use that on my lines or would it be better to buy an eye cream that contains HA? I tend to get milia around the inner eye area so wouldn't want to try any rich eye creams.
I was going to invest in some Relax-A-Line or Vivier TMR, would this work on the lines under the eyes? Do argireline products get rid of the lines or do they just prevent them from getting any worse?
Mabsy

Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Toe - argireline products can get rid of some lines, depending on what those lines are caused by. I think argireline works best on lines caused by frowning because argireline works to relax the muscles and therefore relax the frown. With products like Alphaderma there may be other ingredients in there that also help with the lines (e.g. Okusil having both argireline and HA).

In terms of using HA around the eye area, I don't see why not. From my understanding of how it works though, it pulls the moisture deeper into the skin. So, if you put HA by itself onto your skin you might end up looking drier on the surface because it takes the moisture and pulls it in. So, as far as I know, you should apply a cream over the top of it so it has moisture to "work with" rather than sucking it out from the top layers of the skin. This is my very primitive understanding of HA so it would be nice if someone could confirm/deny this. If it is correct then that might also explain why some people have found Okusil drying (although I have no problems with it).
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, with the way that HA works, it would be better to either add some into your eye cream, or apply your eye cream first, and then put the pure HA over top to create a moisture barrier.
Mabsy

Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
pbsadhaka wrote:
Actually, with the way that HA works, it would be better to either add some into your eye cream, or apply your eye cream first, and then put the pure HA over top to create a moisture barrier.

hmm now I'm really confused! Pretty much all the HA serums and pure HA solutions I have seen say that they should be applied under moisturisers...
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
I know. For some reason, most skin care lines suggest to put them underneath a cream or lotion (like most treatments), but based on how HA really works, you would get a better result from doing the opposite. (mositurizer first, then HA)
That is, if it is pure HA. But if it is HA as a base for another active (peptides, vitamin c, etc) then it would be best to put it on first and then follow with a moisturizer. That way the actives don't have to penetrate through an oil based layer of product to absorb.
Mabsy

Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the explanation Darren Smile
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:38 am      Reply with quote
When I'm in a really dry environment or flying, I pat a few drops of HA overtop of my moisturizer and it just works wonders!
Pudoodles
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi

I have very crepey lines (and a little sagginess) under my eyes. I also have crows feet and two horrid little lines between my eyebrows. I am using vit c serum, alpha derma and okusil. my eyes still seem dehydtrated. after putting on foundation and bronzing powder the lines look really bad. Could anyone help please. im a little concerned that the okusil is making my lines worse??

thansk

Sally
x

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sally --

I know that both Cindi and I found the Okusil to be a COMPLETE unmitigated disaster. It made the skin under my eyes crepey and I suddenly had wrinkles! UGH

It took me a couple of weeks to just get my eyes back to normal after I stopped using it. I have no clue as to why I reacted so badly to the product. It was weird, especially since I tend to have skin that is on the oily side.

I switched to IS Clinical products overall. But for my eyes, I swear by the Decleor serum for firming and I love my teamine... It got rid of those undereye circles for good! Right now, I'm using a sample of Mabsy's beloved cellcosmet eye contour cream and I can see why she raves about. This stuff is FANTASTIC !!!

It definitely does sound like you are reacting to the Okusil the same way that both Cindi and I did. If I were you, I would put that stuff away for sure!!!
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi Katee

Ive actually only tried the okusil on the 5 day sample but dont want to carry on using this if this is what it may do. is the vit c serum and alpha derma a good thing to carry on with? and then to add another eye cream? I also use the Esthers masque and epidermx a few times a week

Sally

x

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sally...

I liked the Alpha Derma when I was using it and I'd never dream of going without a vitamin C product.

I only stopped using the Alpha Derma cause I got such dramatic results with the IS Clinical line.

Winnie and others are the Alpha Derma experts to be sure, but I'd say that if you are pleased with the results, stick with. I think its a great product overall - I just found something that better suited my needs.

Good luck!

Kate
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |