Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
What is the Darkest Fake Tan
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
nicky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi Guys

I have been doing my head and my purse in trying to fing a good dark fake tan that does not turn u orange - i have tried loads. The darkest i get is with 2 layers of St tropez, i want something that is dark that doesnt need 2 coats. Any ideas guys. I have been sent samples of Sweet Illusions tan by a distrubtor in the UK and am afraid of using them as i tested them on my guinea pig husbands arm and lily white mums leg and both had an orange colour on them, but i put a wee bit on my back last night and the colour never came up. I have came across a site "famous daves selt tanner" any comments on that either?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:33 am      Reply with quote
I have discovered a wonderful and convenient self tanner. It is manufactured by sun laboratories (they have a website) and it is the ultra dark spray. The application mimics an airbrush tan and dries in minutes. The fragrance is pleasant and evaporates quickly. The spray bronzes you immediately and deepens within in hours. I apply twice a week to maintain my tan. The color is fantastic....better than returning from the islands. If you order six bottles or more, the price is $16.00 per bottle. Since I like to conserve the product, I only spray on my arms, chest, and back. I use the cheaper creams on my legs. With this type of use, the bottle lasts me an entire month!!! Apparently, Consumer Reports rated this product as the best self tanner. Very Happy
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:19 am      Reply with quote
I have always heard good things about SUN Laboratories. Also, this Ultra Dark Aerosol Spray is for sale on E-bay for $14.59.

Sounds like a decent price to me. Thought I'd share.

Lori
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
So, does the Sun Labs spray evenly get your back? My husband always applies it to my back in summer when I show it, otherwise I just do my arms and legs in the spring and winter. I would love something I could get my back with!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
The Sunlabs lotion in 'Dark' gives the darkest result - darker then the 'Ultra Dark' for some strange reason Confused I usually use Fake Bake but use the Sunlabs Dark lotion from time to time.

The website iswww.sunlabs-uk.com Cool
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
Sunlabs? good to know our local beauty supply sells this but I didn't think much about it. I read Fake Bake, but now I will need to try Sunlabs. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:18 am      Reply with quote
the stuff body builders use!

I can find out the names if you really want to look like an old oak door. Embarassed
nicky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys

thanks for the advice on the sun labs, i think i will give them a try once i find a cheap supplier, as i priced the 8oz bottle here and it is £26. I would like to find a supplier in the US as the exchange rate is excellent at the moment.

thanks again for the advice

nicola

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:15 am      Reply with quote
I’m really, really pale, so I prefer ‘subtle’ self-tanners, like the Jergen’s Natural Glow self-tanning body lotion. My mom is just the opposite and loves the self-tanners that make you really dark without turning you orange. Her fave is “Savage Bronze” which is available at Sallys Beauty supply stores in the U.S.. It’s a tinted mousse formula, and when the fake tan develops, it’s a lovely nut-brown color with absolutely no hint of orange. If memory serves me right, it was $12.99USD for an 8-ounce bottle. One important note: Savage Bronze will seriously stain the palms of your hands so it’s best to apply it wearing a pair of rubber gloves!! The scent of Savage Bronze reminds me a bit of burnt chocolate.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:17 am      Reply with quote
P.S. I just looked up the SUN Lab’s Ultra Dark spray on MUA and it looks like it’s gotten pretty mixed reviews...here’s the link if you want to read them for yourself: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=51256/Ultra_Dark_Self_Tanning_Spray/SUN_Laboratories/Self_Tanners/
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:51 am      Reply with quote
hmm...thanks Carrie. I really doesn't sound like you can just spray it on, it needs to be rubbed in. And I would most definitely make a mess with it - my body and my bathroom.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Go to the experts here http://www.sunless.com/phorum/list.php?f=1

Everything about sunless tanning.

Blue
ella89

Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:37 am      Reply with quote
I usually use St Tropez but got my hands on the Mystic Tan 3-step body pack & found it much darker than St Tropez. The colour is very nice, but I am a bit of a fake tan klutz so it was a bit disastrous around my hands & feet, it definitely requires some skill!
ModelCo Tan in a Can is also quite dramatic.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |