Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Valmont vs. Cellcosmet (help me decide!)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
angelasaeki

Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi, this is my first time to post here and I hope you all can help me. I really want to try Valmont and/or Cellcosmet products after reading about them here on EDS. But I'm confused about what to buy for my skin type. What's the difference between these lines and which do you think would be better for me? I would really appreciate your recommendations and reviews of these products if you've tried them. Thanks in advance! Smile

I am 26 with very fair (caucasian), sensitive skin, currently living in Osaka, Japan, which has a very harsh climate of cold, dry winters and extremely hot, humid summers. All the pollution here in the city doesn't help either. I had really oily skin and bad acne as a teenager, which led to a lot of acne scars, and red spots that I still have. After taking Accutane and a course of microdermabrasion, my skin is not as oily and acne prone as before. However, it still looks blotchy with red and brownish spots although it is smooth to the touch. It also usually feels tight in my cheek area and oily in my T-zone to make me have to use those oil-blotting papers everyday. I have broken capillaries around my nose and fine lines are appearing around my eyes and on my forehead. If I'm out in the sun and wind for more than an hour my face will feel sore and sting when I wash it. It turns red easily with hot or cold water or if I get excited and nervous about something. I get facials once or twice a month and am currently using Dermalogica and Murad products but really want to try something new.

All I ever wanted was normal, balanced skin and I've tried so many products with just so-so results. Is there hope with Valmont and Cellcosmet? Or something else I don't know about yet? Please help, I'll try anything! Smile
Mabsy

Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:00 am      Reply with quote
I don't think one can categorically say which line is better than the other. All I know is that the Cellcosmet Eye Cream is still my absolute favorite and I highly recommend it Smile For winter, I would also suggest the Gentle Cream Cleanser from Cellcosmet as well.

Given the difference in temperature and humidity that you mentioned, you will need to probably get used to adjusting your skincare to the season you're in. So, thicker creams in winter and lotions or gels in summer.

I honestly don't know much about the Valmont/Cellcosmet products apart from what I have tried. I don't have any knowledge about their exfoliants or any products for pigmentation, scarring, or broken capilaries. I would actually suggest that you throw a general question out onto the board with your type of skin and also the climate and then pick products from different lines. My opinion here is that while some lines have many good products (and Cellcosmet seems to be one of those lines for me), most lines have their star products for various skin types. What you want to do is pick such a product (be it cleanser, moisturiser, mask, whatever) regardless of the line it's from.

For example, getting away from Valmont and Cellcosmet, given the environment you live in and the blotchiness that you are experiencing, I would recommend that you use a vitamin C serum underneath your moisturiser. Vivier does a less-drying serum which might be good for you in winter, Skinceuticals does an almost water-like serum that would be good in summer. You said that you have sensitive skin though so you'd just need to make sure that you get a serum with a low concentration (like say 10% or below depending on how sensitive your skin is).

ps. If you need detailed help with the Valmont and Cellcosmet lines and do not get the answers here then I suggest you email one of the ladies at EDS and ask for their professional help.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:29 am      Reply with quote
I agree with Mabsy totally re: VC and pulling star products from different lines....
Re: the Cellcosmet - My experience with it has been really fantastic. The eyecream is a star product for me *for sure*. If you are interested in improving the texture around the eye area and softening lines - this one is *great* - just be sure not to overdo it - a little goes a long way - it's really concentrated...I've tried the Cellcosmet sensitive day treatment as well - I break out in hives and get itchy skin when I'm really stressed - this cream calms my skin right down...but I'm not sure if it would be too much for your skin type.....The Cellcosmet Exfoliating Cream does a great job - but it has a pretty traditional "feel" as far as exfoliators go - very fine grains that can feel a little sharp9IMHO..)...I prefer the Derm Microfoliant for sure...Don't know anything about Valmont - sorry!
Pudoodles
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
I use Cellcosmet Contour Eye Cream for my eye area and like it very much. I also use Valmont Renewing Pack at night when I am too tired to go through skin care procedures at night. It worked very well for me too. Those two products were all recommended by EDS members. This is a great site.

As Mabsy and Pudoodles recommended, it is better for you to pick different products from different lines that will work for the skin problems you are trying to improve. As for the pigmentation, I have used all kinds of expensive products that manufacturers claimed would work for pigmentation, but have not seen improvement.

Rose
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |