Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

FOUNDATION AND FACE BRONZERS
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi

I was wondering if some of you could help with regards to makeup.

I have crepey lines under my eyes, crows feet and frown lines - also a few lines around my lips. After cleansing my face and applying vit c serum (am) skin prep (am/pm) alpha derma (am/pm) oskuil oil (am/pm) and using epidermx and esters secret masque a few times a week my skin is looking a little better. however once i put foundation on followed by bronzing powder my wrinkles look worse than ever and my skin looks old and dry. i tend to use a fake tan ove my body but not always on my face.

Pease could someone help as to what sort of foundations and bronzers which i could use without looking older. im 37 but feel i look a lot lot older. ive had years of being anorexic, smoking and also lived in the sun for a long time.

Any help with makeup and skincare would be very much appreciated. Is there anywhere where i can buy samples of makeup to try.

Thanks to you all
Sally
x

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sally,

If your wrinkles look worse after you put on foundation and bronzing powder, I can only conclude that either your foundation and/or powder is too drying and therefore accentuating the lines.

You may want to consider using a pre-makeup primer to "fill up" the lines before using foundation. An example would be Clarins' Makeup Start. Another trick would be to try a radiance enhancer like By Terry's Colour Skin Enhancer, either on its own or under foundation.

What foundation are you using, may I ask? You may also want to consider changing to a foundation which is more dewy, with just a light touch of powder (talc-free would be good). Bronzers are designed to give you a sunkissed look, but sometimes it can be yellowish and make you look older.

Another thing I would do - wear sunscreen! It's not too late to start! Smile
Mabsy

Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
I think the idea of a primer is a good one. I would first investigate the foundation and the bronzing powder. For example, stop using the bronzing powder for a few days and see if the problem is still the same. Some bronzing powders are not finely milled enough and can accentuate lines. If you still get the same thing when not using the bronzer then perhaps it's the foundation. You might need a more moisturising version.

Btw, in terms of your morning routine, the skin prep gel should be used before the vit C Wink
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
I would skip the powder and go for a moisturizing foundation for a dewier look. As for the eye area, you need a hydrating eye cream, something more emollient rather than eye gels. This will take some experimenting until you find something you're satisfied with.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sally

I'm pretty much following the same AM regimen as you and I find I must moisturise on top of the Alphaderma before foundation or it goes on a bit crumbly.

I'm not a big make up user. I always found it accentuated lines whatever I tried, but I'm finding the mineral makeup much more flattering so you could investigate that option.

I also have the crepey undereye problem and I think you need a decent eyecream on top of the C and Okusil, unfortunately I don't have one. But I found a sample of Avene Eau Thermale extreme sunblock 50 SPF!!! in my cupboard and I'm using that on my undereyes and with a little mineral powder over it that's working well for me. I just mention this because it's cheap and readily available from lots of UK shops (ask for a sample it will last ages). I sometimes put a touch of Camellia oil on my eye area after the alpha and before 'eye cream' moisturiser too.

So, yes - you need another step before you put on your makeup - much more moisture. M
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:26 am      Reply with quote
Hello to all you little ladies

Thank you for all your suggestions. Wow - where to start and what with. Does anyonw have any ideas on what foundation to go with? At the moment im using a Lancome foundation - think this is light reflecting for aged skin. I do think my problem is with the bronzer more than anything. It just that i like to have that tanned, sunkissed look. I think i ought to gradually cut down on my tan colour a bit. with regards to putting an eye cream over the vit c and Oskuil does anyone have any suggestions

Many thanks

Sally
x

Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:38 am      Reply with quote
salster68 wrote:
with regards to putting an eye cream over the vit c and Oskuil does anyone have any suggestions

The Cellcosmet eye cream is good for lines but quite expensive. Really, though, I think you need the eye cream mainly for moisture. The Okusil should do the rest. In which case I can highly recommend the Babor Sensational Eyes eye cream. Nice and light yet quite moisturising. I also think it's important to use SPF so I would suggest that you use an eye cream with SPF during the day (the Murad one is great!) or use a normal sun block around the eye area.
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sally,

I also like the sun kissed look without actually tanning my face. What works best for me is just using my regular foundation with bronzing powder over top. My favourite is Physicians Formula beads of perfection. It has multi tones of beads that blend really well. You can go as light or dark as you want depending on how many times you swirl your brush in the beads.

HTH
Sherri
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:52 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone again

thanks for the other suggestions. Maybe the bronzing balls would be better than the pressed powder version. I use a fake tan on my body but find when using one on my face (and ive tried many) they make me look a bit dirtyfied as they seem to block my pores and make them stand out

does anywhere do samples of makeup?
x

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |