Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
BPAL in the UK.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:17 am      Reply with quote
http://theapothecaryscat.com/blackphoenix/

For lovers of BPAL. I think I've mentioned them before but the Cat has extended it's range and you don't have to wait 2 months for an order Laughing
BTW the new Madini perfumes are great. Names aren't as funky but the scents are.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:41 am      Reply with quote
What's BPAL?
Mabsy

Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:42 am      Reply with quote
Lucky you! There's no place that carries BPAL in Brisbane Sad Mind you, the last few orders of BPAL have actually got to me in just over a month. Pretty good relatively speaking. But, I think I already have what I need and I don't think I'll be ordering anything else from them for a while. I have one last order outstanding (the pink moon one).
Mabsy

Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:43 am      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
What's BPAL?

Black Phoenix Alchemy Labs perfume oils Smile
http://www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com/
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:58 am      Reply with quote
You wear embalming fluid???? Wink
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:18 am      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:

yep. I have that one. Cool
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:40 am      Reply with quote
I've just checked out this website - it's fascinating!
Are the fragrances all very heavy though (usually 'gothic/hippy type' fragrances like the Patchouli gives me a headache despite me liking the smell!)

I particulalry like the look of the bewitching brews section!!!
Didn't look at the Funereal - bit too close to home at the mo as just lost a friend of mine:O(.

Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:42 am      Reply with quote
Eve wrote:
sarahb wrote:

Ditto! Laughing
Eve - if you like Embalming Fluid then you might like White Chapel as well perhaps? Just a thought....
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:17 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Eve wrote:
sarahb wrote:

Ditto! Laughing
Eve - if you like Embalming Fluid then you might like White Chapel as well perhaps? Just a thought....

Got that as an imp Laughing Water of Notre Dame is nice and fresh too Cool

The only one I haven't liked was Zombi - that really doesn't suit me or my nose.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:34 am      Reply with quote
Sorry to sound thick - whats an imp (in the contect of this conversation!!)? Laughing

Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:40 am      Reply with quote
Lucia wrote:
Sorry to sound thick - whats an imp (in the contect of this conversation!!)? Laughing

It's what BPAL calls sample vials Smile
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:16 am      Reply with quote
Ahhh! All becomes clear! I may have to try some!

What are your recommendations (I like the look of the choccy one but is it really sweet - I have a bottle of 'Serendipitous' which I like but have to be in the mood to wear as it's more marshmallow than choc?)
I usually wear Antonias Flowers (my fav is Tiempe Passate but I like the other lighter ones too), I also like 'Joy' and No' 5 oh and Lush 'Ginger'. (I HATE anything like Opium/Poison YSL or EL in general and any of these commercial fragrances that all smell of citrus!
Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:26 am      Reply with quote
Lucia wrote:
Ahhh! All becomes clear! I may have to try some!

What are your recommendations (I like the look of the choccy one but is it really sweet - I have a bottle of 'Serendipitous' which I like but have to be in the mood to wear as it's more marshmallow than choc?)
I usually wear Antonias Flowers (my fav is Tiempe Passate but I like the other lighter ones too), I also like 'Joy' and No' 5 oh and Lush 'Ginger'. (I HATE anything like Opium/Poison YSL or EL in general and any of these commercial fragrances that all smell of citrus!
Thanks!

Well Bliss is suposed to be like milk chocolate - I have some waiting at home so I'll report back on that one.

Sudha Sigara to me smells like milky/tea/ginger.

Pele has a hint of ginger and a 'foreign' flower scent. That's a nice summery scent.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:22 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Eve!
Will order some samples I think! If Bliss smells like milk chocolate then I will HAVE to get some!! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Ok - I couldn't resist!!!
I ordered samples from the cat of - Leanan Sidhe, Bliss, and Persephone - loved the descriptions on the website! Also ordered a 5ml of Pele on Eve's description!
Can't wait - they sound really interesting! I can't believe I only just discovered this site - loads of lovely stuff!!!
Thanks for bringing it to my attention Eve!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Lucia wrote:
Ok - I couldn't resist!!!
I ordered samples from the cat of - Leanan Sidhe, Bliss, and Persephone - loved the descriptions on the website! Also ordered a 5ml of Pele on Eve's description!
Can't wait - they sound really interesting! I can't believe I only just discovered this site - loads of lovely stuff!!!
Thanks for bringing it to my attention Eve!!!

Very Happy
Cool I am an enabler.

The good thing is if you hate them you can always flog them on ebay or swap them Wink
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:16 am      Reply with quote
Well I got my perfume oils yesterday!

Love them!!!

Bliss really does smell like milk chocolate, the Pele is lovely. Persephone is nice but not sure it's me though I've not tried it on yet - reminds of sweets for some reason!!My favorite has to be the Leanan Sidhe though - I adore this and I've had loads of compliments on it even though I've only worn it today!
So needless to say am off to order a ful sized bottle and probably some more imps too!! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:36 am      Reply with quote
Lucia wrote:
Well I got my perfume oils yesterday!

Love them!!!

Bliss really does smell like milk chocolate, the Pele is lovely. Persephone is nice but not sure it's me though I've not tried it on yet - reminds of sweets for some reason!!My favorite has to be the Leanan Sidhe though - I adore this and I've had loads of compliments on it even though I've only worn it today!
So needless to say am off to order a ful sized bottle and probably some more imps too!! Laughing

LOL See! it's addictive.
I wasn't sure about Leanan Sidhe so didn't try it.

I did get some Snake Oil. Smells like brown sugar, vanilla and something perfumey I can't nail down.
Dracul - smokey sweet oranges.
Bliss - chocolate
Silk Road - not sure what I can smell in this.
Aeval - not tried yet Laughing
Chaste Moon- You remember butterkiss toffee popcorn? that's what this smells like.
Living Flame - smells vibrant have to have another sniff.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:17 am      Reply with quote
It is addictive! (Like I need another place to order stuff from!LOL! Laughing )
Just placed my order plus some MORE samples - wish I'd read your reply first though the Chaste Moon smells like Butterkist??!?!? - Sounds yummy!
Oh well - ordered the full size Leanan Sidhe, plus imps of 'The Ghost', "Rose Cross" and "Silk Road".
Looked at the Living Flame but wasn't sure!
The longer I have on the Leanan the more I love it - it was one that as soon as I smelt it in the sample I knew it would be the one I'd wear first.
Really happy with my oils - and good prices too! Very Happy

Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:00 am      Reply with quote
My last order had bottles of Chaste Moon, Aeval, Brisingamen, Living Flame, Whitechapel, and Intrigue. Of those, I don't like Aeval although I'm willing to give it another go Smile I hated the smell of Chaste Moon out of the bottle but it turns lovely on the skin after a few minutes. Living Flame smells nice but I'm not sure if it's something that I'll wear.....

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:18 am      Reply with quote
I amazed how these can change on the skin - I know all fragrances do to a greater or lesser degree but these seem to personalise themselves totally - my friend liked the one I have on today so much she tried it on and it smells totally different on her - you wouldn't know it was the same fragrance. I'm going to try the Persephone on that basis - not sure I like it in the bottle but I may warm to it once its on!
I just had a look at the BPAL site - there's LOADS more than the cat carry - I could have got carried away but I'm hopelessly impatient when it comes to waiting for parcels so will wait till the cat stock some of the others!
(They don't have the Chaste Moon or several of the others mentioned at the moment).

Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:22 am      Reply with quote
Indeed, it's really worth trying them on the skin, even if you think they absolutely reek and there is no way that you'll like them.

Chaste Moon (and the whole Lunacy (moon) series) is a limited edition that is only available for one day. Living Flame is also an LE but it was available for a few weeks I think before they ran out. BPAL often does limited blends that become rather sought after (I once saw someone on eBay pay over $100 for a bottle of a discontinued BPAL!).

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:53 am      Reply with quote
I just checked out Ebay actually - they have the Chaste Moon on there and its running at about double the normal price for 5mls at the moment.
$100?!?!? Shock They must have liked it a LOT! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:17 am      Reply with quote
Lucia wrote:
I just checked out Ebay actually - they have the Chaste Moon on there and its running at about double the normal price for 5mls at the moment.
$100?!?!? Shock They must have liked it a LOT! Laughing

now way I'd pay that much. I have considered decanting some oil & flogging the imps, help pay for the * spam alert *.I'd feel guilty if anything went for that much.

Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
The $100 one was actually being sold by the Lab themselves. They do sometimes sell stuff on eBay as well - generally the rare stuff. Their eBay username is blackphoenixstudios.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |