Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

dermalogica microfoliant
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cbrooke
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
Ok...I am going to try dermalogica for my congested, slightly dry skin.
I have narrowed it done to a few products:
essential cleaning solution
multi-active toner
daily microfoliant (which everyone seems
to love!)
sheer moisture spf 15 (day)

What should I use for a richer night-time mosturizer? Am I missing anything?

Anyone have opinions/reviews/suggestions about the products I selected.

Thanks!!!
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:14 am      Reply with quote
Yep! Skin Smoothing Cream! That will fit in really well as your night time moisture. Lovely product. Enjoy your Dermalogica... been my favourites for ages. Smile
princesita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried essential cleansing solution but all the other derm products you've mentioned are brilliant (especially daily microfoliant - I couldn't live without it!! Laughing ). I agree with muzzie about skin smoothing cream, it's moisturising without feeling too heavy or greasy on your skin. Active moist is also nice if you have oilier skin (mine tends to get a little dry tho so I prefer skin smoothing). I also recommend the hydrating booster. It's a little bit expensive for such a small bottle but it lasts for months and months. If you're skin is feeling a little blah Sad just put a drop or two of the booster in with either your sheer moisture or skin smoothing or even directly onto your face straight after toning.
Belle
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
I would definitely add in Skin Smoothing Cream as your moisturizer to that mix.
cbrooke
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone Very Happy

I have updated by wish list:
special cleansing gel
daily microfoliant
gentle cream exfoliant
sheer moisture SPF15
skin smoothing cream

I think I am going to skip the toner as I am not really sure if it is required or what it does Laughing

Think I may purchase the Normal-Dry skin care kit to give things a try before buying the big sizes.

I am going to the EDS spa for a skin consultation. I will post how it goes and what goodies I bought Very Happy
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:24 am      Reply with quote
Thats a really good basic list there for your skin type... you should be happy with those!
DO get a starter kit though - you'll get a small spray bottle of the MultiActive toner and you'll see whether you like it or not!
I really like it personally.
My very favourite out of all of those is the Gentle Cream Exfoliant.... for me it is the most effective out and I just love it! ( more than the Daily Microfoliant even, but its just me ...it's a real instant visable result that lasts for 2-3 days on me.) Smile
princesita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:47 am      Reply with quote
Lucky you muzzie!! I was excited to try gentle cream exfoliant but my stupid over-sensitive skin did not approve!! I woke up in the middle of the night because my whole face and neck were itching like crazy. At first I didn't realise that's what was causing it so I used it again and the same thing happened Mad Any other dermalogica products you would recommend?
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi Princesita,
Ohhh that's terrible. I have a reasonably senstive skin too but the Gentle Cream Exfoliant really doesn't upset my skin at all! Surprised I find Glycolic products ( anything over 10%) usually make my face red and tend to overexfoliate and make the corners of my mouth and around my nose very sore.
It's a shame our skins cant all be the same! I wish it wasnt that way for you. Sad
Other products... I LOVE LOVE LOVE... Day Bright. It's a part of the 3 products ( Nightbright and the Daily Microfoliant being the other) that make up their brightening system. I used all 3 and found a literal difference in little pigmentation marks I had over those couple of months. I ran out of them all and just bought the Day Bright to continue with ...it is a GORGEOUS texture... non oily, SPF 15.. peachy slight shimmer and great under makeup.
Daily Microfoliant I always have and used before the Brightening system anyway.
I am a big fan of Total Eye Care ( also SPF15) too. Similar ...not oily... slight shimmer and cooling... smoothing, nice!
I like Gentle Soothing booster a lot too.... I mix a bit of that in my Skin Smoothing cream ( if at night) or Active moist (in day) after I do Gentle Cream Exfoliant... or Skin Prep scrub. I am one of those that normally goes temporarily a bit red after a physical "scrub" for a while and the booster seems to speed up that "recovery" time. It is supposed to be good for broken capillaries too over time... but I dont really have a problem with those, so I cant say if it does or not!
Ummmmmm.... Oh dear... you know there probably arent too many of the Dermalogica face care products that I HAVENT used actually.... if you want to know about any ones in particular.... sing out ok?
( nice to see you are an Aussie too btw!) Very Happy
Mabsy

Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:44 am      Reply with quote
Sorry to hijack, but, Muzzie those brightening creams sound great! How is the shimmer in the Day Bright? Is it obvious or you can't tell on the skin?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy, Not at all! The shimmer of the Day Bright is extremely fine.... not garish at all. Its not like any visible glitter particles or anything, just a very soft pale peachy ( doesnt make your face look hot and bothered or anything in it's colour though)and slightly pearlescent lotion. Shimmer is probably too strong a word. It just makes you glow a bit, but not in an oily way...so under foundation it completely disappears altogether but leaves you looking sort of more healthy looking. Smile It smells like oranges too by the way. ( and has Vit C in it)
Mabsy

Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Muzzie - that sounds *so* tempting! Drool

Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Wink I have to butt in mention what I reckon is the ultimate skincare product. I'm totally addicted to ultracalming cleanser, it's the absolute best.I chop and change skin care products like my underwear ie. every day! But this product is the 1 thing I can't stay away from. My skin feels clean (also takes off mascara - even Blinc!) never irritated (I have sensitive skin) and I love the pump action and I can rinse it off! LOVE IT
SaffronRouge
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
You may want to go a different route on your morning moisturizer. The sheer tint is not very moisturizing. I have oily skin and it works well for me so if you have dry skin, it may not be enough.
Stretch
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
I would have to agree about the sheer tint. I have dry skin and it wasn't enough for me. I added some IS clinical cooling serum and that made all the difference.
princesita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks muzzie, I had been wondering about the day bright and night bright. Another thing to add to my "must try" list Very Happy Between your and Mabsy's recommendations I'm going to have to build another cupboard in the bathroom to house all of my products Laughing
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2005 2:05 am      Reply with quote
Ooh you're welcome Princesita,
Ummm... I have so many that I actually have one of those linen cupboards in the hallway crammed with stuff!!! Hubby would die if he added it all up over the years.... Rolling Eyes
cbrooke
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 02, 2005 9:49 am      Reply with quote
I was thinking of using the Sheer Moisture for day because it has the SPF in it. However, it seems that most of you use seperate moisturizer and then a sunblock on top?

Should I use the skin smoothing cream day and night and use another SPF product over it during day? What does everyone recommend? Also, do you always use the sunblock, or only during summer?
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 02, 2005 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
I dont. I use DayBright or Sheer Moisture, I have that one too as the both have an SPF 15 rating and that's enough when I have foundation on top that has SPF in it too! My skin is definitely on the oily side so anymore in the way of layers and my face would slide off by lunchtime. Very Happy
I still like the Skin smoothing cream at night as my "night cream" though.
There is another Dermalogica option too.... the Solar Booster which is an SPF 30 on its own or if you mix in with your moisturiser or your foundation that cuts it down to an SPF15.
I live in Australia ...so just because of the ozone layer hole above me I use something with SPF both winter and summer... but like I said I can't layer and layer without getting over loaded because of my oily tendency!
Mabsy

Tue May 03, 2005 3:10 am      Reply with quote
cbrooke wrote:
I was thinking of using the Sheer Moisture for day because it has the SPF in it. However, it seems that most of you use seperate moisturizer and then a sunblock on top?

Should I use the skin smoothing cream day and night and use another SPF product over it during day? What does everyone recommend? Also, do you always use the sunblock, or only during summer?

I always use sunblock during the day - regardless of the season or cloud coverage for that matter.

As I said before, whether you use the sheer tint or go for a cream and then SPF, will depend on how much moisture your skin needs. If you have dry skin then the sheer tint may not be enough.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |