Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Best ORGANIC / NATURAL skin care & makeup lines??? :-)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
MetroVegan
5% products discount

Fri May 06, 2005 5:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, I received the code from her and its easy to use.

What does everyone think of Miessence? One of my clients talked about them yesterday as we chatted about the other client who introduced me to The Organic Makeup Company.

Apparently this client buys product through her friends and we also brought up Aubrey Organic which I have used, but their makeup line is limited.
EMIKO
5% products discount

Sat May 07, 2005 5:48 am      Reply with quote
I have heard of Miessence here, but have not seen it in shops.

A friend in Hawaii placed an order for the Organic Makeup and the code worked metrovegan.

Has anyone tried the products from Paul Penders? They seem to have a complete line as well.
MetroVegan
5% products discount

Sun May 08, 2005 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Here's an interesting article from London, England,

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,18030-1571076,00.html

Looks like the German brands are strong there.
tinkerbell
5% products discount

Tue May 10, 2005 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Is it me, or is The Organic Makeup Company the only one that offers a vegan and all natural line that offers pressed powders? Question

I looked around and most others seem to offer loose powders only.

Is there a reason why they seem to be the only one offering pressed powders while others offer loose?

It seems most of the top conventional brands are offering pressed powders.
KARINA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2005 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
Tinkerbell..............thanks Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy.i emailed your friend and she gave me the code..........i saved $26.......which was really helpful....... since it meant.........i got the powder free!!!....thanks again............

regards Karina

p.s. i just started another thread on the Organic Makeup Company.........and only realised after that there already was a thread on this site.......duh or what........ Confused

Anyway........the thing that really made me buy from the company (apart from Tinkerbell's great help in getting the 20% discount code)...was that the company actually 'make up' your products there and then once they receive your order........they don't have massive stocks in a warehouse or anything.......see the quote below

" All orders are made fresh for you once your order has been received. Please allow 2-4 weeks for your shipment to arrive to you."

Very impressive!!!!

Just a last thought, wouldn't it be nice if they did an eyeshadow palette...........instead of having several little pots..........easier to carry and open.............!!!!
tinkerbell
5% products discount

Wed May 11, 2005 10:13 am      Reply with quote
You are most welcome Karina! Laughing

I did not know they made all their products fresh! Wow, that's a first for me!

FYI, I also heard this line is now finally available in the USA Shock Very Happy Laughing at the following,
www.faunafree.com

I took a quick look and they are offering customers an introductory discount! Laughing Laughing

Too bad, cause I already made my order a few days ago, but atleast I know now that I can get the line without all the duties Sad , charges Sad and save some shipping costs Sad .

Have a wonderful day!
MetroVegan
5% products discount

Sun May 15, 2005 8:29 am      Reply with quote
A friend in Canada just got her shipment of skin care items from the Organic Makeup Company.

She said that so far everything works well and the dead sea mud mask has been able to get rid of her blackheads in her nose and face.

It was funny as she did not realise that all the products are quite concentrated and use some of the products too liberaly at first, but she now realises that she only needs a few drops of the oils and creams to do the job she needs.

So far she says the line is "quite da bomb" and is waiting to try the makeup line. She said she's waiting for the eyeshadows to be done before she goes for that end of the product line.

By the way, anyone try their eyerest and neck pillows yet? I saw something similar at Sak's Fifth Avenue, but theyy wanted about $35 for something similar.
StyleGuru
5% products discount

Wed May 18, 2005 5:23 am      Reply with quote
One of my clients decided to make a switch to the organic makeup company from Zuzu Luxe and Gabriel cosmetics she's been using for a few years.

She said the skin care system and the lip colors work a lot better than the Gabriel and Zuzu lines. I guess the other determining factor was that this client's sister had some skin sensitivities and Organic Makeup worked for her.

Funny, my client's sister was informed by her dermatologist that Jane Iredale is the most neutral line of makeups available, but it didn't work. Afterwards the dematologist said there is no other makeup lines that will work for her, but the Organic Makeup seemed to do fine. Funny!

I guess it goes to say that not all doctors are right and that people have different skin conditions!
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 7:29 am      Reply with quote
I'm not really a 'natural' skincare type, but I was wondering do any of you recommend a natural sunscreen? I'm having serious doubts about the chemical ones.
Des
5% products discount

Wed May 18, 2005 8:34 am      Reply with quote
I just received my first shipment of OMC products last week. I agree with Metro Vegan's Canadian friend that the mud mask really helped with the blackheads on my nose too. I like the face oil and 4 drops are enough for my whole face and neck. I am also trying the exfoliant with their activator..... but I am not crazy about this. I find the flakes are too large for my liking.
StyleGuru
5% products discount

Sun May 22, 2005 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Des,

Is the face oil very concentrated? 4 drops to cover a face is very good! Does is absorb well?

For the exfoliator, I did not have problems with the exfoliant itself. I think you may have made it a bit too pasty.

I do agree that the mud mask does wonders and my pores have really been cleaned out.

Did you order some of the makeup too? Any feedback if you did? I am still quite the fan of the lipstick and foundation.
Zoe
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 24, 2005 4:43 am      Reply with quote
Do you girls use the powder on top of the liquid foundation? I've never used a power after liquid to set my make up (I hardly wear make up as it is!)

Would someone mind pm'ing me the discount code?! Sad Smile

Z
Des
5% products discount

Tue May 24, 2005 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi Style Guru,

The oil indeed feels concentrated. For the first couple of days, I used quite a bit more than 4 drops (just old habits of using "dime" size amount of product) and found that it felt like I ended up with more oil left over on my hands than on my face.

re whether is absorbs well... I haven't tried waiting to see how long it takes for the oil to completely absorb since I usually go to bed almost right away Very Happy but my face is quite soft and not greasy at all in the morning.

May be I am just not using the exfoliator right. I put the recommended amount of dry exfoliator in my palm and add a few drops of the activator, mix it until it is pasty, then I massage it on my face. It's not really a problem, I guess I just haven't gotten used to the texture of this product.

I did order a lip gloss from OMC -- the non-shimmer one (I forgot what it's called). It has a lot more color/tint than I expected from a lip gloss. I love the color and a little goes a long way. However, I don't find it glossy enough (or at all!) and that it is really thick, almost like it's dried out a bit. I definitely can't use this without a mirror. What I do is I dab the lip gloss onto my lips with the wand and then spread/even it out with my finger, otherwise too much color and too much product.

Des
StyleGuru
5% products discount

Sun May 29, 2005 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi Des,

For the 20% coupon, send a note to kenneth_e_jameson (AT) yahoo.com.au and they'll forward it to you.

I got my code from here and the lady here is using the entire line and has also given me some tips on using the products.

As for the exfoliator, I think you just need to adjust the mixture for your own needs as its worked well for me and my clients.

Since the line is "all natural", I think you may need to get used to some of the limitations natural ingredients, but for overall price, quality, look and feel, I have no complaints so far.
MetroVegan
5% products discount

Tue May 31, 2005 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
One of my salon clients is interested in the facial cleaner from the Organic Makeup Company.

Has anyone feedback on this item?

I have not tried this yet, but have been using the Dead Sea Mud Mask and exfoliator.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:48 am      Reply with quote
what are some make-up/skin-care lines that are not tested on animals?

5% products discount

Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried numerous mineral make up lines and it seems that I react to every one of them. I recently discovered MyChelle natural and organic skin care and make up at my local Whole Foods market. I just purchased a mineral stick cream foundation in Porcelain. It is not tested on animals. I have not tried it yet, but am hoping that I finally have found a foundation that works for my sensitive skin and will not irritate or break me out. The MyChelle product line looks excellent. The price for the foundation is around $25. I will report back my experiences with this cream mineral foundation.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Jenulence mineral makeup. I wish EDS would sell it so I could get a discount.

http://www.jenulence.com/
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
I like Weleda. I think in general you really can't go wrong with a lot of the lines sold at Whole Foods.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
I have bought a few items from the website:
www.anbmall.com

it is a website that lists all the smaller natural cosmetics companies in the US.
but it is just smell companies it seems.
not all are vegan though,some use emu or beeswax.

For mineral makeup I really like Abbey St Clare brand.
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:18 am      Reply with quote
Eminence organics is really good,and Priori has a very good mineral powder foundation.

Duchess Marden
has very good organic toner: This product is most often used as a gentle organic facial toner. The natural properties of rose water make this solution antiseptic, and great for cleansing or exfoliating purposes. Derived from fresh pink damask rose petals that are steam-distilled in cooper kettles. Has a sweet rose like scent.
l0rrie
5% products discount

Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:31 am      Reply with quote
I like Kimberly Sayer and Pure and True.. For make up I'm obsessed with 100% pure fruit tinted make up!
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:51 am      Reply with quote
RMS Beauty and Josie Maran
CASHA70

Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:14 am      Reply with quote
The best organic cosmetics I ever used is Forlled. Amazing results!
Aryanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
hey ladies, this is my first post!!

How about Pangea Organics..they are all natural and organic I think. I've been using its Italian Green Mandarin with Sweet Lime Facial Toner for a while now. Pretty good..leaves my face feel fresh and alive.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |