Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Review: Decleor Hydra Floral Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
siri
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 27, 2003 9:20 am      Reply with quote
**First of all -although Decleor claims this cream is for all skin types, I find it to be a very rich moisturizer, and maybe too rich for those with an oilier type of skin. Try it as a sample first if you have combo/oily skin. Or try the lighter Hydra Floral Fresh Emulsion (which I haven't tried). **

But for me, with a quite dehydrated/dry skin combined with some blackheads here and there which have caused flaking of the skin, this cream has done wonders. I have used it combined with the Aromessence Neroli oil, so it is impossible for me to say which product has made the difference, I guess it is the combination of these two which is so great (and why they sell them together in a pack, also) Smile

The smell of this cream isn't the best thing about it, but when you have just put on the Neroli Oil it is only good that the next product doesn't have as strong a smell as the oil. It isn't an uncomfortable smell though, just a plain creamy ordinary smell, nothing special about it.

My nose occasionaly still peels/flake, but I have noticed a BIG difference in my skin's moisture level since using this cream. What is a bit unusual for me is the soft sheen the skin get from the Decleor products. I love this sheen, it makes the skin glowing and smooth, and makes me feel fresh and groomed like coming right from a facial at the salon every morning. And who doesn't like that feeling!? Very Happy

The only thing is that I cannot use my ordinary powder/foundation (Clinique) over this cream, because my skin gets so shiny then. But with the complexion you get from using the oil+cream together you really don't need foundation or powder anyway! Wink

Mabsy

Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review Siri. I shall put that on my list of things to try. It seems quite rich though and with summer coming (well actually it's sort of here, spring with 30 degree temps Mad ) I think I might wait till it gets cooler again to try this.
siri
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:49 am      Reply with quote
Yes I think it will be too rich for very hot days. I will be using the Hydra Floral Emulsion or Alpha Morning when summer comes here (May).

Smile
kam chin

Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, the cream is rich!
But this is perfect for winter for my combo/t-zone oily skin.
In the summer, use emulsion instead which a lighter version of cream.
esq
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
I am a Decleor fan and have been using the Hydra Floral Hydrating Mask under another lines deep cleansing mask. I too have oily skin and was a little skeptical when the anesthetician (sp?) used this on my skin. But if I ever use the deep cleanser without that hydration my skin really suffers.

I will definatley put the hydra floral on my list of next moisturizer to try. Right now I am using the Decleor Alpha Morning SPF Cream but I will switch if I don't need to use foundation. As I think about it, it makes since to still use it in the summer to eliminate that layer of foundation on your skin. I typically go without foundation in the summer. Too much.Very Happy
bic145
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Siri, if the cream is too rich, you should try the emulsion. It has the same function but ligher in texture. I have ordered one for myself. Since my skin is dry, I am happy about the cream for winter. As spring comes, I will switch to emulsion around May.
Truffula

Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:20 am      Reply with quote
I have combination skin and the cream is too rich for me during the day. So I am thinking of using it as a night cream instead. Wink

But the description says it has encapsulated UVB filter for high-tolerance protection, HYDRA FLORAL CRÈME helps protect the skin from UV rays. Does this mean it has SPF? Can I still use it at night?

Thank you for any suggestions!
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
I actually really like the smell of Decleor (also Darphin and Carol Franke).

I think they are all beautiful to use but I also swap and change between the "natural" and the "scentific". I find the former nice but not heavy duty enough for long lasting results.

IE I know Vit C and Vit A go deep and won't wash off once absorbed. I don't know if I could say the same with Decleor
annesun
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
starter fan of the line,prefer to use their oilans interested in the face cream
newbiely
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:52 am      Reply with quote
I linke the floral mask ,the skin becames soft and smooth after that.The floral cream is on my list too.
beautyrose
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:37 am      Reply with quote
I like the pure plant essential oils skincare products

Let me recommend a very good night cream.Sundari Neem Night Cream
I have used every night .My skin has never been so soft! Laughing

Sundari Neem Night Cream (1.7 oz) $58.00 CAD Convert
An emollient nighttime treatment that restores the natural, radiant luster to the skin. When used after shaving helps to heal and hydrate skin.
This is the price of EDS.I think it isn't expensive for the effective
garbath
5% products discount

Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
siri wrote:
**First of all -although Decleor claims this cream is for all skin types, I find it to be a very rich moisturizer, and maybe too rich for those with an oilier type of skin. Try it as a sample first if you have combo/oily skin. Or try the lighter Hydra Floral Fresh Emulsion (which I haven't tried). **

I did a facial for the first time in my life after reading the rave reviews of decleor on the forum (Yup you deleor addicts out there: I lay the blame on you Razz).

My therapist found my skin to be dry in certain areas and applied the Hydra Floral Cream instead of the Emulsion.

Now I live in Malayia, in Malacca to be exact which is really humid. So you can imagine how worried I was about how my skin would turn out once I stepped out from the air-conditioned salon.

To my surprise, my young therapist pick was right. It did not make my skin oily or oilier when I was out in the hot sun- around 4.00 p.m.
So if you have dry skin and happen to be in the tropic or you live there like me, dont fret about your skin being oily. Plus, I also think how much you apply on your skin plays an important factor too.

Am pleased with the result- post extractions and all:p and am itching to buy the products.

Very grateful for stumbling on this forum.
chenhui
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:16 am      Reply with quote
This cream is very refreshing. Half milk half cream texture, good smell the delicate fragrance, is also non-stick coating to the face, Hydra fresh and moist. Toner, together with the fragrance is very suitable for the summer.
kikiw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
kam chin wrote:
Yes, the cream is rich!
But this is perfect for winter for my combo/t-zone oily skin.
In the summer, use emulsion instead which a lighter version of cream.

Thanks for your point. I'm combo/t-zone oily skin, too. Your post make me eliminate my lust for this. It's almost summer in my place now. I may try it next winter.
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
Im just getting into the Decleor line. I have tried the Hydra Floral eye mask and quite like it.
rhea
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 12:41 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review Siri.This cream really improve the skin's moisture content, the same as it Products.Mask with the family quite stick
imaiyuan
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
I used to love Decleor long time, but now I do not like it, my dry skin, Decleor is oil, and no effect
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |