Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Skin Diet, I want to know more
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 27, 2003 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Please Sable, share with us!

Is that when you think all of your favorite creams or lotions stop working or overwork and you just want to give your skin a rest. I did it quite a few times out of frustration. However, of three basic steps: cleansing, treatment and protection, I can't skip the cleansing part...

Could you please share with me more about this. Thanks in advance!!!
Sable
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
By 'skin diet' I was in fact referring to the foods I ate. I wanted to see if the foods I ate would make a difference to the condition of my skin. I cut out alcohol, caffeine, saturated fats, basically all the 'bad' things in our modern diets Wink The diet involved eating a lot of fresh fruits, vegetables, grains, nuts and a LOT of water. Now for the results.... (drumroll, please)

No conclusive results! I'm sorry to disappoint! I still have the days where my skin is too sallow or dull for my liking, still have the occasional blemish and so forth.

This is not to discredit a healthy diet!! For what it's worth, I feel better and most days, heavens willing, my skin is glowing. I think my 'experiment' illustrates that there really is no ONE (two, three?) reasons behind bad-skin-days (weeks, years LOL), and that we should take a wholistic view of skin-care. That is, eat well, cleanse, (exfoliate, moisturise, etc)and importantly, have fun! Nothing works wonders for my skin like a day at the beach with my girlfriends!! And when all else fails, we have these brilliant skincare brands/marques to help us along the way with their amazing products.

Sorry for the extra long post!! I hope I haven't put you to sleep, leiladao Smile
Mabsy

Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
Sable,

Can I ask how much water you drank daily? I always find that if I step up my water consumption my skin gets much better after a few days. But I'm talking 2L of water a day and I can only ever keep that up for at most a week (that's a LOT of water!).

Also, I guess the results would depend on how much of the 'bad' stuff you were getting in your diet initially. I'm thinking that if someone has a REALLY poor diet they would see more benefit as opposed to someone who has an 'ok' diet and improves it. Well, just my opinion here 'coz I'm sure about that.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:16 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone!

Sable, I loved your diet experiment and the results. I have always tried to eat good food and have taken tons of vitamins and herbs over the past many, many years and I have sort of come to the same conclusion as you.

Now, diet and all that water is important but I think the key to good skin will have many variables to it not just diet and/or vitamins, or the amount of water one drinks and drinks. I think it also has to do with pollution, climate, how much sun one gets and one's emotional state as well. There's a lot of factors to consider. But, I think one of the most important is good skin care using the products suitable for one's skin type. That's a really broad answer. I guess the final point to make is everything's important. And, Mabsy, keep up with the water. I'm drinking as much as I can too.
siri
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
I agree, with the water and with the pollution etc. I also believe that a great part of it has to do with hormones, how your body deals with hormonal changes in the body. For this, the water helps a lot I think. When the cells in the body has enough water for the transportation of nutrients and toxins in/out of the cells, it will be visible on the skin in a short time.

When all food is broken down, they consist of pretty much the same things, so unless you are eating very unhealthy to begin with (I mean unhealthy like you're eating very much the same stuff every single day so your body has an uneven intake of nutrients), a diet change shouldn't really make a big difference.. Your diet doesn't influence the genetics, but can in a very mild way influence the hormonal balance (but this is hard to acheive by diet only).

I experience great difference in my skin when drinking a lot of water, 2-3 litres a day, but like Mabsy, this is hard for me to stick to. It is like the water plumps the cells up, so the skin is softer and fuller, and fine lines less visible.

When I have very healthy eating periods, this doesn't seem to affect my skin (or body) much at all..
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
Dear Sable,

I could not help laughing so much for my...usual silliness. Thanks for coming to my rescue...again!!!

And thank you so much as always Leeleedeedee, Mabsy and Siri. I've learned so much from your posts. I LOVE THIS FORUM, I always get so much more than whatever I ask for. Thank a million times, ladies!
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Siri,

I couldn't agree with you more. You are so right in everything you said. I try to drink two litres of water a day. Sometimes, I wonder to myself if all of this water is worth plumping out a few lines!

Leiladao, as always your questions are priceless. You ask what everyone wants to know.
Sable
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Mabsy
Sable,

Can I ask how much water you drank daily? I always find that if I step up my water consumption my skin gets much better after a few days. But I'm talking 2L of water a day and I can only ever keep that up for at most a week (that's a LOT of water!).

Also, I guess the results would depend on how much of the 'bad' stuff you were getting in your diet initially. I'm thinking that if someone has a REALLY poor diet they would see more benefit as opposed to someone who has an 'ok' diet and improves it. Well, just my opinion here 'coz I'm sure about that.

I couldn't agree with you more. My prior diet wasn't severly 'bad' but it could have done with some serious improvement! I had a lot of refined sugars, the occasional fast food meal, so forth. I've stuck to this 'revised' diet for close to a year now. I drank/still drink about 3-4 litres a day. It's very easy to drink this much once you are in the habit. I am in an office 3 days a week, so sitting before a computer, sipping at water comes very easy. Plus, there is always a bathroom nearby, very important!! :P
Mabsy

Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my God girl! How do you do it!? I'm at the office 5 days a week and in front of the computer all of that time and I have trouble drinking 2! Mainly I find that if I drink more then I'm full and I'm not hungry; not a good thing if you're trying to gain weight Sad

Plus I think I would have to move my office INTO the bathroom (or at least VERY close to it) if I drank that much LOL

Good on you for having a habit of drinking this much water though. I wish I could do it!
Sable
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
I think you've both hit the mark with your replies. Ah, it's all such an un-exact and individual-specific concern! :P
Sable
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by leiladao
Dear Sable,

I could not help laughing so much for my...usual silliness. Thanks for coming to my rescue...again!!!

As always, my pleasure!
Sable
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Mabsy
Plus I think I would have to move my office INTO the bathroom (or at least VERY close to it) if I drank that much LOL

LOL!! Mabsy, you're a doll! I have 1L bottles of Mineral Water, and they just evaporate, sipping through-out the day. I think you just build up from 1L up to 3 or 4. It wasn't really a conscious decision on my part to drink more water (for the health benefits or the like). I think 2-3L is sufficient, and additionally, I don't find levels of water consumption makes much difference to my complexion, though I wish it would Sad
Dermalover
5% products discount

Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi may I join in

I agree with Mabsy that usually I can see my complexion improve a few days after the day that I 'remembere' to drink at least 2L of water. My skin actually becomes alot softer. However its really hard to keep that up as a habit as I sometimes work at the clients and the water / bathroom facility provided is not always desirable. Sad

I have heard rumours that if you drink lake warm water is better than drinking cold water. did anyone know if that's true?
Mabsy

Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
Boy, I sure hope that's a typo and you're not planning on drinking water from the lake! Surprised :P

I actually prefer to drink room-temperature water because I find that I can drink more of it for some reason (I also cheat and add minute amounts of natural fruit syrup for a hint of flavour).

But apparently there have been studies that have shown that cool water (41°F (5°C)) is absorbed more quickly from the stomach than warm water. That has an implication for athletes I guess but I don't particularly care how quickly it's absorbed as long as it finally gets there! Smile
Dermalover
5% products discount

Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
Ha ha, its funny how you heard rumours right oppisite to mine.

I personally like warm water, and as you said, I dont really care if my stomach absorbs well. What I do really worry is that if cold water is going to affect my skin, then i may try to cut it out.

Anyways, thanks for your sharing Mabsy! Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |