Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I tried EpiDermx today....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Bluerain
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Ok Here's what I did..

I didn't order the Cleansing Silk so I washed my face with the Oatmeal Cleansing bar.

Then I applied the Herbal Hydroxy Equalizer.

Then I applied the EpiDermx on one side of face ( Slightly Moist skin)and rubbed in as per the instructions.I kept massaging until it started to clump and ball up. My face was really red ( I have snow white skin that gets red very easy) like I had a sunburn.I was starting to worry but went ahead knowing my skin gets red easy and hoping it would go away by the next day like other's have said. I did the other side and the same thing but now my entire face was really red..really red !!!!

I wash off with tepid water and then applied the Derma butter.

Ok..here it is!!

I love the oatmeal bar soap for sensitive skin.I can't believe how much this bar of soap lathered up just with rubbing in my hands a little bit then even more on my face..it was as if it was growing or something. I love it! It didn't leave me withy dry skin at all.If I order this bar soap again it will have to be as a luxury as it cost $6.95 a bar. If I have extra funds I will order it for sure but in the meantime I will see if I can make something similar to this on my own.

Now the Herbal Hydroxy Equalizer.

I put this on and was expecting it to sting..I don't know why but I did. Well it didn't . I have no sense of smell so I can't tell you how any of this stuff smells.I was born without a sense of smell so I can't smell anything..I mean anything good
or bad Sad

Now for the EpiDermx

While working it in I could see that my pores were looking a little smaller. I thought I might be imagining it ,but I did one side first and compared it with the other side and my pores are somewhat smaller.When I washed it all off I was sure my pores were smaller making the fine lines seem somewhat softer also. (I'm 47)

My skin was so very soft... like silk after using this ..still very red ..beet red..but very soft. I don't remember the last time my skin felt this soft. I mean it was incredibly soft..baby smooth soft!!

I loved it!!

Now for the Derma Butter...My skin is on the dry side. This stuff is thick and creamy . I really love it! It's great for my skin! My skin was still very soft after applying this butter. The only thing I didn't like was it made my skin too shiny . I will use this as a night cream only and after appyling epidermx.This will also be a luxury when I have extra funds.

My main concern is the sunspots from all them years laying baking in the sun. I think some might have lighten very very little, but hey,this is my first time trying it. I hoping it will help more with the sunspots as I use it more often.

Back to my very very beet red face..well it's been almost 2 hours since I applied the epidermx and I would say 85% of the redness is gone..I can't believe most of the redness is gone already. Let me tell you..I was beet red all over my face . Oh..I did my neck also and it was beet red also!

Now I know I can use epidermx the night before work and not have to worry about being red which is a big relief..Thank God!

I will be buying the Epidermx again for sure hoping it will help with the sunspots over time.

I bought it from BeautifulNewSkin.com from Deb ( aka Sassyred )

Blue
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:17 am      Reply with quote
I tried my samples of Epidermx I got off E-bay last night as well. I agree with you on all counts. It works great. Skin is much improved after only one use. My cheeks and neck were quite red too, but this morning they are simply soft, smooth and glowing. No redness at all.

And just to add to your review. The Epidermx smells wonderful. Can't quite place the smell, but it is very soothing.

For me this is a definite "KEEPER". I will be ordering the full size today (It is payday after all.....hee-hee).

Lori
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:46 am      Reply with quote
Epidermx....smaller pores....oh god I am going to be so broke!!!!! Laughing
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:02 am      Reply with quote
hi Blue!

I am glad you are pleased! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sassy

Yes I love it!!

It's a keeper for sure.My skin has a glow to it that I haven't seen in awhile and still so very soft and smooth.I couldn't believe how smooth it was ..it really was like a new born baby's butt..and that's the truth!!

I applied the derma butter again this morning but lightly this time and the shine is alot better. I love the way the derma butter feels...so creamy and thick but really isn't heavy at all.

You have a great product here girl!!!

I really didn't think I get the results that I got but I figured what the hay..I'll give it a go..AND I'M SO VERY GLAD I DID!!

Blue
schatze
5% products discount

Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Got to say I liked it, too. I decided to try out L'Oreal's Refinish and I have to admit it compares very favorably with Epidermx. I'm going to figure out the cost difference, but I'm happy with both so the best price wins. I haven't used the moisturizer that comes with it, but use camellia oil instead.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Last week I bought 2 tubs of Epidermx from Goldport Beauty and today when my package arrived I was happy to see they also included 2 sample bottles of the Camelia oil!!! I followed the directions and am loving the results.

Whatever makes the gunk fall off your face is amazing....not be be gross, but it looked like peanut butter was coming off my face...can anyone tell me what the stuff that comes off your face is ~ dead skin, product, etc... Because of the immediate results, I could see that doing this could become addicting!!
thanks!! Chrissie

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
I bought Epidermx last week and have used it twice with the camellia oil. I like the result (I think I see changes with 2 uses) but the second time I rubbed a spot raw next to my mouth which is now sore and crusted. I have light, sensitive skin so perhaps I should use it every 2 weeks or so? I applied O2 serum and Camellia oil afterwards to try to soothe it I hope it heals fast.
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:05 am      Reply with quote
Sharky - did the same to myself on the second go round with the Epidermex - which I love BTW - I kept applying the Derma Butter and my PSF O2 spray - it healed up within 2 days.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Candy I'll keep coating it. It looks a bit better this morning but still raw. I do like the effect on the rest of my skin.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
how often are you using this???? I got it last night ~of course I used it then and got great results...so, I HAD to do it again tonight. My face is alittle pink, but nothing significant. I guess I need to lay off until the weekend...boo

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:07 am      Reply with quote
I used this 6 days apart when I got the sore. It is still red today but mostly healed. The rest of my skin looks fine. I think it really depends on the person. I have light skin and am 50. I've has some allergies but I never had problem with 20% vit C and use
high strength (35%) glycolic acid.

I think what I'm going to try is every other week glycolic and on weeks I don't do that use the Epidermix. I may use it more frequently on tougher skin areas (chin, hands and forehead).
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
I used this 6 days apart when I got the sore. It is still red today but mostly healed. The rest of my skin looks fine. I think it really depends on the person. I have light skin and am 50. I've has some allergies but I never had problem with 20% vit C and use
high strength (35%) glycolic acid.

I think what I'm going to try is every other week glycolic and on weeks I don't do that use the Epidermix. I may use it more frequently on tougher skin areas (chin, hands and forehead).

I use PSF Vit C serum at night, and found that it stings after I use the Epidermx....maybe I need to wait longer to apply the Vit C serum...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Yes after I peel I generally just apply PSF O2, a low strength copper peptide and sometimes oil based aloe or pure vit E oil. Anything else causes redness and stings.
Medusa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:37 am      Reply with quote
For everyone one who's thinking of getting Epidermx... Please read this:

Epidermx

At the end Epidermx gets watery, smells weird and doesn't ball up at all. The rest is up to you.

Medusa
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:23 am      Reply with quote
I've had my EpidermX for quite a long time now, must be not too far off a year, and it's still absolutely fine. Doesn't smell, isn't watery and still balls up.

Obviously, it seems that other people have experienced problems with it, but I've been very pleased with it so far. In fact, I'm about to order another jar as this one's nearly finished.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi Majorb

Since you're in the UK too, can I ask where you order your Epidermx from? I've used the Dermanew microdermabrasion system in the past, and it's ok but nothing special (although in all honesty I'm not terrific with sticking to products, so might not have used it consistently enough to see decent results). I'm not convinced the tool is much use at all, I think I'd get more exfoliation from using my hands so the Epidermx sounds ideal - much simpler to use! TIA Smile
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Epidermx since March 2005. I am finishing up my 3rd jar (I order every 3 months). I have never had a problem with this product having an odor or being watery. I have never heard of a shelf life of 2 years on skincare formulations that contain water in them. Most products should be used before 1 year. I work with preservatives myself in making homecrafted skin care products and always toss products well before 1 year.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
fifi - I ordered mine from goldportbeauty.com. The lady who runs that website is very helpful, the service was great to the UK and the prices are good too.

I use it twice a week and it really does give me excellent results - lovely clear, smooth skin, which is important as I often wear loose powder mineral foundation and my skin tends to be very dry. Best form of exfoliation I've ever used.

I also very much like the Silkia Camellia Oil sold on that site. It's useful for loads of stuff, including putting on your face after using the EpidermX, using on your body and neck, and even as a hair treatment!

Let me know how you get on if you try it.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
BTW fifi, I was very impressed with the EpidermX even after the first time of using it, so you shouldn't have to wait long before seeing if you like it. Very Happy
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:32 am      Reply with quote
Excellent, that will definitely be my next purchase - I am sooo impatient, I love quick results! I have a drawer full of half-used products that would probably do a decent job if I ever gave them the chance - I keep meaning to finish them up before I buy something new, but somehow never get round to it Embarassed .
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:07 am      Reply with quote
Fifi: I really like this I would start slow however (once per week) I did rub a spot raw on the side of my mouth that healed fast but is still a bit darker than the surrounding skin. I have light skin that sometimes does react to products. The rest of my skin looks really good after this.

I don't think it would last a year even with once per week use.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:26 am      Reply with quote
fifi wrote:
I have a drawer full of half-used products that would probably do a decent job if I ever gave them the chance - I keep meaning to finish them up before I buy something new, but somehow never get round to it Embarassed .

me too!!!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:07 am      Reply with quote
My Epidermix has never gotten watery even to the end. You have to use it on moist skin; perhaps some moisture from wet fingers gets into those other jars and people don't realize they do it and than think its the product. Having said all this, be careful with this product by not rubbing too vigorously. You could microscopically be tearing your skin.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
I just read in my Shape magazine that you should not use anti-aging products on skin the same night you use a home microdermabrasion system. It said you should let your skin rest overnight.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |