Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

???toners???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cbrooke
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
What exactly are toners and what do they do Embarassed

Do I really need to use one if I use a really good cleanser followed by a moisturizer?
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe this thread will help answer some of your questions.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5895&highlight=toners

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:20 am      Reply with quote
Great question, what exactly DO they do??

I think they're just to take off any last traces of makeup/dirt but if you use a good cleanser why do you need a toner? I've never bothered, cleanser and moisturiser works for me.
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:16 am      Reply with quote
To me this is catch 22 question Surprised

I have read that toners are basically "useless" and hence the reason many forego using them. Also I have read that toners help "reacidify" the skin returning it to its normal Ph. Whether or not either statement is true, I dunno Embarassed . I believe it is a personal preference, one in which I choose to use a toner. As for removing the last traces of makeup, if one uses a good cleanser there should be no makeup left on the skin. In the past toners didnt have many "great" ingredients in them like they do now. For example, you can find toners that have a BHA in them to help with oily/acne skin types or rose/chamomile that help sooth dry/reddned skin. Again I truely believe it is a personal thing. Hope this helps. Smile

Lisa
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:50 am      Reply with quote
I love my toner - My cleanser removes any dirt, I use a toner for tightening my pores after I've cleansed - I too used to think what's the point in using a toner but I have really noticed a difference I would never go back to not using one.

5% products discount

Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:33 am      Reply with quote
I agree with rosebud, I used to think toners was just another way of getting more money but now I couldnt do without one, it makes my skins feel lovely and ready for moisturiser. There are some really great ones around and I dont always use the same brand as my cleanser, depends what my skin is like.

Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:38 am      Reply with quote
What toners do you use?
cbrooke
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone!

I guess I just always used one cause I thought I was supposed to Embarassed Never really questioned why Question

I have been using Clinique products, probably going to switch to Dermalogica and I don't really see the benefit of their "spray" toner. I am going to the EDS spa on Friday for a skin consultation and I will see what they recommend Very Happy
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:30 am      Reply with quote
brooke, let us now how it goes. I'm close to the spa but too scared of what will happen to my credit card if I step inside!!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |