Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Places not to miss in Europe?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
okay, so in a couple of weeks i'm off with Kiwiboy to trip around europe for 4 months.

after 10 days in london (visiting relatives) we're off to greece, italy, austria, czech republic, germany, croatia, france and spain (well only barcelona actually).

so any top tips for places not to miss, especially those out of the way places that aren't in the standard guide books... TIA

Kiwigirl.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi Kiwi - I know you trust our opinions but I've found this to be useful in the past for getting some ideas. Of course nothing quite beats getting a guide book and wandering the streets.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/?tr=ink_html

Do you have the cities you are visiting yet? That may help us narrow it down - also what are you into? Clubs, beaches, ruins, museums!

10 Days in London poor girl Laughing
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:17 am      Reply with quote
What's wrong with London? Probably better than many cities in the world, it's got history, theatres, restaurants, arts, museums, shops etc. I can think of worse places to go. Very Happy
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:13 am      Reply with quote
LOL Laughing just comparing it to other capital cities and think it's expensive and a bit grubby for starters.
Last year went to Madrid and loved it. City centre, the menu of the day, 3 course meal, bottle of wine for £7, can't see me doing that in London Very Happy
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Ahh but you can get a nice salad from McDonalds for a few quid. Wink
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:15 am      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
Ahh but you can get a nice salad from McDonalds for a few quid. Wink
Laughing
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Make sure you take a stop in the south of France. Marseilles is absolutely gorgeous!!

You can also get cheap and delicious chocolates in Brussels. Smile
Maizy
5% products discount

Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
Lucky you, we just returned from 17 days in France and Italy, there is just a feeling you get in Europe that you can't get anywhere else! You would be well advised to go to Venice, it was absolutely fabulous! Also the french riviera is a very close second, almost mid-evil in a way, very romantic. Be prepared for some primitive amenities though, some washrooms leave a lot to be desired! Bon Voyage!h
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Wow, what a trip! Ten days in London would be heaven enough for me. Loved Cinque Terre in Italy (south of Genoa), as well as Bellagio (gorgeous this time of year) on Lago Como. The French Riviera (esp. St. Tropez) is also absolutely great! There's a small town in southern France called St. Paul de Vence that I love too. Dubrovnik along the Adriatic coast is supposed to be great -- it's on my "to-do" list. Friends visited Prague recently and loved it. Sounds like you can't go wrong with your planned itinery.

You must let us know what you thought the highlights of your trip were when you return!!!

Have a wonderful time!!!
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:39 am      Reply with quote
if you come to lands end, email me, I'll take your photo! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
I've been to all of those places! Just thought I would tell you about a couple out of the way places as well as some that are typical:

CROATIA is AMAZING!! You better hit up Debrovnik while you are there...and get to SPLIT if you can. The best thing to do in Croatia is to try to rent a boat and a skipper (if you can) to take you to some of the smaller islands around croatia. My best friend is from there and his father owns the boats that are rented to the travelers and so we went on a 8 day sailing trip from one end of Croatia to the other. I can't tell you how amazing that was.

Austria is swell--if you can actually make it down to GRAZ (which is the closest bigger city to Croatia) it is really lovely. They have a beer garden in their park that is always full of people at night. It's also the city where ARNOLD SCHWARZENNEGER was born and they have a colliseum dedicated to his name (funny, I'm from California and I guess that means I'm connected to Graz somehow)

Vienna: If you like good music -- see a show at FLEX.

GERMANY -- If you are going to be in Berlin around OCTOBERFEST time (late sept. beginning of january) I highly suggest it! (Be in Munich at the Haufbrahaus...that's all there really is to do there...) I also suggest the WORLD BEARD AND MUSTACHE championships that is being held in Berlin during that timewww.worldbeardandmustache.com It looks amazing and I am definitely going to go (look at how funny it is!)

You know where else I would try to get to if I were you...DUBLIN. Everything has really taken a turn there in the last 10 years and it is just thriving!

Um...yeah that's my advice!
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
excellent guys! keep up the good work/posts, all your feedback means that i can't wait to get there now! leaving in less than 3 weeks!

Kiwigirl.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2005 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Dublin, Edinburgh and one of the tiniest Greek islands you can get too; for example one of the lesser cyclades like Koufonissia or any other in that chain or better still if you have the time go to some little dots off the Dodecanese near to Turkey (can't remember the name for the moment and I've no atlas). I'm a bit of a minor Greek Island connoisseur if you want to know anything. Hence my 'sundamaged' tag line. Don't go anywhere mainstream like Ios or Kos - horrid.

Edited----
Yes, just read your email properly and you've already decided to go to Greece. Doesn't look like you'll have time to go too far so go to the lesser Cyclades; there's a small chain of 4 islands - Koufonissia, Iraklia, Shinoussa, Donoussa. It's not too far from Piraeus (the port to the side of Athens), maybe 7 hours to a main island and then a small boat onwards. Unless things have changed since I last went. Spring's gorgeous in Greece - lots of flowers and fewer tourists, but take something warm it can be a bit breezy at night.

If you don't have time to get to the islands proper get a boat to Aegina from Piraeus (about half an hour away) and then hop on another boat and go to Angistri a smaller island. Just to experience that get-away-island feeling, I love it.

A trip down the Peloponese is also lovely, Cool I'm getting really jealous just writing this. Mind you I don't know why. I spent yesterday on the back of a motorbike along dirt tracks (Skinceuticals 30SPF) visiting Chinese villages, where no foreigner has trod before and they unlocked their temples to show us around and invited us to their homes etc. etc. It was really interesting and exciting, but Greece is just SO relaxing and I'd love a rest.
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 02, 2005 7:19 am      Reply with quote
Maizy wrote:
You would be well advised to go to Venice, it was absolutely fabulous!

I've just got back from 4 days in Venice. It is a beautiful place. Definitely worth a visit.
A few things to be aware of though. It is very busy (especially around the Piazza San Marco area). If you don't like crowds then stay well away from that area. The prices they charge for food and drink around Piazza San Marco are ridiculous. Some of the shops were charging 2 Euros ( about $2.5 US) for a can of Pepsi Shock ! Best to look for a supermarket to buy your snacks as they don't charge the over-inflated tourist prices. Beware of the pushy waiters that stand outside the restaurants trying to get you to go and eat at their establishments. I found them really annoying and would only eat in restaurants which didn't have a member of staff hassling passers by on the street. Can't stand pushy sales people. Mad
gaffer
5% products discount

Mon May 16, 2005 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
southwestern germany is very nice and lush. black forest is cool and right across the rhine is france. strasbourg, france is cool too. also in germany, freiburg is amazing and check out the cathedral. from freiburg you can head to switzerland or just tour southern germany to austria. have fun, i did it with a 3 and 1 year old. very difficult. lots of history in europe. imagine going into a house that you know is 6oo years old! must check out small villages or towns, they always hold so much history that is not overwhelming like cities can be. be picky on your castles, when i was in scottland i saw so many castles that they meant little to me. enjoy food.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |