Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

To Leiladao - Post away anytime!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:24 am      Reply with quote
Hello Leiladao,
I don't think anyone will be bored with you or your questions. We all learn something when someone asks a question. I'm a teacher, so I'm always stressing to my students - ask, ask, ASK! And when they do I can always see that someone asked something that someone else was too afraid to ask.

Like I said, I don't have a lot of answers but I can see from all the post that there are great people on this forum who have the knowledge to answer any question you have. And, of course, there's Magda and Caspers Mum who have the great professional knowledge and expertise to set us on the right path.

I think a lot of us are on this forum not only to share but to learn. Learning never ends and believe it or not, I learn from your questions too. It's great having someone like you on this forum. We all hope to hear from you soon.
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Oh! Leeleedeedee, you are so sweet and generous. Classroom will be a great learning place if all teachers are as kind as you.

As for those 'silly questions', here's the one for you :P

Leeleedeedee, knowing that you have been using Vit-E to moisturize your eye area, I was just wondering if I can use it too, if it's quite...oily. Mabsy said it can also help our lashes grow long and luscious, what girl doesn't dream of those lashes. Mom uses the oil from Vit-E capsules, too, to put on those burns and cuts and blisters she got on her hands and many times on her face from working in the kitchen or the garden. Is it safe to put it close to your eyes ( there, silly me again! you have been using it for 15 years!), I mean if it gets into your eyes, what should you do? I also heard that there are more than one type of Vit-E ( synthetic and natural, sorry! I was not very good in high school chemistry Wink), which one do you use, Leeleedeedee? And which brand do you use? We got ours from Jamieson's.

Thanks in advance, Leeleedeedee.
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:59 am      Reply with quote
I just want to add, sorry! If Vit-E is good for eye lashes, should we use it for our eye brows. I heard that you can use caster oil to grow your eye brows thicker, good for those over plucked ones. Thanks, Leeleedeedee :P
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi Leiladao!

You are the sweet one! I'll try to answer your excellent questions about the vitamin E.

First of all, yes, it is somewhat oily. But, personally, I like the oiliness because I can get really dry around my eyes, and I like the lubrication and soothing feeling of the oily vitamin E. I can understand those who wouldn't like it. Second, I like the fact that I can put it on my eyelids and eyelashes (there are not a lot of eye creams that can go on the eyelids) but eyelids can get quite dry as well and I find the vitamin E very moisturizeing for these hard to moisturize places. Third, if some vitamin E gets in my eyes I don't do anything because it does not sting nor does it do any harm to the eye. It is actually extremely hygenic because you are always using a fresh capsule every night. Just be sure that whatever you use to prick the capsule is clean and sterile as well. Because I suffer from allergies as well as having allergic skin I find the vitamin E quite soothing if some gets in the eyes because by the end of the day I sometimes have red, itchy, dry eyes. Also, I have been doing this for 15 years, so if I had encountered any problems I would tell you immediately. It's also good to use on the eyebrows if they get dry from long winter months. In the morning I just wash everything off (and it all comes off easily with no oily residue.)

As for the brand I use - Jamieson - of course. But always the natural vitamin E. The synthetic kind is useless and will not do anything for you.

I hope this helps you. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Nothing is too silly or unimportant. I know the vitamin E thing sounds strange, but for people like me with allergic, dry, sensitive, irritating, plain old yucky skin it has been a real help - and cheap!
Mabsy

Sun Sep 28, 2003 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Before I embark on my 'eyelash farming' experiment.... how do you know which vit E is synthetic and which one is natural? I didn't really pay attention which one I bought last time because I didn't know there was a difference (ditto on the high school chemistry Leila Smile). Does it specifically say that on the bottle or do you have to look at the 'ingredients' list and look for something specific?
Mabsy

Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Oh yes, I almost forgot.....

Allow me to settle the 'argument' for you: You are BOTH very nice and sweet! Love reading your posts ladies! Very Happy

Have a nice day,
Mabsy.
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, dear Mabsy!

That's what I read on the bottle of Jamieson's Vit-E we have in our family medicine cabinet: 'from natural source'. So, thinking that there must be ones from 'unnatural source' as well and asking my little sister ( and as 'few words' as always) she said:" Surely, there is synthetic one!". Beat me!!! We should ask the teacher, our dear Leeleedeedee then :P
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:04 am      Reply with quote
Hello Leiladao and Mabsy,

Here is the way to tell if Vitamin E is synthetic or natural.

Look on the Vitamin E bottle where it says: Each capsule contains........ natural vitamine E should say: d-alpha tocopheryl acetate. Now, if it is synthetic it will say: dl-alpha tocopheryl acetate. See that "l" right after the "d" - that means it is synthetically derived. And, as I said, the sythetic form of vitamin E will do nothing for you whether you take it internally or externally.

Hope this helps. Love your posts. Keep them coming
Mabsy

Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Wow how sneaky of them ('them' being chemists I guess...). I figured it would be some different 'chemical' name but never imagined the difference would be just one letter! I'll check out a few at the chemist and try to find the natural one.

Thanks again Leeleedeedee Smile
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy,

Just have to let you know that when it comes to buying vitamins and herbs (you know, health food stuff) you have to be a really wise consumer. I don't know about Australia, but in North America these products are not regulated and there are many unscrupulous companies that'll try to rip you off by selling junk instead of the real thing. Just thought I'd let you know. Personally, I just loathe being ripped off by huge companies raking in the money.

I'm venting. So I'll stop here. Bye for now, Mabsy.
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not afraid to be tricked or mistreated by those so called greedy companies. From now on, I know I always can ask you first for your straight forward answer and advice any time there's anything I'm not sure about, especially on skin cares. Thanks Leeleedeedee. You are one great teacher:D
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
Leiladao,

I don't know everything but I'll always try to help. Hope anything I say can help someone, somewhere.

Bye for now, Leiladao
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |