Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Moisturizing masks--which one is the best?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:24 am      Reply with quote
I am looking for a good moisture mask, but have a lack of imagination. Only thing: it should NOT contain any glycolic acid/ahas, since I already have the one from MDF.

My skin is dry, so I want to plump it up a bit.

Suggestions?
Bad Bird
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi Nemi!

Just about any brand carries a moisture mask, but a good one is hard to find. Smile

One which I have tried and found to be very very good is from Kanebo. I don't know if you can get this brand in Norway. It comes in a facial sheet soaked in the product packaged individually. The mask is incredible - my skin was so dewy and glowing after it.

There are brands whose moisture masks are a sort of heavy cream which you put a thick layer on and then wipe/rinse off excess after 20 minutes. I don't find these any better than a good face cream. Smile
Bad Bird
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:16 am      Reply with quote
I just remembered another brand that I have tried and can recommend. It is BORGHESE Fango Delicato Moisturising Mud Mask. This is a REAL spa treat. Smile
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Exactly my point; good masks are hard to find. Kanebo IS available here, but only the IB and Sensai-stuff. BTW; I have a big sample of the IB mask lying around...Maybe test that one? Very Happy
Bad Bird
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:46 am      Reply with quote
The one I'm thinking of is called the Hadabisei Mask. It is also called the Collagen Mask.

I found quite a few US websites selling the masks. You can take a look at
http://www.beautykat.com/Product/Kanebo/kan_ha_sc1.htm

I'm afraid I can't comment on the IB mask because I've not tried it before. Smile
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:56 am      Reply with quote
The best product I have used is Janson Becketts Hyloronic Acid Ampules!!!! You get 10 in a package. If you want to use it on your whole face and neck 1/2 Ampule does it.

This is what I do: Once a week at bedtime I wash and tone my face I use a whole Ampule of HA (I'm old Laughing). When I do this treatment I use NO OTHER PRODUCT. In the morning my face is hydrated and any lines are plumped right up. I have used other HA products but find the strength of the JB Ampules are the best. Night time treatment I find to be the best.

What is nice about the HA is that it just doesn't sit on top of your face. It absorbs (although using a whole ampule your face can feel just a tad sticky). HA injections are being used for frown lines so there must be something to it.

Winnie
JB

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Mabsy

Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
Sothys Hydroptimale Mask fits your description. I have a few different moisturising masks but this one is currently my fave.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:16 am      Reply with quote
I like Thalgo moisture quench mask. It smells lovely and skin feels really good afterwards. You don't need to wash it off, but I do as I have oily skin- if i left it might be over-moisture

Hope you get a good one
princesita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:01 am      Reply with quote
I have to agree with maddy on this one, I love Thalgo's moisture quenching mask. It looks and feels similar to a regular moisturiser (a bit thicker though) but when you put it on your face... all I can say is WOW Very Happy Your skin feels all warm and soft (it's difficult to explain haha). I usually wash it off as well because my skin tends to be a little oily but my sister has dryer skin and she just wipes off any excess and leaves it on as a night cream. If you're looking for something less creamy, Dermalogicas hydrating mask is nice too (it's a gel). Very Happy
jemstar
5% products discount

Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:02 am      Reply with quote
I agree with bad bird- the kanebo collagen masks are awesome- especially the 25mm ones (red package).
Mabsy

Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:47 am      Reply with quote
maddy wrote:
I like Thalgo moisture quench mask. It smells lovely and skin feels really good afterwards. You don't need to wash it off, but I do as I have oily skin- if i left it might be over-moisture

I've got that one as well - it is very good but I still prefer the Hydroptimale (after recently getting it for my Bday). I might be biased because I really love the Hydroptimale Gel - it leaves my skin super plump!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2005 12:47 am      Reply with quote
Decleor Hydra Floral mask is lovely, smells great too. If your skin is dry it will really drink up this mask, it's nice to put on loads of the moisturiser afterwards too.
peripang
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:58 am      Reply with quote
sothys' hydrating mask

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Dr.Hauschka Rejuvenating Mask. It works for me, my skin look radiant, and healthy Very Happy
Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
My favourite is Avene Moisture Mask.
cristaline
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
I am finishing up a tub of Laneige Water Pack. Pretty nice and very good price point.

I want to try the JB HA ampoules Winnie mentions!
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
I have been loving Dr. H Moisturizing Mask - It works very well for dry flaky skin with no breakouts.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |