Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Decleor: Baume Aromatique Essentiel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Sable
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
This is a product for all skin types, but I think it would better suit those with normal or dry skin. Am I alone in thinking this product can be a little 'waxy'? I think my failure to shut the lid properly may have affected the quality of the product :P All the same, as with all the Decleor products I've tried, this product is quality. Called a 'balm' for good reason; its consistency is thick - it sinks surprisingly well into the skin, however. I only use on the dry patches of my skin - cheeks and forehead, even on my lips. The smell has citrus undertones... again, I think the product may have been affected by sitting on my dresser, without the lid on tight - smells a little waxy??

Not a thumbs down, but better suited to those with normal or dry skin.
Mabsy

Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Mine doesn't really smell waxy I don't think. It has a distinct smell to it but it's not something I can put my finger on. I just call it 'herbal'. It probably smells the same as yours but we have different ways of describing this Smile

I use mine all over my face (at night only!) a few times a week. The only thing that I have found is that it's important to warm it up properly otherwise it just seems greasy then. Otherwise it's doing a nice job of fighting blackheads (in combo with Microfoliant, though who knows if it's the combo or just one of those!).
siri
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:55 am      Reply with quote
This balm is wonderful! I use it at night, every night, and lately I have used the neroli oil underneath (which is not necessary at all, but my skin has felt a bit dry lately). I understand what you mean by waxy, but doesn't that change when you warm it in your palms like Mabsy wrote? I find that the essential oils and scents are at their best when I carefully warm the balm using my hands -just smelling from the bottle doesn't do the product justice. And you need so little of the product, I use only the eqiuvalent of the red part of a matchstick, that's enough! I use a tiiiny bit more when I don't use the oil first.

I think the balm has helped clearing my blackheads, and at the same time being an excellent, rich moisturizer for night. And the smell.. Now I can't sleep without that smell.

I love Decleor! (Do they make stickers with this message?) Very Happy
Mabsy

Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, that's a very good point Siri. I should have clarified that in my post also. When I was talking about the smell of it I was considering it when it's warmed up not straight from the jar...
Sable
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your replies Smile Mabsy - as always, thank-you for your wisdom. You're one of the Great Teachers of this forum! siri - can I ask what type of skin you have? I wonder if this product is just too heavy for my oily skin?

I'm relieved to hear that you can both understand my 'waxy' dilemma. I was honestly concerned that the product may have been spoiled! I can't believe I hadn't thought of using my palms to warm-up this product Surprised Ordinarily, I place it under my lamp whilst I read the paper before bed. (Too little or too much heat?! I'm not sure!)

Mabsy

Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
No no, no great teacher here... just someone with a skin care hobby Smile

When this balm is warmed up it becomes clear and very light (in my opinion anyway). I'm not sure if the heat from the lamp is enough and I also don't know if it's good to keep heating it ALL up and letting it solidify again over and over. I just take a bit out and heat it up in the palm of my hand.
catlee

Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:02 am      Reply with quote
I am using the Balm with Neroli oil (just like siri)... I only use this combination at night time though. I have been using this for 2 weeks and I feel great every morning when I woke up! I *think* my blackheads are less, and I definitely feel hydrated, NOT oily at all!

I rub the Balm on my palms for 3 seconds or until heated, and then pat my palms on my whole face... I have a feeling that the heat on my palms helps the balm to penetrate into my skin.
siri
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 30, 2003 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi again Sable Smile

I have what they call "normal" skin, but lately it has turned a bit dry/dehydrated, with some blackheads on the nose/chin area. So I guess it is normal with combo-tendencies. The essential balm was originally meant for oily/combo skin, so I am sure it is not too rich for you! They haven't changed the formula (as far as I know).

I put it on after warming it up, then it is very close to liquid, not waxy or balmy, it is more like the liquid oils of Decleor.

I even love the VERY shiny skin I get from it. I only use it at night as well as t he other ladies here Smile
Sable
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all again for your feedback Smile Heating up in my palms does not reduce it to close to liquid consistency. Is there something wrong here? I think I'll take a sample to my beautician. Otherwise, here's another hand-cream for me Wink
Mabsy

Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
I blame poor blood circulation in your hands! :P Sorry, I'm in a weird mood Smile

I agree with Siri in that once this is warmed up in your hands it gets to a similar consistency as that of the Decleor oils. Try putting a little dab on the tip of your finger and gently rub it and pat it with another finger. That's what I generally do to warm it (same process as for the Creme de la Mer really). You don't really need much of this balm at all and it does take longer for it to warm up if you take more (naturally). Perhaps taking a sample to a beautician would be best, they can compare it to what they have plus they can show you the correct method for applying it.... And then you can describe it here Very Happy I just use a method i adapted from the product instructions....
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |