Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
:: Review :: Peter Thomas Roth Buffing Beads
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:20 am      Reply with quote
So I got my EDS parcel this afternoon and it's choc-a-block with great products and tonnes of samples Very Happy Oh how I love getting my EDS orders in the mail after a long day at work.... Thank you so much Magda, Caspers Mum and everybody else at EDS Very Happy

Sable, here's a review for you girl! I tried the Buffing Beads this evening and I decided to post a review of it straight away. I don't think it's likely that I would break out from a scrub a few days later so why wait!? Smile

First things first, this comes in a 237mL size. We're talking a scrub for your FACE so I'm seeing this lasting for a LOOOOOONG LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.... It's won the Allure Editor's Choice Award two years in a row (2001 & 2002) and most importantly (no just kidding about the importance factor) it's a funky bright blue colour! Surprised

Back of the bottle says:
"This highly effective, gentle, non-abrasive scrub for all skin types contains soft, ultrafine jojoba beads and botanical nutrients that work in two ways. First, they help exfoliate surface dead skin cells, allowing active treatment products and moisturizers to penetrate better when applied. Then, the ultra-fine jojoba beads help open clogged pores and emulsify the sebum that contributes to blackheads and whiteheads. Unique jojoba beads partially dissolve as they come in contact with warm, wet skin, minimizing the risk of irritation. Leaves the skin squeaky clean, smoothed and refreshed."

Ok, this scrub does just that, leaves your skin squeaky clean and smooth; it has just the right level of 'scratchyness'. I think it is a very nice scrub, it is very gentle yet you can feel it working. Given the quality of the product and the amount you get for your $ I would highly recommend this. Plus I love the colour of it (it turns light blue after you massage it on your skin for a while).

How this compares to Dermalogica Microfoliant.... Well, for me the Microfoliant wins to be honest. I think in the end they both do an equally good job of exfoliating and making my skin feel incredibly smooth. But I think I prefer the idea of exfoliation without scratching. I'm sure there are people that would rather FEEL the fact that they are exfoliating and this scrub would be perfect for them! As an aside though, I seem to get the impression, and it might be just an illusion, that the Microfoliant leaves my skin whiter and the Buffing Beads leave it more rosy. This might have something to do with the scrubbing action stimulating blood flow perhaps??? Not sure.

Bottom line, I love them both! Very Happy I will continue to use Microfoliant and I will be reaching for PTR Buffing Beads when I want a change in my routine. Incidentally, if anybody is thinking of ordering the Buffing Beads it's listed under cleansers rather than scrubs (just thought I'd mention that because I wanted to add it to my EDS order a while ago and didn't think they had it 'coz I was silly and only looked under scrubs Smile).
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Dear Sable!

It's very interresting to know that now Mabsy is hooked with her new PTR Buffing Beads after a long time affair with Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant, eventhough we know she still loves Daily but I bet she'll have a hard time to choose which one to be with every night (in the shower, that is)...Heeheehee !!!...

It was for her great post about Daily that I abandoned my Buffing Beads ( whoa!), but deep inside my heart I got to say I love them both ( torn between two lovers). And here what I think about them:

- I prefer to use Daily everyday, it's so gentle on my skin, it reminds me of a quote I read quite a while ago :" Treat your skin as gently as you do to porcelain."

-Well, my skin is not always as smooth as porcelain and for my 'once in a while' congested T-zone I love to use Buffing Beads at least once a week, the feeling of squeaky cleaned face always get me back to my blue cutie.

I must say I love them both. They all give me glowy, rosy skin ( like after being kissed). And I think both of the bottles will last for a long time. They're worth my money and ...my love to keep ( on my bathroom counter). Hope this help, Sable!
Mabsy

Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, what you're doing is EXACTLY what I decided to do last night! I figured that there is no way that I can give up my Microfoliant so I decided to keep using that everyday and then once or twice a week use the Buffing Beads instead Very Happy

Hopefully that's not too much exfoliation for my skin....
Sable
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so, so much for your review. You're an absolute doll. I have to admit, I had a feeling you might stick with Dermalogica on a daily basis, and leave PTR as a weekly option - though I was secretly hoping the Beads would prove so amazing, you'd leave Microfoliant in your wake LOL :P

Again, thank you so much for your review!
Sable
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Many thanks for your review, leiladao!! Your post has inspired me to purchase this big blue bottle of Botanical Buffing Beads :P

Thank-you sweetheart!
vassbeaute
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi ya mabsy,

I have used both of those and find the jojoba buffing beads much better at getting the gunk out of the pores. the micro from dermalogica i feel is too active for everday use. whats your view on this i would love to know. thanks
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
my girl friend uses the PTR buffing beads and just raves about them! I will try them next.

The Dermalogica daily is less harsh and great for everyday use. I could never use an actual "scrub" daily.

Enjoy your new purchase Mabsy!
anorn
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:45 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your review.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |